a Future P4P king....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » a Future P4P king....
StriderXero
1/7/09 12:04:31AM
I was thinking to myself. There is one guy that really stood out there for me that has alot of potential.

Gegard Mousasi

Some of you guys might laugh but I see the guy pretty well rounded. He kind of reminds me of Shogun when he was running through people from Pride. The guy is only 23 and he is a Champ in a major org.

Maybe he wont be the top p4p fighter but I think he'll atleast make the top 10 one day.

War Mousasi!!
cmill21
1/7/09 2:19:28AM

Posted by StriderXero

I was thinking to myself. There is one guy that really stood out there for me that has alot of potential.

Gegard Mousasi

Some of you guys might laugh but I see the guy pretty well rounded. He kind of reminds me of Shogun when he was running through people from Pride. The guy is only 23 and he is a Champ in a major org.

Maybe he wont be the top p4p fighter but I think he'll atleast make the top 10 one day.

War Mousasi!!

Should be in the top 10 no IMO.
cowcatcher
1/7/09 8:16:47AM
i think hes on the brink of top 10 p4p right now, and ill agree with the shogun comparison, hes similar. i think the kid is a stud and i really hope we get to see him come stateside at some point to test himself against the best in the world, i think he can give any 185er a run for their money, he might be the best guy out there to beat anderson, just not quite yet.
DCRage
1/7/09 8:49:10AM
Close to top 10 P4P, should be at least a Top 5 MW. I'd probably put him at #2 or #3 at MW.
Hendo67
1/7/09 1:38:21PM
Gegard Mousasi is a guy i can see being in the top 5/7 very soon, i think we will see fighters like Goran Reljic crack this list next year, possibly? i love him so much, it may be a bit of bias.
I just think he has so much potential to be a great force.
Wolfenstein
1/7/09 3:01:30PM
He's n the cusp for sure. I think he's legit #2MW right now and probably in the top fifteen. Hopefully he sticks with MMA as he's beginning to talk about boxing ala Andrei Arlovski. I doubt we'll ever be in the UFC as I think he is in with the Fedor management team, but now isn't excatly the worst time to be a free agent MW as there are many top MW's floating around in various organizations.
bls1919
1/7/09 7:15:28PM
Let Lyoto Machida gain his belt and he will rise to the cream of the crop in the P4P rankings.
pv3Hpv3p
1/8/09 1:51:22PM

Posted by bls1919

Let Lyoto Machida gain his belt and he will rise to the cream of the crop in the P4P rankings.

I used to think the same thing, but have to admit that Rashad has changed my mind on this... I used to hate the guy (Evans) but he has completely converted me into a fan... And it's really scary when you look at his skillset... Serious power... Assorted and technical striking... Awesome wrestling... Good cardio... Sub defense... Rediculous chin

I guess I'm not sure how his jits is, as he hasn't really had to use it often and usually dominates top position with out getting into any tricky situations... I haven't really been able to find a chink in his armor as of yet... Solid all around and seems to rise to the level of his competition... Can't wait to see this fight though

EDIT: Sorry didn't mean to highjack the thread... Moose is a beast... At only 23 his possibilities are endless... I'm hoping to see a fight between him and Santiago... Misaki... Lawler... And maybe even Shamrock or Le... Then come over to the UFC... That kid's got some serious potential, but I haven't put him into my top 10 #4# yet... Another big win and it'll be hard to justify him not being on the list
coldchillin
1/8/09 2:01:46PM
Mousasi has been real impressive as of late... I would like to see him fight in Affliction, possibly against the winner of Belfort-Lindland.
Pookie
1/8/09 2:47:44PM
He matches up well with most fighters in the top ten;
good reach, accuracy and power in his hands, active & explosive on his back(lol innuendo was not intentional), and at 23 he has teh ability to learn more, if he manages to get a better sprawl going he'll have alot of tools to work with and cause nightmares for a few people.
Not ready for anderson silva though.

Id like to see him fight a big wrestler and see how he copes with that stylistic match-up.