Gary Shaw On Affliction/Golden Boy Partnership: "I Think They're In For Some Surprises"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gary Shaw On Affliction/Golden Boy Partnership: "I Think They're In For Some Surprises"
DCRage
9/16/08 12:31:33PM
During a recent radio interview, Gary Shaw offered his thoughts on the partnership between Affliction & Golden Boy Promotions, He doesn't think it'll work out and that they're in for some surprises.

Article
Focker101
9/16/08 1:00:24PM
I agree to some degree with Gary, about the mix promotion of boxing and MMA
and that really really hurt to say that

However I curiously believe that De La Hoya's people see the profit margin shrinking quickly in the boxing market ( Low PPV buys and high fight purses )
and is getting his foot into the MMA door while it is still early to continue being profitable it would not suprise me to see Golden Boy / Affliction do more MMA then boxing in the not too distant future

JMO
Darnok
9/16/08 1:58:50PM
The problem is that Affliction is going the way of boxing, with one headliner on the card and no good undercard fights. I am not saying that this is how they are planning on doing it, it will just happen this way. There will be a Fedor main bout and then crap.
prozacnation1978
9/16/08 5:33:23PM
we all know afflication will sink cause of this but dude don't even put your name in the same sentence as dana white
gary shaw got pushed out