UFC Game Thing last Night?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC Game Thing last Night?
Ben_Hutch
6/21/08 7:56:57AM
Does anyone know what news was released about the game last night on Spike?
Frost_777
6/21/08 8:18:03AM
Well they showed the new gameplay trailer for the game which involved forest and rampage and announced it is coming out spring 2009
Ben_Hutch
6/21/08 8:25:30AM
Spring 2009.............What a f****** joke.
grappler0000
6/21/08 8:27:54AM
Here's the trailer

Video
hodge
6/21/08 8:29:46AM
dammit i was hoping for a late 2008 release
MMAcca
6/21/08 8:33:36AM
Obviously they're working really hard on it....
ufcboss
6/21/08 8:48:12AM
I think with this game, Dont expect too much and it will be the best game ever.
I love my games but I can see this game giving me everything I want.
Eg, I want to end a fight with 1 blow, Start a round with a flying knee, Fake punches/kicks, you get my drift, There are too many options in a MMA fight and I dont think 8 buttons covers it (And I dont want to use anymore than 6!).
Also THQ are pretty slack with customization, Like one look per fighter no option to change shorts or anything. (Im use their WWE games as reference).

This game will rock, But I hope its better than I think!!

Back to Ninja Gaiden II, Shit its hard!!!
hodge
6/21/08 9:27:52AM
I 100 percent agree with the one punch knockout and i hope when you rock an opponent you can scramble for the TKO. If theres a health meter and the knockout comes when the fighters health is down this game will suck.
Frost_777
6/21/08 10:26:03AM
I hope the screen when you play is the same as it was on the trailer because i don't want to know if Im winning by that because fights are not always like that, i want to be owning a guy and he can one punch me out with 1 min left in the third
bigbubbano23
6/21/08 10:37:18AM
the game looked kind of chopy when they showed the new trailer.
king_katool
6/21/08 10:56:46AM
i cant wait till this comes out it didnt look all that good last night but they still have a year, so im looking forward to it and damn right ill be pre ordering this
Frost_777
6/21/08 11:27:58AM
Gameplay trailers don't usually look the best anyway in my opinion that trailer with rogan and goldy commentating was awesome lol, did this pump anyone else up for griffin vs. Jackson?
durog
6/21/08 11:30:21AM
I really liked what I saw so far on the new trailer, some people said it didn't look as fluid. But there were so many different takedowns, reversals and strikes that I didn't care, I can't wait!
babalu2720
6/21/08 11:35:22AM

Posted by durog

I really liked what I saw so far on the new trailer, some people said it didn't look as fluid. But there were so many different takedowns, reversals and strikes that I didn't care, I can't wait!

That's my only complaint, ti looks a little too robotic for my liking, it'll be hard to capture the flow of an MMA fight, but I was psyched to hear about a large roster, and the online play should be great.
GrandMaster313
6/21/08 1:15:16PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

the game looked kind of chopy when they showed the new trailer.

but that could very well change since it wont be out till 2009. i kind of want them to push it back some more, that would tell me they are not trying to rush the title. Another thing , you should be able to update the rosters and download new fighters the way the UFC brings in new fighters and lets others go !
jakeiceman
6/21/08 3:42:23PM
I'm excited as hell, I could care less if the motions are 100% smooth, this should be a sick game and alot of fun. Either way it will be a huuuuuge improvement over the UFC games in the past.....cant wait!
tylerlee123
6/21/08 4:34:39PM
There will be about 80 characters i guess, so far its Jackson, Liddell, Griffin, Kongo, O'Brien, War Machine, and Ben Saunders, Dana said they got about everybody
tylerlee123
6/21/08 4:38:41PM
Man its going to be the best, and thats for sure, but Fight Night Round 4 is suppose to have Tyson , uh oh
RMFG_187
6/21/08 5:24:23PM
i just want to know if the fights will mostly all be 1 round fights like the other UFC game, or will it be like fightnight, where the fight can go the distance. and also, will Randy be in the game? how bout Royce? and other UFC iconic Legends that have parted ways with UFC.
AchillesHeel
6/22/08 11:29:53AM

Posted by RMFG_187

i just want to know if the fights will mostly all be 1 round fights like the other UFC game, or will it be like fightnight, where the fight can go the distance.

The trailer shows Juanito talking to Rampage between rounds.

Incidentally, I'm glad that the game includes Juanito, Mario, and the cut guy (can't remember his name), and not just generic referees and personnel. I wonder if Rogan will ask the winners to "talk us through the replay"?