Gamburan Ready for Garcia; Eyeing Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gamburan Ready for Garcia; Eyeing Title Shot
Sinister
9/27/09 7:54:40AM
"Manny Gamburyan had success as a lightweight fighter, making it to the finals of The Ultimate Fighter 5, but dropping to the featherweight division and jumping for the Ultimate Fighting Championship to World Extreme Cagefighting was a move he knew he was going to have to make."

LINK
scobac
9/27/09 12:01:24PM
im excited for this fight, I want to see if Manny is going to live up to the hype that was around him on TUF 5. I thought he was going to have the most success coming off the show but has been left in the dust by guys like diaz and maynard.
xdanish020
9/27/09 12:42:16PM
Eyeing a title shot after one win at 145, sounds like Manny!
gartface
9/27/09 12:45:26PM

Posted by xdanish020

The division isn't exactly as deep as the 155 class...
xdanish020
9/27/09 1:01:48PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by xdanish020

It's deeper in the WEC actually.

There are so many FW's that are in front of him...
UFCmma666
9/27/09 1:31:25PM

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by gartface

Posted by xdanish020

but its not like mannys some upcoming inexperienced fighter im personally excited to see how manny does at this weight
scobac
9/27/09 1:46:53PM

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by gartface

Posted by xdanish020

I agree that there are more deserving FW's in front of him but if he knocks off a guy in garcia who was recently the #1 contender for the belt I think it puts him within 1 fight of the number 1 contender spot. I think Faber should fight Grispi or Fabiano next and if he wins and manny win they should fight for the #1 contender spot to face Brown or Aldo.
xdanish020
9/27/09 7:54:44PM

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by gartface

Posted by xdanish020

but its not like mannys some upcoming inexperienced fighter im personally excited to see how manny does at this weight

I don't really think it matters what his name is, he has to win fights to get a shot. His name isn't Brock Lesnar and people complained about him getting a shot after Mir and Herring.

He still needs to get by Garcia in November first, which he definitely could if he plays it safe and wins by decision. However, there are still other featherweights such as Grispi, Faber, Fabiano even Assuncao is ahead of him.
jae_1833
9/28/09 1:09:09AM
I don't know, I don't see him beating Garcia....Garcia has better boxing and great wrestling.
george112
9/28/09 1:13:25AM

Posted by jae_1833

I don't know, I don't see him beating Garcia....Garcia has better boxing and great wrestling.

emfleek
9/28/09 8:20:54AM
Aren't *all* fighters eyeing a title shot?

I can't rag on the guy for wanting a shot. It's natural for any competitor to believe they have a shot at being champ.