Gegard Mousasi signs three fight deal with Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gegard Mousasi signs three fight deal with Strikeforce
BrutalKnockOut
7/29/09 12:47:31AM
Gegard Mousasi signs three fight deal with Strikeforce

Fight with Babalu confirmed, but Mousasi also hints at other future sports endeavors, besides MMA.
Gogoplatapus
7/29/09 1:14:45AM
It says Dana dropped the ball, but I'm willing to bet that the Super Hulk tourney was close to the only thing that keeps him from the UFC. Three fights with Strikeforce, his Dream commitments and a couple of boxing bouts down the road. UFC in a year or two? Sounds good to me.
StorminYourman
7/29/09 1:25:49AM

I am all for Gerard in more US competition. He will become a top 10 LHW mark my words!
gartface
7/29/09 1:54:30AM

Posted by StorminYourman

I am all for Gerard in more US competition. He will become a top 10 LHW mark my words!

Become one? He already is one.
mach
7/29/09 3:57:30AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by StorminYourman

I'm a huge Mousasi fan but the only fight he's had since bumping up to LHW is Mark Hunt. He really hasnt done anything at this weight yet
postman
7/29/09 8:01:24AM

Posted by mach

Posted by gartface

Posted by StorminYourman

I'm a huge Mousasi fan but the only fight he's had since bumping up to LHW is Mark Hunt. He really hasnt done anything at this weight yet

No he hasn't and he jumped from 170 right? thats like fightinf on a different planet.
cowcatcher
7/29/09 8:07:59AM
well he beat kang, the donger, melvin and jacare to win the MW belt in drteam and thats only one weight class below LHW. hes a stud, and is going to do very well wherever he is.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/29/09 5:41:14PM
he was the middleweight champ in dream and he gave that up. He's going to win that heavyweight tourny as well, hes going to beat Sobral for that title.
which mean in 2 years he has won 3 titles in 3 different weight classes, he's a beast for sure, Ufc is the only reasonable option for a fighter of his caliber
CwB
7/29/09 6:01:30PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

It says Dana dropped the ball, but I'm willing to bet that the Super Hulk tourney was close to the only thing that keeps him from the UFC. Three fights with Strikeforce, his Dream commitments and a couple of boxing bouts down the road. UFC in a year or two? Sounds good to me.

wow you said exactly what i was thinking before i was even thinking it