What gear are you using?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » What gear are you using?
postman
11/2/08 4:49:07PM
I just bought the Title MMA training gloves last night and i'm looking to buy a new pair of shin gear. So I was just wondering what gear everyone uses?
Jackelope
11/2/08 6:10:03PM
Fairtex shin guards, everlast boxing gear and a shock doctor mouth guard
juanez13
11/2/08 6:24:54PM
I have Hayabusa Shin guards, Cleto Reyes training boxing gloves. And i also have the shock doctor mouthguard, i have the max one.
postman
11/2/08 8:45:13PM
Anyone use the Combat Sports grappeling shin guards? or any other claiming to be for grappeling?
Jackelope
11/2/08 8:58:14PM
I've used those, and they definitely are better for grappling. For kickboxing I wouldn't suggest anything but Fairtex, but when it comes to grappling I've got to admit the combat sports ones aren't bad. Just because they don't have the belt and buckle style that most do
cmill21
11/2/08 9:17:50PM
Twins gloves and shin guards. For shorts I wear UA compressions and a pair of venom muay thai shorts or a set of UA shorts.
The_Ho_Bag
11/2/08 11:01:38PM
Boxing gloves im using top contender ama gloves

MMA-combat sports training gloves

shinguard-combat sports grappling ones

mouth guard-shockdoctor for braces

shorts- 8 pairs of fight shorts(uncle works for champs so i get tapout shorts for free, and i get warrior,pimpit etc)
cmill21
11/3/08 12:15:27AM
I can say that I have used fairtex twins and everlast gloves(as well as various gloves that the RCMP stocks) and twins are by far my favorite. They wear better then fairtex(not much but a little) and I like how the fingers move. One problem with twins is they're not the greatest if you have long fingers(mine extend out from the tip of the glove a little to far).
postman
11/3/08 5:41:35PM
Hey do you where the Thai shorts for grappling too? I was looking at them and they actually seem like they might be better being that they are shorter.
Jackelope
11/3/08 9:45:20PM
I prefer something tight fitting and a bit longer for grappling. It pisses me off when my foot gets caught on people's baggy shorts so I like to be courteous in the same regard back. Although most thai shorts aren't too bad for that cuz the crotch area doesn't hang too low.

Also I don't like having too much skin exposed on the mat out of fear for rashes and nasty mat sickness stuff (ringworm, etc.)
Wolfenstein
11/3/08 10:23:48PM
Shin Guards-Hayabusa Pro-Shin-Instep Guards (I rarely wear shin guards anymore)
Gloves- Hayabusa Gloves
Shorts- Hayabusa Kyudo shorts, bad boy Vale tudo shorts, and Sprawl V-Flex shorts
Mouth Guard- Shock Doctor Gel Max
Thai Gloves- Windy's

I've definetely fallen in love with Hayabusa products. They're typically a little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for.

Omega
11/5/08 12:30:51PM

Posted by postman

Anyone use the Combat Sports grappeling shin guards? or any other claiming to be for grappeling?

I have. They're nice but most of my stuff is Revgear. I just like them because they're easier to order from and there stuff is comfortable.
Omega
11/5/08 12:31:31PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Shin Guards-Hayabusa Pro-Shin-Instep Guards (I rarely wear shin guards anymore)
Gloves- Hayabusa Gloves
Shorts- Hayabusa Kyudo shorts, bad boy Vale tudo shorts, and Sprawl V-Flex shorts
Mouth Guard- Shock Doctor Gel Max
Thai Gloves- Windy's

I've definetely fallen in love with Hayabusa products. They're typically a little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for.

Hayabusa is an excellent brand, I'm just too cheap to order from them.
The-Don
11/5/08 2:46:47PM
I use a mix of Title and Everlast stuff..
bigbubbano23
11/5/08 6:54:28PM
combat sports all the way. they are usually always on backorder but for good reason. i'd like to get some clinch gear shorts
The_Ho_Bag
11/6/08 12:13:16AM

Posted by juanez13

I have Hayabusa Shin guards, Cleto Reyes training boxing gloves. And i also have the shock doctor mouthguard, i have the max one.

i envy for using reyes ... lucky guy =p
The-Don
11/6/08 4:34:09PM

Posted by postman

I just bought the Title MMA training gloves last night and i'm looking to buy a new pair of shin gear. So I was just wondering what gear everyone uses?

Are you talking the red ones they have?
thelastking
11/7/08 12:57:41PM
Gloves - Windy
Shin guards - Combat sports the none grappeling ones
mouth guard - shock doctor
shorts - sprawl
head gear - twins
postman
11/7/08 6:56:42PM
Yeah I just got them in today! I can't wait to use them tomorrow! I do have to say I bought the regular sized ones and I don't have very big hands and they just barely fit.