Gear

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Gear
puppetmaster837
11/7/07 7:43:04PM
So I am gonna be marking stuff off in my Combat Sports International catalog for Christmas but i have a question. Fairtex standard thai kick pads costs $120, while Combat Sports pad is $80. And there are lots of other things i plan on getting. So my question is, is Fairtex worth spending the extra money? Because all of their stuff is more expensive.
bayonetxwork
11/7/07 8:29:46PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

So I am gonna be marking stuff off in my Combat Sports International catalog for Christmas but i have a question. Fairtex standard thai kick pads costs $120, while Combat Sports pad is $80. And there are lots of other things i plan on getting. So my question is, is Fairtex worth spending the extra money? Because all of their stuff is more expensive.

I love Fairtex, probably one of my favorite companies and have most of their gear. They make the most top end quality stuff IMO, but its all depending upon how demanding you are for quality. If you train just casually, go with the cheaper ones, they'll be just as good. But if you plan on training for the years to come, go with the Fairtex, and they'll last you forever.
Mastodon2
11/8/07 7:31:27PM
Man if there is ony lesson I can impart about gear, its "Go good, or dont go at all". If you buy the cheaper stuff, its a false economy, as it wont last and you will spend more in the long run.

Get the Fairtex ones, they will last forever. I don't have a lot of Fairtex gear, but I know its all quality, I use a mix of Twins, Raja, Sandee and Fairtex gear. I've got Fairtex Shin guards, they are quite bulky, but offer great protection and and will last forever., and they are very lightweight for their size, without compromising mine, or my partners safety.

Now all you need to find is someone who knows how to hold the pads for you, there is more to it than first meets the eye!
slamdunk
11/9/07 1:56:00AM
yer wen ppl cant hold pads properly it jst ruins every thing

but im not the greatest so i should shut up
lance70301
11/19/07 3:50:42PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Fairtex is an excellent brand..try shopping Ebay for some Fairtex equipment, they have alot of great kickboxing gear !
bayonetxwork
11/19/07 4:02:51PM

Posted by Mastodon2
Now all you need to find is someone who knows how to hold the pads for you, there is more to it than first meets the eye!

Man, I feel you there. Catching kicks and punches is an art. I can't stand when we whip out the focus mitts, and I have someone who can't catch them right, it almost makes that training session feel worthless.