The Gary Goodridge quitter fight

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Gary Goodridge quitter fight
MMAcca
12/13/08 11:31:14AM
kris_ericson
12/13/08 11:41:35AM
ya know you kinda cant do that it makes people think less of you but what is the reason why? was it because he was losing? because that would be the most shameful thing i have ever seen im very confused about this
MMAcca
12/13/08 11:44:21AM

Posted by kris_ericson

ya know you kinda cant do that it makes people think less of you but what is the reason why? was it because he was losing? because that would be the most shameful thing i have ever seen im very confused about this

From Fightlinker.com...

Care of CagePlay.com, we now have video of the fight were Gary Goodridge walks out halfway through the second round because he claimed his opponent was grabbing at the ropes. For those of you who don’t wanna watch the fight, let me fill you in on how it plays out: the first three minutes are Gary getting punched to hell in what is either a one sided beating or an excellent display of rope-a-dope. Although isn’t part of the whole rope-a-dope thing about leaning back so your opponent can’t smash you in the face? Because Goodridge didn’t do that part so good.

Anyways, the whupping gets bad that the ref docks Goodridge a point and does a standing 8 count … I guess MMA rules are a little different in Hungary. Then it’s back to Gary getting beaten on. Yes, there’s a decent amount of rope holding going on and the ref is a cocksucker for not deducting points, but I’d say Goodridge leaving probably has more to do with losing than it does with the ropes. If he was losing BECAUSE of the ropes, then that’d be a different story. But I’d say it was more an 80% ass getting kicked, 20% ropes ratio.
loller90278
12/13/08 3:20:25PM
i just saw the video and i disagree with fightlinker... goodridge was never hurt in that fight and that standing 8 count was bs. seems to me that goodridge was just covering up until the other guy gassed.

and the guy did hold the ropes way too much.
king_katool
12/13/08 4:29:13PM

Posted by loller90278

i just saw the video and i disagree with fightlinker... goodridge was never hurt in that fight and that standing 8 count was bs. seems to me that goodridge was just covering up until the other guy gassed.

and the guy did hold the ropes way too much.

if you watch the video with sound the crowd is cheering when the fat white wins, it looks to me like this was a hometown kinda thing, the fat white guy even went over to the ref when the ref was trying to convince gary to stay, looks like he wanted gary to leave, 2 times gary picked him right off the ground and he was holding the hopes, walking out of the ring/cage during a fight has to be one of the most disrespectful things ever, but i wont hold this one against gary
MMAcca
12/15/08 11:16:16AM
Another video of the fight HERE.