What does the future hold for MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » What does the future hold for MMA?
Bowen50
8/21/08 7:28:18PM
Modern mixed martial arts is not quite 15 years old, so it’s still a relatively young sport in terms of its development.

That may seem like a long time to someone who fits into the sport’s leading demographic age of 18-34, so it requires a little perspective to understand that MMA is really still in its infancy.

Fifteen years after the 1920 founding of the NFL, the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins were each less than three years old. The Chicago Bears’ Bronko Nagurski was the sport’s biggest star and Vince Lombardi was still a college student, more two decades before he became Green Bay Packers coach.

The game has changed dramatically in the 74 years since.

Link
grappler0000
8/21/08 7:46:34PM

St. Pierre has black belts in both karate and jiu-jitsu, is a good enough wrestler that he was considering trying out for the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and has become a dangerous striker.

Did I miss something? I'm not recalling GSP getting his black belt in JJ.
Bowen50
8/21/08 7:49:26PM
yeah me neither. he's still a brown belt i'm pretty sure
owen1
8/21/08 8:06:37PM

Posted by grappler0000

St. Pierre has black belts in both karate and jiu-jitsu, is a good enough wrestler that he was considering trying out for the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and has become a dangerous striker.

I heard he is a brown belt and was offered a black belt but rejected it bcoz he feels he has alot more to learn.(just what I heard don't know wheter its true though)
jocka
8/21/08 8:21:44PM

Posted by owen1

Posted by grappler0000

I heard he is a brown belt and was offered a black belt but rejected it bcoz he feels he has alot more to learn.(just what I heard don't know wheter its true though)

he has a brown belt and i heard the same thing that he refused a black belt but i can t remember either where i heard that. One thing is for sure he has a brown belt
aaa9erh8er
8/22/08 12:35:41AM
ya he has a brown belt but he can submitt 99% or his div as far as the evolution of the sport goes i thought that part was interesting the foot ball reference good read