With Gamburyan Out, Mendes Calls Out Lamas – Lamas Declines

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » With Gamburyan Out, Mendes Calls Out Lamas – Lamas Declines
Rabi
2/10/13 12:30:07PM
With news that Manny Gamburyan was forced to pull out of his schedule bout with Chad Mendes, the former featherweight title challenger quickly took to twitter to call out Ricardo Lamas, who has been vocal about wanting a title bid of his own.

Here it is:

LINK
DrivenDavies15
2/10/13 1:53:29PM
After reading the title I thought Lamas was just waiting for a title shot so I was surprised because this would be a great fight.
However he has a fight in May... TKZ maybe?
airkerma
2/10/13 2:53:25PM
Lame-as that the fight isn't happening, but Lamas vs KZ would be anything but Lame....as
Lungsofsteel
2/10/13 3:25:13PM
lamas wants to duck people......then he can prove he deserves a title shot again
Travesty145
2/10/13 3:26:11PM
mendes vs edgar???
Lungsofsteel
2/10/13 3:33:04PM

Posted by Travesty145

mendes vs edgar???

That has a good ring to it.
prozacnation1978
2/10/13 3:47:33PM
Im fighting in May
What a cop out and a duck
He could fight in two weeks and fight again in may if he wants

It's obvious he is faces zombie next.

I think mendes will probably face nik Lentz
Someone will want to step up and face a high ranked opponent now that Ufc rankings are in effect
Poor_Franklin
2/10/13 3:50:03PM
i dont think he's ducking at all. he even tweeted that the May bout was already agreed upon & it just hasnt been announced yet.

Mendes isnt the kind of guy you take on short notice.
OnyxShadow
2/10/13 4:36:38PM
Mendes is basically the perfect counter to Lamas. He's a better wrestler, and he's got heavy hands. Lamas is good, but Mendes would be a 2:1 favorite or better.

Hell, the only guys at FW that I think Mendes can't beat are Aldo and maybe Edgar.
tcunningham
2/10/13 4:42:09PM
i dont see how anybody can say lamas is ducking. if you read the tweet it sounds legit. and nobody knows if he actually has a fight booked for may or not. i would probably pick mendes over lamas though.
Bubbles
2/10/13 6:06:48PM
where's Nam Phan when you need him?
UFC_Fanatic
2/10/13 9:45:29PM

Posted by Bubbles

where's Nam Phan when you need him?

Probably still licking his wounds from the beating he suffered at the hands of Siver.
Budgellism
2/10/13 9:59:23PM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

lamas wants to duck people......then he can prove he deserves a title shot again

How can you say he's ducking?

1. Mendes is asking him to take a fight with him on very short notice. Mendes is a guy you should have a full training camp for. Especially when Mendes has already had a full training camp...

2. Lamas already has a fight booked that hasn't been announced yet. Probably a fight with The Korean Zombie, which is a higher profile bout at this point.
Budgellism
2/10/13 10:09:31PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Im fighting in May
What a cop out and a duck
He could fight in two weeks and fight again in may if he wants

That's ridiculous man... You're not only asking the guy to fight three times in 5 months (All against top competition) but you're asking him to take a fight with a top 3 guy who has had a full training camp on 2 weeks notice. Also, you don't have a clue if he's actually got a fight lined up or not.

If anything, I think it's a little unfair for Mendes to call Lamas out like he did.
Travesty145
2/10/13 10:35:07PM
ill fight mendes on short notice. somebody show this to the ufc
Theoutlaw08
2/11/13 10:09:34AM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

How is he ducking???? He just got done with a fight, it would be stupid for him to jump into a fight like this on short notice, especially against a guy like Mendes. Professionally a smart decision by Llamas.
Poor_Franklin
2/11/13 3:30:27PM
Mendes is off of the card. Hope he gets on another one soon.