GEGARD MOUSASI: "IT'S NOT A JIU-JITSU FIGHT"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » GEGARD MOUSASI: "IT'S NOT A JIU-JITSU FIGHT"
emfleek
7/21/09 8:12:42AM
Gegard Mousasi has plenty of options when he faces Renato “Babalu” Sobral at Affliction “Trilogy” in on Aug. 1.

The Iranian-born resident of the Netherlands believes it’s important to fight opponents at their weakest points. In his last showing at Dream 9, against Mark Hunt, he did just that, taking the giant striker down and cinching a quick submission. Against brawler Melvin Manhoef… the same.

STORY
Nightmare27
7/21/09 2:23:44PM
This is going to be a good fight. Neither guy is a slouch anywhere. I do think that Mousasi has the stand up advantage.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/21/09 2:50:37PM
At this point in both of the fighter's careers I think this matchup makes sense. I've always been a fan of babalu's and of his ground skills, also lately we've seen him come out of his shell with some bombs standing up. On the other hand, ever since the young vagabond sprung onto the scene i have been following him non stop and he's become easily in my top 5 favorite fighters. That being said, I think what both fighters bring to the ring is awesome, I just think that whatever babalu's is good at, Mousasi will be a lil' sharper and faster. Therefore i'm pretty sure this fight ends with Mousasi KO'ing babalu in the 1st.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/21/09 9:49:36PM
which means Mousasi is going to keep this one standing and Knock Sobral the f**k out
NewEnglandMMA
7/22/09 8:37:27PM
This fight could steal the show now that Barnett is out..