The future of the UFC LHW division.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The future of the UFC LHW division.
POLL: The next LHW champ.
Quinton "Rampage"Jackson 68% (23)
Rashad Evans 15% (5)
Forrest Griffin 9% (3)
Michael Bisping 6% (2)
Keith Jardine 3% (1)
crimethinc
1/26/07 11:55:47PM
With the high level of talent in this division i'm curious to see the consensus as to who the next man holding the belt will be. I've been reading some forum posts and the 5 I listed seem to be the ones with the most buzz. I left out Tito because I don't think, or at least hope not, we will se Tito Vs. Chuck 3 for a title shot with all of the other legitimate contenders right now.
goldenman
1/27/07 12:41:03AM
I think that if Keith Jardine could land some of his low leg kicks early he could give chuck some trouble.
hippysmacker
1/27/07 12:43:54AM
If you mean UFC I'll go with Rashad. Pride Shogun/Lil Nog
titorican
1/27/07 5:04:39AM
Obviously Rampage has a real shot at beating Chuck again. I've been super impressed with Rashad's improvement every time he fights. He's a future superstar without a doubt. Bisping blew me away because Schafer is a very good fighter and The Count tore hin apart. These are my three UFC LHW champs of the very near future.
tffdwg38
1/27/07 11:27:34PM
rashad
nate22
1/28/07 5:01:42AM
Rampage will have trouble beating Chuck again, Chuck has got better and better, I think Rampage has got worse and worse. I genuinley feel he lost against Arona (I made it 8/9 seconds that Rampage was out cold before he recovered) I thought he lost the fight against Lindland, I was quite shocked when they held Rampage's arm up.

Other than that he did not look great against Ninja and he get pwned by both Silva and Rua, so seemingly he has a hard time dealing with these strikers and guys who have something to offer on the ground.

He didn't finish Dong Sik bloody Yoon so how people expect him to beat Chuck right now I have no idea. Nice finish against Yokai (sp) but I still feel he has alot of work to do before he is even ready for the fight with Chuck, he also should be behind at least Rashad, Bisping and even Jardine for a shot in my opinion.
hippysmacker
1/28/07 5:51:44AM

Posted by nate22

Rampage will have trouble beating Chuck again, Chuck has got better and better, I think Rampage has got worse and worse. I genuinley feel he lost against Arona (I made it 8/9 seconds that Rampage was out cold before he recovered) I thought he lost the fight against Lindland, I was quite shocked when they held Rampage's arm up.

Other than that he did not look great against Ninja and he get pwned by both Silva and Rua, so seemingly he has a hard time dealing with these strikers and guys who have something to offer on the ground.

He didn't finish Dong Sik bloody Yoon so how people expect him to beat Chuck right now I have no idea. Nice finish against Yokai (sp) but I still feel he has alot of work to do before he is even ready for the fight with Chuck, he also should be behind at least Rashad, Bisping and even Jardine for a shot in my opinion.

Agreed, except for Bisping. he may have the skill, but he still needs to win a few more fights against top UFC contenders before he's up for a shot. I think Jardine or Rashad should be up next, but I think Rampage will if he retutns to form. The UFC obviously wants it, Chuck wants it ,and they can sell it. Hopefully he'll be the powerhouse he once was before Wandy took his confidence IMO.
pv3Hpv3p
1/28/07 7:21:25AM
rampage is chucks only unatones loss, so I think he will be the first, no matter what happerns they can hype the fight very easily. I really don't think Jardine is ready quite yet... It was an impresive KO against Forrest, but Chuck is obviously a different story.

Even after his HL KO win, I think thtat Rashad needs more time to mature, before he takes on an opponent like Chuck, but he difinitley show potential.

Machida might be a name to look out for in the future, and the divisiion overall looks like it holds a lot of young talent. But noone I see really giving Chuck anything to worry about.

Not to be an hater or anything like that,but I would like to see one or two of the big LHW's come over from Pride... It would make sense for Shogun (since he can't fight Wandy for the title... Both Chutebox) and I would love to see Lil Nog come over too... IMO he would own LHW in the states....

I hope that the UFC starts bringing over some fighters from BTT.... Best team in the bizz if you ask me.
D-Boy
1/28/07 7:34:59AM
Unless Rampage beats Chuck I really can't see him losing this year unless Dana brings in some fighters from other orgs. I don't think Griffin, Rashad or Bisping can beat him right now and I think it would be stupid for the UFC to have them fight him this early on (Remember Quarry - Franklin I don't think it will be a beatdown like that but it would only go one way)
pv3Hpv3p
1/28/07 7:57:06AM

Posted by D-Boy

Unless Rampage beats Chuck I really can't see him losing this year unless Dana brings in some fighters from other orgs. I don't think Griffin, Rashad or Bisping can beat him right now and I think it would be stupid for the UFC to have them fight him this early on (Remember Quarry - Franklin I don't think it will be a beatdown like that but it would only go one way)

If any of those fighters you mentioned stepped into the cage with Chuch, it would very much resemble Quarry/Franklin.... I think they are all good fighers, just not in his league.

There are a ton of good matchups in UFC's LHW division... Unfortunatley, none seem to be against the champ.
madmarck
1/28/07 11:16:14AM
only guy there on chucks level right now is rampage. Altough the other guys could eventually become top tier fighters.
tffdwg38
1/28/07 1:15:22PM
i dont think rampage can beat chuck
the-james
1/28/07 3:15:51PM
I dont think RAmpage wiil beat chuck in the cage but once chuck retires rampage will be the champ
zephead
1/28/07 3:57:03PM
Rampage has the style to beat Chuck again. He blocks punches very well. He just can't stop the knees. He's patient and will make Chuck commit. Will Chcuk fight smart like he did against Horn? Coutre the 2nd and 3rd time and against Tito?

Chuck needs to move and not stay flatfooted. Rampages raw natural strength can prove to be to much for Chuck. Chuck needs to force Rampage to move forward and then play the angles like he did aganst Randy.

Chuck can win this fight but it'll be harder considering he doesn't use kicks, knees or the clinch game which proves to be Rampages downfall.
loller90278
1/29/07 3:19:15PM

hehehe
zephead
1/29/07 3:20:17PM
You got one of Wandy getting a beatdown from Vitor??
loller90278
1/29/07 3:24:27PM
hehe...so quick to reply
i'll try and find one to make you happy
oh wait.. wandy is the best 205 in the world..

/i actually think chuck could beat wandy, but want to argue for the sake of arguing
zephead
1/29/07 4:43:09PM
Don't want to argue at all. I'm just saying if you're gonna show a pick of a fighter getting beat 3 years ago with the caption :Reality ....................... you might want to show a picture of another fighter getting beat year ago. I'm not a nuthugger at all. Yea, Chuck's one of my favorite fighters, but my heart lies with MMA. not a org.

I just had a funny feeling that maybe you're a Wandy and Pride fan.
Schizoidman
7/14/07 11:52:52PM
I can't wait to see Shogun Rua start taking over the UFC. If he's still fighting like he did in PrideFC, I think he's a possibility for holding that belt. I like Dan Henderson and all, but I think Shogun is so much more exciting. With Rampage taking his training much more seriously, there's also a possibility that he won't let go of that belt too soon.