Gary Shaw Responds To Dana White

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gary Shaw Responds To Dana White
grappler0000
5/23/08 9:34:21AM
EliteXC held a conference call today to hype their upcoming CBS show 'CBS EliteXC Saturday Night Fights' which debuts May 31 at 9 p.m. ET.

EliteXC president Gary Shaw responded in harsh fashion to Dana White's assertions that that the UFC's lightweight champion, BJ Penn, could defeat EliteXC heavyweight Kimbo Slice.

"Dana White is a jerkoff," Shaw said via conference call. "That’s what Dana White is, a ******* idiot, and you can quote me on that. If he cared about mixed martial arts and the sport instead of caring about his big ass swimming pool and his own personal gains, he’d understand that statements like that make someone into a jerk. First of all, I love BJ Penn and he is a friend of mine. Kimbo Slice, one shot, would knock BJ Penn out, a 155 pounder. But they are never going to fight, it is an idiotic statement from a complete idiot… Dana White’s an idiot. And if he wasn’t an idiot, May 31 would have been the UFC instead of EliteXC. I rest my case."

Link
TWITA
5/23/08 9:44:35AM
Wow! Harsh words indeed. However, Kimbo wouldn't knock BJ out with 1 punch and if it ever got to the ground, BJ would submit Kimbo in about 30 seconds.
kaduey
5/23/08 9:58:32AM
I put my money on BJ Penn. And Gary Shaw is the scumbag boxing promoter, you know the guys who helped bury into the ground? Who is this clown to say Dana White only cares about his "swimming pools"? Dana was in this sport when Gary Shaw thought mma was short for some kind erectile dysfunction.
finnish_line
5/23/08 10:36:00AM

This is the dumbest war of words ever.
JoeySteel
5/23/08 12:13:18PM
I don't know about Kimbo vs. Penn. I know it would not be over in one shot.

And poor Gary. I think I am gonna try and scrape some of my pool money together and get that dude a Thesaurus. How many times did he say idiot.

That dude is an idiot.
imanidiot777
5/23/08 12:21:35PM

Posted by JoeySteel

And poor Gary. I think I am gonna try and scrape some of my pool money together and get that dude a Thesaurus. How many times did he say idiot.

That dude is an idiot.

I think he has to sound angry because in his heart he really knows that BJ could probably get up to the 180's in weight and then submit Kimbo. Hell if I were BJ I'd just lay on the ground and wait for him to come get me.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/23/08 12:43:23PM
I hate DW more than anyone on this site and guess what, BJ has an excellent chance against Kimbo. I feel so dirty. This means my BJ nut huggery trumps my Dana hate.
lordicast
5/23/08 1:26:58PM
I think that shaw not being in touch with MMA completely forgot that BJ Penn went the distance in a close fight with Machida(205), a person i think would destroy Kimbo!! FACT
king_katool
5/23/08 1:27:37PM
lol so funny and i see this fight lasting just as long as kimbos other fights jus under a minute id say.... kinda like the lesnar mir fight
pv3Hpv3p
5/23/08 1:29:12PM
Lol.. Shaw sounds little Dana-esque here IMO
Gipper
5/23/08 1:34:28PM
i agree with white. penn would beat kimbo.
SpiderSilva
5/23/08 1:45:37PM
I think Big Nog would destroy Kimbo if UFC would match weight clsses with EXC
owen1
5/23/08 2:24:08PM
These 2 are like little kids.
I do agree with Dana though I think BJ would beat Kimbo.
bigbubbano23
5/23/08 2:44:12PM
wow i never thought i would have to imagine bj vs kimbo. overall i think bj would win by 2rd sub.
wrona666
5/23/08 3:14:56PM
Gary Shaw looks like a Troll and thats all i have to say about that
loller90278
5/23/08 3:22:08PM
this is ridiculous on how many nut huggers of BJ are on this forum and in this world. sure the guys got natural ability but his record isnt stellar, i wish the fight with sherk will prove that bj is not this invincible indestructible superhuman!

i just dont see a 155 pounder (or even a 180 pounder) submitting a guy that trains with bas rutten everyday for hours on JJ when hes being outweighed by a hundred pounds. besides, kimbo will knock him out before then.

*cant believe that i just flamed bj penn and hyped kimbo in the same post

owen1
5/23/08 5:07:06PM
Gotta love the quotes from Dana
"The guy he is fighting, James Thompson, might get knocked out before he gets into the cage"

Red-Dragon
5/23/08 5:19:19PM

Posted by lordicast

I think that shaw not being in touch with MMA completely forgot that BJ Penn went the distance in a close fight with Machida(205), a person i think would destroy Kimbo!! FACT

F*ckin spot on. PROPS
MaxOne
5/23/08 5:57:02PM
I thought i'd be the only one saying I would favor Bj if something like this ever actually happened.

I guess not.

the Machida fight is a great example of how good Bj really is.
prozacnation1978
5/23/08 7:45:52PM
i think eventually ufc will buy out elte xc, and cut all the employees sign their best fighters like they did with pride, you know dana wants to destroy gary shaw's promotions
Sir_Karl
5/23/08 8:41:58PM
Thumbs up to Dana White....thumbs down to Gary Shaw and BJ Penn wastes Kimbo Slice...hands down.
JoeySteel
5/23/08 10:26:57PM

Posted by loller90278

this is ridiculous on how many nut huggers of BJ are on this forum and in this world. sure the guys got natural ability but his record isnt stellar, i wish the fight with sherk will prove that bj is not this invincible indestructible superhuman!

This is F-ing ridiculous. BJ is superhuman. In fact he is a super hero, ALSO he brings all the stoner bad boys and girls, who get coal from santa, weed like two days after christmas. Could a regular human do that? Hmm? I didn't think so.

Fact: BJ Penn is super human.
Fact: We are not "nut hugging, we are being objective.
Fact: BJ WILL prove something in the Sherk fight by coming out in his new super hero outfit as the Flying Hawiian (how do you spell Hawaiian) and blowing Sherk up with his roid targeted lazer eye blasts.
Fact: If you continue to put down BJ he will kill you, after he dispenses Sherk.
Fact: If Sherk had nuts, you'd a been on those boys. As he has none, you are safely not a "nut hugger".

I think whe you add up all the facts, you get the picture.

BUt if you didn't. I'll give you a hint: BJ did fight Kimbo in a super secret street fight earlier this year, he actually killed Kimbo, dead. Then he brought him back to life. And flew away.

So we don't have to speculate any more on this silly question. BJ would kill Kimbo, dead, AGAIN.

loller90278 you seem like a briought dude, I just wanted to warn you. I hope you don't get blown up dude, but it may be too late.

WAR BJ

ChokeUout
5/23/08 10:31:35PM
For Somebody who doesn't like Dana White, Gary Shaw sure is starting to talk an awful lot like Dana.

ALso, the Fact Gary Thinks Kimbo would knock BJ out with one punch pretty much shows his MMA intelligence right there, so yea
holt8081
5/24/08 12:28:30AM

Posted by wrona666

Gary Shaw looks like a Troll and thats all i have to say about that

quezocrema0032
5/24/08 12:31:00AM

Posted by JoeySteel

Posted by loller90278

This is F-ing ridiculous. BJ is superhuman. In fact he is a super hero, ALSO he brings all the stoner bad boys and girls, who get coal from santa, weed like two days after christmas. Could a regular human do that? Hmm? I didn't think so.

Fact: BJ WILL prove something in the Sherk fight by coming out in his new super hero outfit as the Flying Hawiian (how do you spell Hawaiian) and blowing Sherk up with his roid targeted lazer eye blasts.
Fact: If you continue to put down BJ he will kill you, after he dispenses Sherk.
Fact: If Sherk had nuts, you'd a been on those boys. As he has none, you are safely not a "nut hugger".

BUt if you didn't. I'll give you a hint: BJ did fight Kimbo in a super secret street fight earlier this year, he actually killed Kimbo, dead. Then he brought him back to life. And flew away.

So we don't have to speculate any more on this silly question. BJ would kill Kimbo, dead, AGAIN.

loller90278 you seem like a briought dude, I just wanted to warn you. I hope you don't get blown up dude, but it may be too late.

WAR BJ

He Pretty much summed it up ... and you loller90278 that has got to be the dumbest post ive ever seen in my life ... i feel like a dumber person by reading it ... kimbo whos been traing for what a year ? is gona stop the former BJJ WORLD CHAMP from submitting him ... stupidest post ive ever seen ... but a for effort =D
Kracker_Jap
5/24/08 12:42:40AM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

I hate DW more than anyone on this site and guess what, BJ has an excellent chance against Kimbo. I feel so dirty. This means my BJ nut huggery trumps my Dana hate.

Really you hate Dana White??? Are you on drugs???

J/K We all have read your post before....this hate you have for Dana is no secret

BTW.... BJ Penn would kick the Sh......*it out of Kimbo standin or on the ground
GrandMaster313
5/24/08 12:48:02AM

Posted by JoeySteel

That dude is an idiot.

nicely put
MMAcca
5/24/08 1:38:28AM

Posted by JoeySteel

Posted by loller90278

WAR BJ

Good Post!!

I completely agree and props to you my friend.....
mrsmiley
5/24/08 8:44:34AM
How many Vince McMahon's do we need in MMA?