future champs of 09\10 ...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » future champs of 09\10 ...
keith-hackney1
2/23/09 5:40:34PM
sherdog predictions ...

Interesting... Randy couture to hold the heavyweight belt yet again.. Questionable. Brock is a monster and mir is a huge gamer. Of course i don't think crocop or noguiera can be counted out just yet.

Also rampage ?? .. Has anyone on that site heard of Lyoto Machida yet ?? Thats my pick certainly for this year at least !!

What do you guys think ...
Twenty20Dollars
2/23/09 5:55:00PM
LW:Diego
WW:Alves
MW:Hendo
LHW:Rampage
HW:Lesnar

This is hard to do because there are so many variables in these. But that is just my rough guess.
EvenFlow
2/23/09 6:10:31PM
LW: BJ (Alt. Sherk)
WW: Alves (Alt. GSP)
MW: Anderson or Maia (Alt. Vitor)
LH: Machida or Rampage (Alt. Shogun)
HW: Gonzaga or Fedor ..when he gets there
postman
2/23/09 6:18:36PM
LW Bj if he Retires Sherk
WW GSP
MW Anderson
LHW Machida
HW Mir his hands look great and going to the Mat with him is a mistake.
haggiswashere
2/23/09 6:25:13PM
LW Florian
WW Alves
MW Maia
LHW Jackson
HW Mir or Couture
prozacnation1978
2/23/09 10:10:51PM
by end of the year i think it will look like this

lw penn
ww alves
mw silva still
lhw rampage
heavy cain velasquez
gartface
2/24/09 12:12:54AM
LW: BJ Penn
WW: Georges St. Pierre
MW: Nate Marquardt
LHW: Lyoto Machida
HW: Brock Lesnar
tmas
2/24/09 9:14:54AM
that is some of the worst picks i have seen......

LW: Penn (Sanchez if they fight this year)
WW: Alves
MW: Leites.....okay SILVA!!
LHW: This one is eeeaaassssy.....RASHAD!
HW: Brock
State_Champ
2/24/09 9:43:09AM
I pretty much agreed with the Sherdog article.
IMO: LW- Sherk
WW- GSP
MW- A. Silva
LHW- Machida
HW-??Lesnar??
jocka
2/24/09 10:47:57AM
LW = Florian
WW = GSP
MW = Anderson or Marquardt
LHW = Machida
HW = Frank Mur
keith-hackney1
2/24/09 11:49:06AM
HW: Mir looked awesome in his last performance. Though i do feel gonzaga with a win over carson will proppell his status right up in the top 5 end, i see him holding that title very soon. If i was picking an outsider to wear the UFC hw crown by the end of the year, i would have to say crocop or Couture. Though i do believe couture's legacy is set in stone now, he can't beat anymore of these top hw's whilst persuing a movie career at the same time.

LHW: Lyoto Machida, thats all i am saying ... !!!!

MW: Probably Silva. If he defends against theiles, which he most definately will, i dont see mardquart beating silva in a rematch, and Hendo has had his time. Bisping is something for the future, his time is not just yet. An outsider pick would have to be damien maia. But my pick overall is silva.

WW: GSP .. He will beat alves, then he will dominate there after for at least another two years. GSP is the ultimate work horse, if he thinks he cant beat you, he and his team will go away, train and find a way. Dont see GSP getting pushed off the spot for a long time.

LW: Diego sanchez ... He will be great at this weight class. Although he didnt dominate stevenson, he was so quick and light on the feet, like a bisping cut down from LHW, his change in weight class was the right move. Having already beating florian, i think these two will meet this summer for a second time, only this time, 2 weight classes down at lw. I see sanchez taking it, then fighting bj for the title at the end of the year. I cannot see bj over powering sanchez, Same if he was to fight sherk before florian, i dont see sherks powerful wrestling over powering diego's style.
Diego vs penn - diego takes it via unan decision.

tmas
2/24/09 11:58:18AM
I changed mine.

lw: Zack Price
WW:GSP
MW:silva
LH:Machida
HW: Mir (due to a flying leg scissor into a heel hook)
higdon10
2/24/09 4:35:31PM
LW- Penn
WW- GSP
MW- Marquardt
LHW- Evans
HW- Mir
chickmagnet
2/24/09 6:13:19PM
LW - Penn
WW - Alves
MW - Marquardt
LHW - Machida
HW - Lesnar(unless fedor signs)
Boo_Radley21
2/24/09 10:20:27PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

sherdog predictions ...

Interesting... Randy couture to hold the heavyweight belt yet again.. Questionable. Brock is a monster and mir is a huge gamer. Of course i don't think crocop or noguiera can be counted out just yet.

Also rampage ?? .. Has anyone on that site heard of Lyoto Machida yet ?? Thats my pick certainly for this year at least !!

What do you guys think ...

Haha all of the picks on that were the same as the ones I made in the other future champions thread except I picked Henderson at MW.
ravanunen
2/24/09 11:41:01PM
LW: Florian- Penn is an awesome fighter, but he is arrogant too. He will take the bout with Ken lightly, and will cost him his belt. (Unless Penn postpones his title shot and Ken opts to rematch Sanchez while he waits)

WW: GSP- He dismantled Fitch, and I regard Fitch as the number WW, so I could potentially see Alves size playing a factor in his title shot, but I do not believe it will be enough).

MW: Silva- He is undeniably one of the top 3 p4p in the world, and miles ahead of most in his division. Maia could probable submit if he got him to the ground, but I doubt Maia could survive getting in that close to Silva's striking power. Marquadt is well-rounded and a upper-tier fighter, but he just is not exceptional enough to challenge Silva.
(Alt: Henderson- I'd love to see the rematch, but Henderson was not dominate enough against Franklin to give me much confidence in his ability to beat Silva).

LHW: Rashad- Jardine is fighting Rampage first, which will be ideal for Rashad when training for his title defense. I don't know why Rampage would take this fight, he was definitely eligible for a title shot after knocking out Wanderlei, but now is just ensuring Rashad will be prepared by fighting his training partner.

HW: Mir- Mir demonstrated that he is a well-rounded fighter by showcasing his boxing skills in his last bout, but he is also smart. I hadn't really heard of him before he hosted TUF, but his commentary on WEC shows that he knows what's going on. Lesnar shouldn't take MIr down again due to Mir's BJJ, and I'm not sure how their striking skills will match up, but I think Lesnar has a chance if he tires Mir out in the clinch.
thereg
2/28/09 11:12:34PM
lw-diago, he is a beast at lw, think he will get a shot at penn and round 2 tko from GnP

ww-alves-i don't think that gsp can stand with him and i don't think gsp can take it to the mat-round 3 ko

mw-anderson, the guy is in great shape, and absolutely demolishing everyone

lhw-rampage-rampage destroys Jardine in a round1 ko, then puts a beating on rashad for 3 rounds and gets the round 4 ko

hw-lesnar-don't like the guy but i think he is going to train to avoid the subs that mir will throw at him, and GnP his way to a decision, hands down hes to freakin big for most guys to handle
RNC
3/2/09 9:34:18PM
Florian
GSP
Silva
Machida
Lesnar

State_Champ
3/2/09 11:14:11PM

Posted by ravanunen

LW: Florian- Penn is an awesome fighter, but he is arrogant too. He will take the bout with Ken lightly, and will cost him his belt. (Unless Penn postpones his title shot and Ken opts to rematch Sanchez while he waits)

Sherk would lay onflorian until the sun comes up! Sherk would beat florian any day!
croston
3/3/09 6:53:37PM
i agree with those picks on the whole but i see Frank Mir as the heavy weight champ at the end of the year

Posted by keith-hackney1

at the bottom of the link it says "Jackson lands the bigger shots and the decision. Meets Lyoto Machida Super Bowl weekend in ’10.

And if his cornermen are smart, they’ll hide his car keys"

meaning they think Lyoto will take it off rampage in 2010
NatedawgThaM
3/3/09 7:00:44PM
HW- Lesnar will continue to dominate as he gets better and better. He's too fast and strong for everybody. He's the fastest IMO and strongest IMO heavyweight in the world so I think he ruins everybodies day with his explosiveness and wrestling.

LHW- Rampage I think will win it back, I think he'll be able to take out Rashad definitely but Machida scares me but I think if anybody can take em out it's Rampage so here's hoping for the best!!!

MW- Anderson will continue too take out everybody.

WW- GSP will continue to run through everybody. I think Diego would have a good shot since he's well rounded and will stay in his face and never back down(gay lol) cuz in the Fitch fight when Fitch stayed in his face and thru in the 2nd round he actually started winning but wouldn't keep it up. So somebody try that stradegy!!!

LW- Sanchez I think will use his size and grind out everybody. Just needs to stay aggressive as usual. The Joe fight wasn't that great, I felt if he went after em he could have finished him definitely but myabe it was just stragedy to get the easy win since Joe never changes like Diego says. If he goes back to the aggressive Diego I can see him grinding out everybody.