future fight between UFC champ Anderson Silva and WEC champ Paulo Filho possible

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » future fight between UFC champ Anderson Silva and WEC champ Paulo Filho possible
ufc88
8/28/08 4:40:14AM
Khaos
8/28/08 6:46:25AM
If the fight were to happen, Anderson would finish Paulo "Over Rated"(IMO) Filho in round 1.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/28/08 8:51:53AM
won't happen cause Sonnen is going to win and I'd rather see Silva/Sonnen fight
FantasyFighter
8/28/08 9:45:12AM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA
won't happen cause Sonnen is going to win and I'd rather see Silva/Sonnen fight

Problem with your statement is that 1.) Beating Paulo is not guaranteed and 2.) Sonnen as a fighter, his skillset is alot like Hendo's except he's not quite as good as Dan. And if Dan cant do it, I dont think Chael can either.

Sorry to disappoint you.
prozacnation1978
8/28/08 10:21:58AM
to me silva has two more matches ahead of him
one with okami and the other with fihlo
i would hope filho would get the next match against him
but i do see silva knocking him out
DiabloFreak56
8/28/08 11:19:32AM
fihlo is overrated and i think i much much rather see anderson fight Cung Le??

anyone agree?
Kracker_Jap
8/28/08 11:23:20AM

Posted by DiabloFreak56

fihlo is overrated and i think i much much rather see anderson fight Cung Le??

anyone agree?

I would love to see that fight, Anderson would win he always does
KYGUY07
8/28/08 1:59:28PM
really think the only man that has a good chance of taking that title from silva is cung le. but you never kow what could happen cote could catch him with what he calls his lucky punch lol.
kaduey
8/28/08 2:16:17PM

Posted by KYGUY07

really think the only man that has a good chance of taking that title from silva is cung le. but you never kow what could happen cote could catch him with what he calls his lucky punch lol.

Did you see Cung wince like a little girl when he got tagged by Shamrock in the 2nd round? I think Anderson would walk through him. But at the same time I would much rather see Cung Le vs. Silva over Filho laying and praying against Silva.
PaleHorse
8/28/08 2:28:44PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by KYGUY07

Did you see Cung wince like a little girl when he got tagged by Shamrock in the 2nd round? I think Anderson would walk through him. But at the same time I would much rather see Cung Le vs. Silva over Filho laying and praying against Silva.

This fight won't happen. Silva refuses to fight Filho, just like Silva wants Lyoto Machida to take the LHW belt and won't fight Lyoto either, they all train together, and Anderson sees plenty of fights out there that he wants.
Naturaldisaster
8/28/08 3:04:31PM
filho wouldnt last 3 minutes with anderson
KYGUY07
8/28/08 3:49:37PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by KYGUY07

oh man i cant believe he winced that for sure means he would have no chance against Silva.
Wolfenstein
8/28/08 4:56:30PM
Goran Reljic looks like he could be a contender as well. Although I'll probably reserve judgement until I see a little more of him. If he beats Thales Leites though it could streamline him towards a title shot.

Filho of Japan looked like he could have taken Anderson down and make a good fight of it, but Filho of the US has looked very lethargic. If we see the old Filho then I would really like to see that fight.

I would also love to see Cung Le fight Silva.
JimiMak
8/28/08 9:49:16PM
I hope they combine the divisions. It's not a deep enough div (even worldwide) for one company to split the good guys in it.