The future's uncertain for Amir Sadollah

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The future's uncertain for Amir Sadollah
Porch28
6/28/08 10:37:33PM
One week after Amir Sadollah secured his position as MMA's best-known 1-0 fighter, the Richmond, Va. resident is still adjusting to life in the UFC.

LINK
quezocrema0032
6/28/08 11:28:26PM
amir at 170 would be great for his career it seems like his biggest weakness is wrestling and being a bigger man can sometimes help u balance out ur lack of wrestling ... plus his strkies would be way more devastating id assume rite ?
PaleHorse
6/28/08 11:58:44PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

amir at 170 would be great for his career it seems like his biggest weakness is wrestling and being a bigger man can sometimes help u balance out ur lack of wrestling ... plus his strkies would be way more devastating id assume rite ?

The 170 division is stacked with wrestlers though :-p Koscheck, Fitch, St. Pierre, Hughes. I can't think of nearly as many 185 top notch wrestlers.
Twenty20Dollars
6/28/08 11:59:04PM
wow, uhh i am starting to dislike TUF on picking guys to fight on the show that arent fighting at their regular weight class. so they win the show and drop down. that's such bull crap, you just had a long season to find the next star in that division and the guy moves down. wtf is that.
PaleHorse
6/28/08 11:59:36PM

Posted by Porch28

One week after Amir Sadollah secured his position as MMA's best-known 1-0 fighter, the Richmond, Va. resident is still adjusting to life in the UFC.

LINK

also, MMA's best known fighter WAS Brock Lesnar, now he's 1-1 :-p
clintjack
6/29/08 3:43:52AM
He said he might move to Las Vegas, So maybe he will go to Xtreme Couture that should help his wrestling and take down defense for sure.
Pookie
6/29/08 4:01:08AM

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by quezocrema0032

The 170 division is stacked with wrestlers though :-p Koscheck, Fitch, St. Pierre, Hughes. I can't think of nearly as many 185 top notch wrestlers.

True but most wrestlers at 170 are good because they are ridiculously strong for that weight, if amir retains his same build he'll be able to neutralize some of what makes those wrestlers elite.

A 185 pound above average wrestler (Marquardt) is going to give you the same problems that an elite 170 wrestler will give you (Fitch)

Who do you think would take Amir down quicker? Fitch or Marquardt? My money is on marquardt.
silverbullet
6/29/08 10:29:12AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

you just had a long season to find the next star in that division and the guy moves down. wtf is that.

are you on drugs or something. 70% of tuffers are amateurs to begin with
fedorwins1
6/29/08 11:25:20AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

wow, uhh i am starting to dislike TUF on picking guys to fight on the show that arent fighting at their regular weight class. so they win the show and drop down. that's such bull crap, you just had a long season to find the next star in that division and the guy moves down. wtf is that.

I think this happens a lot, because they don't have a lot of time to cut weight and they don't know when they're gonna fight, so they don't have time to cut like they normally would. You wouldn't want to cut 20 lbs in a few days/a week notice over and over again, it would wear your body out, so they go up a weight class so they don't have to cut that much weight. That's my only guess.
whardin19
6/29/08 12:11:28PM
I have been a fan of Amir since the show started. This guy has a bright future. Obviously he's going to be training with a good camp in Xtreme Couture. I'm not totally sure what division he's going to be fighting in. But if I had to guess, Id say that he'll trop down to 170. The only way I don't see him doing that is if he does a Bisping. Which is he wants to fight the bigger guys to test himself. Then later on he moves down in weight. The one thing I can't wait for is what kind of fighter there going to give him as his first fight after the finale.
The-Don
6/29/08 1:40:16PM
From what I gather.. Amir is a natural 185.. he said he thought he was big for 185 but now he sees he is barely average... He is talking about cutting to get down to the next weight class so he WILL be one of the bigger guys... I think he'll not do well in 185 unless he starts putting on more muscle... but who knows..
dannyfrank
6/29/08 4:31:20PM

Posted by clintjack

He said he might move to Las Vegas, So maybe he will go to Xtreme Couture that should help his wrestling and take down defense for sure.

yeah, if he starts training there it will help him out a ton
Figsak
6/29/08 5:10:42PM

Posted by whardin19
The one thing I can't wait for is what kind of fighter there going to give him as his first fight after the finale.

Whoever they think he will beat. Afterall, it'd make Zuffa look bad to have their new TV star looking like crap.
quezocrema0032
6/29/08 10:49:46PM
but sence seasons 2 they havent always given push overs the winners bisping got shefer in his 1st fite and he gave him a real hard time stevenson got neer and lost ... danzig got bochek ... but yea just saying =)
Ben_Hutch
6/29/08 11:00:18PM
Amir isn't very good IMO, he's only being hyped up from the show. He'll never be a champ in the UFC. CB Dolloway was clearly over-rated from the start, so no matter who beat him, they were always going to look good. No one on this seasons TUF impressed me, (apart from Dan Cramer, he was dominating in the quater final and got caught, the kids only 21 and trains at ATT, that guy could well be a star).