Gatekeepers in each division

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Gatekeepers in each division
« Previous Page
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
8/31/08 12:47:49AM
I also don't think Guida will be a gatekeeper forever, I think after he beats Mac he'll get a fight against a named opponent like Joe Stevenson or Frankie Edgar...and possibly win.
Zekeil
9/1/08 2:44:04PM

Posted by DCRage

HW-Gonzaga or Kongo
LHW-Not sure
MW-Franklin
WW-Parisyan
LW-Stevenson

Franklin and Parisyan and Stevenson????

Your talking about the number two, number 6(give or take) and number 3 or 4 of their divisions. How could they be considered gate keeper's?

HH - Gonzaga and Kongo should fight and the loser is definately the gate keeper.

LW - As good as the LW division is right now, I would have to say that Fischer is a good choice for gate keeper. That division is just stacked.

WW - should absolutely be Lytle. He's tough enough to stop some of the best newcomers but not enough to go anywhere in the division.

LHW - James Irvin would be a good test for any newcomer.

MW - I almost forgot. Dre McFedries is a good choice for 185 he's good but needs alot of groundwork. His striking makes up for it though and if you can make it past that you've earned the right to be in the UFC.

I might be wrong on my pick's but I know one thing for sure
Franklin, Parisyan and Stevenson are NOT gate keepers.

hathcock32
9/1/08 11:40:02PM
Saying Franklin is a gate-keeper is dumb. Anderson Silva is the only man to stop him at MW. Someone mentioned Koscheck thats another joke...hes arguably number 2 in the world.

HW- Herring is perfect

LHW- Bonnar is good

MW- Sakara

WW- Lytle is the perfect gate-keeper

LW- Hermes Franca
Aether
9/2/08 12:44:52PM
Man where were all you guys like 2 weeks ago when I had this huge argument with someone trying to tell me Franklin was a gatekeeper!? lol.

here it is

tomsmith17381
9/2/08 1:00:45PM

Posted by Taylor8766

HW:Eddie Sanchez
LHW:Possibly Houston Alexander
MW:Jason Macdonald
WW:Luke Cummo
LW:Spencer Fisher

eddiesanchez is a can he gets his ass whooped on a regular basis. i agree with alexander in LHW ill go with Leben in MW. not sure about the other divisions.
gsquat
9/2/08 2:06:19PM
For the record, if you can beat anyone but the champion in a particular division... yes! That does make you a gatekeeper. A gatekeeper of the highest power. With the presence of A. Silva, Rich Franklin is a gatekeeper in the MW division. There, I said it.
hathcock32
9/12/08 7:24:38PM

Posted by gsquat

For the record, if you can beat anyone but the champion in a particular division... yes! That does make you a gatekeeper. A gatekeeper of the highest power. With the presence of A. Silva, Rich Franklin is a gatekeeper in the MW division. There, I said it.

Obviously we have different opinions on what a "gatekeeper" is.
jgtribbett
9/13/08 6:55:51PM
what exactly is a gatekeeper.. i mean.. i get the idea.. but put it into words for me.. someone
tooly236
9/13/08 8:48:53PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by mrkennedy

HW=Maybe Heath Herring
LHW=Wilson Gouveia
MW=Jason Macdonald
WW=Chris Lytle or Josh Burkman
LW=Spencer Fisher

give me your oppinion

I would tend to agree except maybe at LWT, and definitely at LHWT. I would say Guida instead of Fisher probably, and Bonnar at LHVY. Gouvea is moving to 185 last I heard, and I think he will be a contender at that weight . Despite his loss at 205 I still think he had top 6-10 abilty there. All the rest I'm with you.

All is good but, I think they are going to build Jason Macdonald up again, he has had a good run lately. And I don't know about Heath, his next fight will tell the tale.
jawbreaker517
9/14/08 6:58:36PM
HW division: Antoni Hardonk
LHW division:James Irvin
MW division:Kendall Grove
WW division:Chris Lytle
LW division:Melvin Guillard
Pages: 1 [2]