Side Games section to bring back the MMA Lounge

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Side Games section to bring back the MMA Lounge
Kpro
10/4/11 3:09:43AM
I think in the MMA General section we should add a "Side Games" section as a lot of good topics in the MMA Lounge are being lost to page 2 where not many go because of all the fantasy drafts and games going on. I enjoy the side games, they're just negating the MMA Lounge discussions. I didn't even know we had some great Playground interviews with fighters because of all the fantasy drafts and 'vote for your favorite' type topics pushing MMA talk threads beyond the first page.

I think topics like, for instance, the Action Star Tourney where it's a voting tourney that takes up a dozen topics at once and becomes the only thing on the first page of the Lounge should go in the Side Games section also. There are enough forum games and fantasy poll's going on now where there needs to be a section for it so that the MMA Lounge can return to being a general MMA talk section like it used to be and we don't bump solid topics that would've led to good discussions off the radar as has been happening.

Or am I just too lazy to click on page 2?

Thoughts?
Poor_Franklin
10/4/11 4:16:03AM
100% agree
Rabi
10/4/11 8:23:30AM
As the man who runs the side games, I think its a good idea, another suggestion is you can sticky the games and then they won't take up all the space on the front page, I do this on my camp forum with the side games and the next lot of UFC fights and it makes the first page bigger, I'm assuming it would be the same on the main forums.
KungFuMaster
10/4/11 11:27:15AM
My name is KFM and I approve this message.
pmoney
10/4/11 1:10:47PM
Definitely a good idea.
Rabi
10/4/11 2:11:16PM
If you need a name for that forum, you could call it Rabi's Corner
tepid55
10/4/11 2:13:19PM
I think it's a good idea.
Poor_Franklin
10/4/11 2:13:55PM
im sure im not the only one to think about this, but i also wish we could subscribe to camp threads like the regular ones. makes it harder to keep up w/ all my games
emfleek
10/4/11 2:16:02PM

Posted by Rabi

Complimentary towels and hand sanitizer for anyone willing to step foot in to "Rabi's corner"...

Rabi
10/4/11 2:18:28PM
Admit it Fleek, you'd be leading the way lol!
emfleek
10/4/11 2:20:03PM

Posted by Rabi

Admit it Fleek, you'd be leading the way lol!

Budgellism
10/4/11 6:17:36PM
Makes a lot of sense to me
sparky
10/4/11 7:51:33PM

Posted by Rabi

Pookie
10/5/11 6:33:16AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Rabi

Complimentary towels and hand sanitizer for anyone willing to step foot in to "Rabi's corner"...

*Hits you*

But in all seriousness, all of your traditional emfleek innuendos are that much more enjoyable with your new avatar. Im going to be sad when the week is over.

Oh and yes the topic at hand, Because of the death of everything non-ufc - all the discussion topics happen in the UFC forum now.
jjeans
10/5/11 7:45:57AM

LINK

Posted by jjeans

How about another forum section is put up, in either the community or off topic?

The Forum should be entitled Side Games (of course code of conduct would apply) but like it would just be easier to see theres a new post on MMA general and not be like, oh i wonder what someones said and it be an update on a sidegame. Theres a few side games that are always being run, such as the draft project, fantasy drafts, sports surivior, horror tournaments, survivor seasons, Rabis fantasy leagues, why can't we make a forum for them all?

So basically yeah I approve...