Garcia not promising technical fight but vows to show improvement at UFC on FX 3

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Garcia not promising technical fight but vows to show improvement at UFC on FX 3
prophecy033
6/6/12 10:57:09PM
For all of the ups and downs Leonard Garcia (15-8-1 MMA, 2-4 UFC) has endured in a brawl-filled 13-year MMA career, he's never before had to deal with two straight losses.

So after back-to-back defeats to Nam Phan and Chan Sung Jung, Garcia was forced to go back to the drawing board.

And while it seems everyone's suggestion for Garcia is to brawl less and look to take a more technical approach to fighting, "Bad Boy" said he's not entirely sure that's in his nature. Instead, Garcia said there's a long-forgotten part of his game that he's going to bring back to light.

Link
prophecy033
6/6/12 10:59:03PM
"when it's game time, I always tend to cut loose a little bit."

This is the BIGGEST understatement known to man
BossHog
6/6/12 10:59:07PM
If Garcia loses him and they cut him after all the chances they've given Dan Hardy...
george112
6/6/12 11:00:19PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

He's one more loss away from being an after thought in the division.

Hope he can pull out the win
tcunningham
6/6/12 11:27:03PM
the improvement he needs is a WIN. i would like to see him finish somebody too. i love watching garcia but if he loses he needs to be cut
FastKnockout
6/6/12 11:45:04PM
Win or lose, the guy always brings excitement. I always look foward to his fights.

GUERRA GARCIA!
Twenty20Dollars
6/6/12 11:55:26PM
Improvements? Doubt it?

Try throwing a jab instead of a haymaker.

Once he gets into a brawl, that's it, that's his gameplan. Idk how he trains at greg jackson's and still does that.
infestructure
6/7/12 12:29:49AM
I hope he can rein himself in, his kickboxing is special stuff, his strikes hit hard, but he is so predictable
alienator13
6/7/12 9:28:01AM

Garcia said there's a long-forgotten part of his game that he's going to bring back to light.

If he still remember what BJJ is?