The Future of the Sport Has Arrived

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » The Future of the Sport Has Arrived
DickyGreenleaf
7/4/07 6:11:31PM
God bless the French. They've given us one of the greatest gifts man can give--Cheik Kongo.

Kongo has arguably the best strikes in all of MMA. His knees are vicious, his punches crisp, and his kicks fight-ending. Granted he still needs to perfect his takedown defense and jiu-jitsu, God has graced Kongo with the best genetics of any athlete in any sport. I can't count his abs on two hands.

People laugh at me when I say it, but I'm picking Kongo to upset Cro Cop. Cro Cop has a rough history against explosive fighters that push the pace. Look for Kongo to mow him down with both superior size and technique. Cro Cop is going to learn really fast that he's best suited to the 185lb weight class when Kongo takes his best shots and keeps moving forward. Its going to be a rough night.

Expect Kongo to master his sprawl and take out top contenders such as Gabriel Gonzaga and Andrei Arlovski, as well as be the first man in MMA history to KO a Nogueira. When he fights Randy, he'll use superior angles and footwork to avoid being pressed up against the cage and eventually connect, whereby a devastating KO will end "The Natural's" career. I love Randy Couture, but Kongo is simply the newbreed of MMA fighters.

Better get use to it fellas.

-Dicky
Basshandsome
7/4/07 9:08:27PM
I agree that he is a great stand up fighter. Although i don't think his stand up skills are on the same level as Cro Cop. Also he has ZERO takedown defence and no ground skills and cant defend leg kicks. So until he shows that he is more well rounded I think it is very early to make predictions like that.
LightsOut33093
7/4/07 10:17:51PM
DickyGreenleaf........u r truly a genious...pause...NOT!!! i laff at ur ridicilous remarks, he gets a majority deciois from assuerio silva............but he can obviously destroy cro cop, randy, nogeria, and fedor

he has lost 3 fights so far 2 figghters who are 10 tiers below cro cop
ExMilkman
7/5/07 12:00:18AM
Mirko couldn't fight @ 185.
Ydoc
7/5/07 12:09:51AM
Yeah... Mirko's legs are way too huge for 185.

Haven't seen anything too special from Donkey Kong yet... maybe if he learns some sprawl and grappling we can see some better fights out of him, otherwise I wouldn't get my hopes up.
TOMMYAYO05
7/5/07 4:01:02AM
Kongo is a heavy Crocop doesnt need to go down.I do agree Kongo will take this fight.
Aether
7/5/07 4:46:21AM
uhhhhhhhhhhh..... he's saying that cheick kongo is going to beat crocop and that crocop should be fighting at 185, no one said that crocop had to drop to 185 to fight him.
zephead
7/5/07 8:49:54AM
Forget 205, Mirko is going to drop 40 punds and fight at 185.

I think Cro Cop is going to be to quick for Kongo. Watching Kongo his punches and kicks are, although accurate, they seem to be slow and telegraphed.
SilvioDante
7/5/07 12:03:43PM
I see the crocop/kongo fight being closer than some think. Kongo's Muy Thai background has given him magnifcent striking ability,on the same level as cro cop imo. His TD defence leaves a lot to be desired but he has never been subbed. And Cro Cop is no Jiu Jitsu master.
This is going to be close but maybe cro cop will prove too experienced
troy_steel
7/5/07 12:23:42PM
Well, technically he won't be the first one to KO a Nogueira, as Antonio Rogerio Nogueira was Ko'd by Sokoudjou, but I know what you mean. On another note, Kongo has no chance of beating big nog let alone knocking him out...
Taylor8766
7/5/07 2:26:49PM
I thinks that kongo is going to mop the floor with cro cop.
Young_Knuck
7/5/07 3:05:11PM
No way!

I've seen Kongo's fights and this dude is no where near the level of Mirko.

He's gonna get his ass kicked by that Croatian B/A
Scott_Revels
7/6/07 6:48:05AM

Posted by DickyGreenleaf

I love Randy Couture, but Kongo is simply the newbreed of MMA fighters.

-Dicky

If Kongo is the "New Breed" of MMA Fighters, then i'm just going to stop watching now, because if all the new guys are talentless guys like Kongo i'd only be wasting my precious life away. Kongo would get submitted by anyone who earned a purple belt or better in any School of Submission Style. I nicknamed Kongo "rag doll", because he kept getting thrown around, and taken down. So if Kongo is the future, then the future is bleak, black, and well, shitty. It's things like that, that make a person suidcidal, because that future is just not something anyone I know would be willing to be alive for. I'd be surprised if Cheick makes it past the first minute of the First Round. Of course, he could always run away like Eddie Sanchez did! Though it won't help Kongo get past the First Round! Lol..
SilvioDante
7/6/07 9:05:26AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

If Kongo is the "New Breed" of MMA Fighters, then i'm just going to stop watching now, because if all the new guys are talentless guys like Kongo i'd only be wasting my precious life away. Kongo would get submitted by anyone who earned a purple belt or better in any School of Submission Style.

He's certainly not "talentless". He has great strikes and he has never been subbed. I don't think he'll beat mirko but to say he's talentless is way off, he just needs to improve some areas of his game.