Gears of War 3

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Gears of War 3
gartface
9/22/11 9:41:36AM
This game is incredible. It's been a long long time since I've been addicted to an online game. When I'm not at work, it's hard to tear myself away from it. It's all of what Gears of War 2 was, plus a few weapons, and dedicated servers. To be honest, Gears of War 2 was perfect outside of the servers being absolute crap.

Well done Cliffy B! Well done!

Xbox Live Gamertag: Gartface

kopower
9/22/11 1:18:00PM
I've always wanted to play the GOW series, just never pulled the trigger. The only video game I've really put time into the past years was Mass Effect 2. What's your opinion on just buying gears 3? Would it be better to pick up 2 first, finish that, then 3? I don't play online.
bojangalz
9/22/11 4:05:26PM
I'm definitely going to have to get a copy of this from somewhere for a weekender this winter. A buddy and I generally kick the women folk out for a weekend each year and it always seems like that's our one chance to get together and play some poker and video games. Last year we beat gears two inside of the weekend. I imagine we'll try and accomplish the same this time around with Gears 3.
gartface
9/23/11 8:56:29AM

Posted by kopower

I've always wanted to play the GOW series, just never pulled the trigger. The only video game I've really put time into the past years was Mass Effect 2. What's your opinion on just buying gears 3? Would it be better to pick up 2 first, finish that, then 3? I don't play online.

Well, I beat the first one with a buddy when it came out, and it was fantastic. We played a lot over the LAN at school. The second one was awesome, but I never finished the campaign just due to my frustration with the online play. I just got to the point where I was done picking the game up.

I have yet to try the campaign on this. I bought it mainly for the multiplayer, but I'm guessing, at least from the reviews that I've seen, the campaign is amazing. Metacritic has given it a 91/100, which for them, is quite good.

But yeah, I would say get the double(may it's triple) pack that features the first two games(and maybe some other content) and play those before you spend $60 on the third game.
Silent-Sir
9/24/11 11:02:32PM
I've been playing it with my girlfriend all week and we absolutely love it!

Okay, I love it. She tolerates it because I'm playing it.