Ufc game hope

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Ufc game hope
Next Page »
mrliquid
9/23/07 10:58:44AM
What do you guys want to see in the new game that lacked in the last ones?Some things I wanna see is a good create a fighter not just visually good but gameplay and move set I still play sudden impact for ps2 but the way you learned skill points and moves was lame and the submissions were unrealistic they didnt give you much chance to escape you pretty much lost instantly if caught in a submission so what are your guys hopes?
tepid55
9/23/07 12:15:37PM
I would like to have a mode where you could recreate classic UFC fights.
mrliquid
9/23/07 12:22:17PM
Yea that would be a good mode kinda like the classic mode in fight night round 3 i wouldnt mind seeing a pc match of shamrock and gracie or severn and gracie
mrsmiley
9/23/07 1:04:27PM
Things I want to see in the next UFC game

A great create a fighter mode.
I want to se an TUF mode.It plays like a season mode.
I also want the option to choose a fight camp.Each fight camp gives additional stats to your created fighter.I also think it would be cool if you could create your own fight camp online or join an exsisting one and start rivalries with other fight camps.

I also want to see realism!!!!!
You character needs a stamina bar.The lower your stamina gets in a fight,the less damage you inflict with your punches and kicks.It also becomes more difficult to take your opponent down.

Lets talk about damage you inflict on your opponent and what he inflicts on you.
Lets say in a match you continualy land punches on your opponent.While you are inflicting damage on your opponent,their's also a risk you could sprang or break your wrist.If your stamina bar runs empty and your opponent connects big your character is sent to the mat.However,if your life bar still has some juice left your fighter is still in the game.

If you take too much damage,the A.I in the game should be intelligent enough to throw in the towel.

That's a few things I can think of.
mrliquid
9/23/07 2:50:13PM
Yea i just hope the fighting genre is more realistic and some good submissions maybe like a time limit for each submission where if u dont escape it by that time u tap like ina rear naked choke 15 20 seconds
Naturaldisaster
9/24/07 8:48:07AM
I hope you get to pick a fight camp and have actually training sessions and stuff with fighters from that camp.
Boo_Radley21
9/24/07 9:59:29AM
I want to see a title fights option in regular matches (not season) so that you can make the characters fight it can be for a belt and they always come out witht he belt on.
DevonFoxy
9/24/07 12:40:43PM
i just want one thing.....JOE LAUZON!!!!!!!!!

mrliquid
9/24/07 1:10:18PM
I hope they have some fighters like joe on there it would also be cool if you could update current fighters skills like choose liddell in career mode and train him into being a submissions fighter.Lets just hope they dont make us wait yrs before the release and keep pushing the date back.
Ultimate_fighter
9/24/07 1:18:14PM
I think u should get a option to tap, if u want to go to sleep, do so, but if u want to get out of an armbar u can not tap and risk ur arm being broke and not fight for a while.
mrliquid
9/24/07 1:27:24PM
and a clinch move where u grab em and you can either throw knees to the body and head or maybe an elbow
Lay_N_Pray
9/24/07 2:06:32PM
With the prices of games going at $60 a pop now of days, I expect a lot and I think rightfully so.

Career Mode is number one
You should be able to create a fighter and start like in the WEC or something and fight your way up. But they should also have full fight cards, not just your fight. So lets say I am scheduled to fight Alvin Robinson on the undercard of a UFC PPV. I think i should be able to see, or at least see results of a full comp simulated card including title fights, so there are title changes going on and not the same champion for 10 years like some games have had in the past.

Also you should be able to choose different training camps and each one can help your stats in one category but maybe not another. So you have to decide what is important for you. Maybe after you become a title contender type fighter you could have the option to open your own gym, so when you retire it can be like a GM mode in sports games, where you get to train and sign fighters to your camp or something.

You should also be able to choose sponsors and try to get the best possible contract for your fighter.

I think all those things will help bring a realistic presentation to the game...The gameplay is a MAJOR issue to, but it is to in depth to get into, so hopefully they do it right. This game is the reason I got a PS3 so I hope its good.
mrliquid
9/24/07 2:13:46PM
I also have a ps3 but I got it for more than just the ufc game I hope they have a nice online mode also so I can get the chance to go up against some of you jokers.
Djbb
9/24/07 4:05:35PM
THQ is making it (the same people who made all the WWE Smackdown games) so I have high hopes for it. I'm not entirely sure how the control scheme is going to work because I see alot of button mashing with GnP and submissions, knowing THQ. But on the other hand I know the graphics are going to be state-of-the-art and the selection of fighters will be enormous.
Boo_Radley21
9/24/07 4:10:12PM
Its the main reason I got an Xbox 360
Djbb
9/24/07 4:17:47PM
Really, I hope for the control scheme to work something like a cross between Fight Night Round 3 and the grappling system in that old N64 game WWF No Mercy. Push the analog stick in certain direction does a certain punch, tapping the A button does a grapple, pressing and holding the A buton will shoot for a takedown, from there you can GnP or try for a submission.
BigEvil
9/24/07 4:42:59PM
Some of you have already said it but REALISM! I know for a game like this it's really hard to do, but it would be awesome... in a way fight nights engine is better for mma then boxing. when is the last time you've seen a boxing match with as much action as Fight Night round 3?
mrliquid
9/24/07 7:02:35PM
I think those are some nice ideas I just wanna create a fighter and pound brandon veras face for 2 1/2 rounds than triangle chocke him till he taps
Boo_Radley21
9/24/07 7:05:35PM

Posted by BigEvil

Some of you have already said it but REALISM! I know for a game like this it's really hard to do, but it would be awesome... in a way fight nights engine is better for mma then boxing. when is the last time you've seen a boxing match with as much action as Fight Night round 3?

I agree that it should be more realistic than the last games, but about Fight Night's engine, if it were too much like real boxing i think it would be a lot less fun.
mrliquid
9/24/07 7:08:17PM
he probably means the total punch control in fight night round 3 I think that control would be cool for like leg kicks and head kick but some things they have to make basic button combos.
Djbb
9/24/07 7:23:44PM
How about this for controls:

Left analog stick = Moving around the octagon

Right analog stick = Jabs uppercuts hooks all depending on which direction you flick the stick, plus the Total Punch Control scheme like in Fight Night Round 3. For those that never played FNR3, if you SLOOWWLY moved the stick in one direction and then quickly snapped it another direction it would basically do a KO punch.

Pressing R1 trigger + Right analog stick = Leg kicks, head kicks, torso kicks plus Total Kick Control, same as total punch control cept with kicks.

Tapping the A buton = Grapple your opponent, while in grapple you can either clinch them or try to hit them with body shots

Pressing and holding the A buton = Shoot for a takedown, if you miss you might get soccer kicked or put in a guillotine or something

R2 trigger + right analog stick direction = Block punches and kicks to parts of your body. Like if you press R2 and move stick UP you block your head, press R2 and move stick DOWN you block your body

L2 trigger + Left analog stick = Leaning and ducking
hathcock32
9/24/07 7:49:23PM
They have a preview of the game...have you guys seen it??

heres the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qgDggJi4s-I
mrliquid
9/24/07 8:38:35PM
wow from the looks of it the collision specs look pretty real I hope it comes out at the release looking like that im very excited thank's for the preview bro.
mrliquid
9/24/07 8:50:12PM
I think it would be cool if they also had during rounds a corner mode where u can try an close cuts and ice down welts like is FNR3.
Naturaldisaster
9/25/07 3:17:12AM
I want to the game to be really realistic. like I want to be able to watch the other fights and see a fighters weekness. and if a fighter gets dominated in the ground game (that fighter), would have to work alot on that and improve. I don't want to see the fighter have the same weakness every fight. and there should be injuries (that might occur) during training. and if you don't train cardio enough then you gas in your fight. and since its comin out on xbox 360 I hope you can use the music you put on your xbox as the fighters entrance songs. OH I DEFINITILY WANT TO SEE ENTRANCES AND HOW THE FIGHTERS REACT WITH THE CROWD.
and don't fight in the same arena everytime. go to different arenas each pay per view.
YEAH I know I HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR THIS GAME!
NatedawgThaM
9/25/07 3:34:16AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Things I want to see in the next UFC game

A great create a fighter mode.
I want to se an TUF mode.It plays like a season mode.
I also want the option to choose a fight camp.Each fight camp gives additional stats to your created fighter.I also think it would be cool if you could create your own fight camp online or join an exsisting one and start rivalries with other fight camps.

I also want to see realism!!!!!
You character needs a stamina bar.The lower your stamina gets in a fight,the less damage you inflict with your punches and kicks.It also becomes more difficult to take your opponent down.

Lets talk about damage you inflict on your opponent and what he inflicts on you.
Lets say in a match you continualy land punches on your opponent.While you are inflicting damage on your opponent,their's also a risk you could sprang or break your wrist.If your stamina bar runs empty and your opponent connects big your character is sent to the mat.However,if your life bar still has some juice left your fighter is still in the game.

If you take too much damage,the A.I in the game should be intelligent enough to throw in the towel.

That's a few things I can think of.

Basically what he just said and Fedor
BigEvil
9/25/07 9:36:49AM

Posted by hathcock32

They have a preview of the game...have you guys seen it??

heres the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qgDggJi4s-I

I just wanted to point out that the video is not the game. It is what the developers would like the game to be, but at this point its just a CGI rendition. It does look extremely cool though
mrliquid
9/25/07 10:06:52AM
Yea but with the xbox 360 and the ps3 graphic capabilities it should look pretty on if they put the time in.
tepid55
9/25/07 1:55:48PM
I would like to see more realistic fighting controls.
thepunisher
9/25/07 3:10:05PM
I would like it to be out this week and be free
Pages: [1] 2