Gegard Mousasi's UFC wishlist: Alexander Gustafsson, Shogun Rua, Lyoto Machida

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gegard Mousasi's UFC wishlist: Alexander Gustafsson, Shogun Rua, Lyoto Machida
FastKnockout
1/14/13 11:20:19AM
Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Gegard Mousasi thinks the time is right for his imminent UFC debut and he hopes to face a top contender like Alexander Gustafsson, Shogun Rua or Lyoto Machida.

Link
Budgellism
1/14/13 11:22:21AM
I'd be happiest with Shogun out of those 3 names.
BillsNewAccount
1/14/13 12:04:18PM
His wish list is tight. All 3 of those fights would be amazing but I've got a bad feeling they are going to stick him with a wrestler.
sparky
1/14/13 12:24:17PM
I think Mousasi should start a little lower in the ranks to be honest. Not much lower but, I think he needs a win in the UFC before fighting one of these 3 guys. Someone like Brandon Vera just to start his UFC career out on the right foot.
BillsNewAccount
1/14/13 12:41:16PM

Posted by sparky

I think Mousasi should start a little lower in the ranks to be honest. Not much lower but, I think he needs a win in the UFC before fighting one of these 3 guys. Someone like Brandon Vera just to start his UFC career out on the right foot.

Yeah, if they are going to market him Vera is perfect. I'd also give him a new nickname. Something better than Dream Catcher or Kermit the Frog.
MoparJR253
1/14/13 12:48:04PM
Yea id have him stay away from the top guys first. Vera is a good one. Or Igor Procryhack. Someone not in the top 10to start. Hes young needs to earn his way.
State_Champ
1/14/13 1:03:24PM
I notice you avoided mentioning wrestlers Mr. Mousasi...
Curious thing, that.

Seriously, I'd like to see Mousasi against any of the guys he mentioned, though I'm not sure I would pick him (maybe I'd pick him over Shogun at this point, but I'm not sure).
Coolhand37
1/14/13 2:31:26PM
He oughta be thinking jason brilz little nog maybe some guys on the skids and about to get a pink slip for his first year of fights, a predator goes for the weak prey then works his way up. maybe leben at 205 or stann some people with poor jiu jitsu he can demolish on the ground.....Mousasi has a superb wrestling and ground game with very decent striking. he needs to win three fights in a row against guys he knows he can beat prove himself then call out gustafson or jones or these big guys.
maybe rampage fight guys with crappy ground games.
Theoutlaw08
1/14/13 3:25:31PM
I'd like to see him come in and fight a top ten guy. i think it makes sense.
infestructure
1/14/13 4:19:32PM

Posted by Budgellism

I'd be happiest with Shogun out of those 3 names.

Me too, Gusto would be my second choice.

Machida would destroy him though imo
bootyclause
1/14/13 7:14:25PM
I wanna see Ryan Bader give him a nice 30-27 UD grindfest loss.
tcunningham
1/14/13 7:33:18PM
i dont see how he has earned any of those three names. dont get me wrong, he's a great fighter, but i just think if they put him in there with a top guy and he loses he might have a hard time recovering. test him with some lower ranked opponents to see if he still has it as well as build his confidence in a new organization.