Gabe Ruediger Promised Another UFC Fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gabe Ruediger Promised Another UFC Fight
DCRage
9/2/10 8:15:24AM
Despite a less-than-impressive return to the organization, Gabe Ruediger will get another fight in the UFC. Ruediger, who failed to make weight and then flamed out of "The Ultimate Fighter 5" cast back in 2007, posted a six-fight win streak to earn his way back into the UFC. But this past weekend as a replacement for injured Terry Etim, Ruediger suffered a one-sided beatdown and eventual submission loss to Joe Lauzon at UFC 118. Although some fighters have been cut after one such lackluster performance, Ruediger apparently will be rewarded for taking the matchup on short notice. UFC matchmaker Joe Silva has promised him another fight on an upcoming card, though the lightweight fighter will have to heal from "four staples in my head and some bruising" that resulted from the UFC 118 fight. "I spoke with Joe Silva from the UFC, and he told me I would have at least one more chance and next time I would have the proper time to prepare," he wrote. "For that I am happy, but I still cant believe how bad that fight was for me."

Article
emfleek
9/2/10 8:41:26AM
"Just...one more...fight, Joe. ONE....MORE."
prozacnation1978
9/2/10 10:15:10AM
With the butt kicking he got
He deserves another shot
J lau raped him!!!
Twenty20Dollars
9/2/10 12:10:14PM
But who are they going to give him, a UFC vet to possibly take him out of the UFC or try to keep him in by throwing a UFC newcomer at him.
DANZANRYUGUY
9/2/10 1:41:24PM
Good......We get to see him get whooped on yet again.
CCPRIDE99
9/2/10 3:31:03PM
ill fight gabe ruediger...
tmas
9/3/10 3:51:03AM
hope he wins and sticks around i liked him on the show despite the failed wight cut.

and good story Dana said he would never fight in the UFC again, he did, and if he wins next fight and another he could stick around and become a cool story.
gartface
9/3/10 12:11:59PM

Posted by tmas

hope he wins and sticks around i liked him on the show despite the failed wight cut.

and good story Dana said he would never fight in the UFC again, he did, and if he wins next fight and another he could stick around and become a cool story.

It's starting to get tiresome hearing everyone bash the guy. He took a fight on short notice with Joe Lauzon, who is by no stretch of the imagination, anywhere near a slouch. Give him a break and a full training camp.
Cdellorso
9/3/10 1:55:18PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by tmas

It's starting to get tiresome hearing everyone bash the guy. He took a fight on short notice with Joe Lauzon, who is by no stretch of the imagination, anywhere near a slouch. Give him a break and a full training camp.

Agreed- he deserves a second second chance...
BustedKnuckle
9/3/10 5:51:35PM
I agree that he should get another shot....but all in the same. Who is he going to fight that he can beat....other than an unknown?