Game Of The Year opinions?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Game Of The Year opinions?
FastKnockout
10/14/11 11:32:12PM
Any of you other video game enthusiasts have a game you think will win GOTY for 2011? It might be silly of me considering it hasn't released yet, but I think Batman: Arkam City will win GOTY, or be a contender considering games like Battlefied and Mordern Warfare will be releasing soon. I've heard only good things about it, and most gaming sites are giving it a 9.5 rating. What do you guys think?

Batman: Arkam City Gamespot Review

10 minutes of gameplay
karn501
10/14/11 11:38:04PM
elder scrolls 5 skyrim it doesn't even have to be out and their is no doubt at all in my mind
FastKnockout
10/14/11 11:55:56PM

Posted by karn501

elder scrolls 5 skyrim it doesn't even have to be out and their is no doubt at all in my mind

I've heard A LOT of good things about Skyrim. Not my cup of tea, though.
prophecy033
10/15/11 12:17:38AM
L.A. Noire- this game was the first game to have live action actors play the rolls. It looks just like a movie. The gameplay was pretty good and the story was awesome.
bjj1605
10/28/11 3:25:21PM
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

OR

Battlefield 3.

Probably Skyrim.
ChrisSabal
10/29/11 1:18:49PM
Easily gonna be Elder Scrolls Skyrim.
Aether
10/29/11 4:03:37PM
starcraft 2. I don't know who does the awards or what is nominated or anything, but Blizzard consistently makes the best games in the world, and pretty much every new game they make breaks some kind of records, and sells hundreds of millions of copies.

Can't think of any game that offers the replay value of a game like starcraft. People play this game as a career, and will be playing it as a career for probably the next decade while all of the other games made in the same year are a distant memory to gamers.
Geoffo
10/31/11 5:23:43PM

Posted by Aether

starcraft 2. I don't know who does the awards or what is nominated or anything, but Blizzard consistently makes the best games in the world, and pretty much every new game they make breaks some kind of records, and sells hundreds of millions of copies.

Can't think of any game that offers the replay value of a game like starcraft. People play this game as a career, and will be playing it as a career for probably the next decade while all of the other games made in the same year are a distant memory to gamers.

Concur.

gartface
10/31/11 6:09:35PM
Gears of War 3. The multi-player is outstanding.
ChrisSabal
10/31/11 6:55:11PM
well Uncharted 3 got a perfect 10 from IGN so I think that might win.