The future of the UFC ' S Heavyweight Devision

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The future of the UFC ' S Heavyweight Devision
POLL: Who Do U See With The Title In 1 Year
Randy Or Gabe 46% (12)
Cro Cop Or Kongo 35% (9)
Vera Or Andrei 12% (3)
Big Nog Or Werdum 8% (2)
peachfuzzz1305
8/16/07 8:13:05PM
Now I think this thread will be deserving of props because I put some time and thinking into this

( just a joke )

There are many events going on that will affect the devision

For example : Gabe Gonzaga vs Randy Couture , Cro Cop vs Kongo , Arlovski vs Vera , and don't forget Big Nog and Werdum is even in this picture

I am gonna simulate how the events go favoring both fighters ( Yull see what I mean )

UFC 74

Gabe Gonzaga vs Randy Couture

If Randy Wins : I see him taking the winner of Cro Cop vs Kongo

If Gabe Wins : I can see him fighting Big Nog

UFC 75

Cro Cop vs Kongo

If Cro Cop wins : Mabey a rematch with Big Nog

If Chiek wins : He gets a title shot

UFC 78

Brandon Vera VS Andrei Arlovski

If Vera wins : He gets to fight Wedum

If Andrei Wins : He gets a title shot after Kongo

THANK YOU

DYLAN

DMcCabe11
8/16/07 8:21:32PM
Arlovski isnt fighting Vera tho the person that u shuda added to this thread is fighting Vera Tim Sylvia

-Also Dylan
chickmagnet
8/16/07 8:22:09PM
I could see Gabe being a big threat if he wins the title so i picked Gonzaga...
.....i agree that if Kongo wins he gets a title shot
peachfuzzz1305
8/16/07 8:24:37PM
OOPS

Vera will be fighting Sylvia and the winner of that will probably fight Andrei

cmill21
8/16/07 8:27:34PM
I think Mirko will have the title. He's got his fire back, he's hired a coach, and he's training with the right people.
juanez13
8/16/07 8:29:40PM
peachfuzzz1305
8/16/07 8:30:10PM
Yeah but I see if Cro Cop and Gabe fight again then i see Gabe eeking out a Split Decision

hippysmacker
8/16/07 8:34:47PM
Fedor. Also peachfuzz i have never given props to anyone who begs for them . Just a tip
peachfuzzz1305
8/16/07 8:37:19PM
No I was nt beggin for them it was just a joke

Also we do not yet know if Fedor will sign

Pitbull09
8/16/07 11:42:41PM
So Andre hasnt been scheduled for a fight yet but I like the idea of him getting title shot for his next win, unlikely though.
Twenty20Dollars
8/16/07 11:48:20PM
Gabe is the future of the HW division.
bls1919
8/17/07 12:24:52AM
All of this speculation about heavyweight champ/best Heavyweight is irevalent until the number 1 in the world fight in the UFC. that would be FEDOR! He would walk through any fighter currently in the UFC. Just look at the fight between him and Cro cop. I have never seen anyone back filopivc up like that before
peachfuzzz1305
8/17/07 12:25:06AM
No Pittbull it would be likly because he already beat Werdum
hippysmacker
8/17/07 2:40:16AM

Posted by bls1919

All of this speculation about heavyweight champ/best Heavyweight is irevalent until the number 1 in the world fight in the UFC. that would be FEDOR! He would walk through any fighter currently in the UFC. Just look at the fight between him and Cro cop. I have never seen anyone back filopivc up like that before

Have you seen Cro-cop fight Hunt? That looked more one-sided to me. I agree Fedor is the best HVy in the world, but I don't think he would walk through the top guys.I certainly don't think he walked through Cro-cop , but I do agree he won. Also, unless Fedor fights top HVY soon his ranking will drop quickly IMO.
ncordless
8/17/07 2:45:54AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by bls1919

Have you seen Cro-cop fight Hunt? That looked more one-sided to me. I agree Fedor is the best HVy in the world, but I don't think he would walk through the top guys.I certainly don't think he walked through Cro-cop , but I do agree he won. Also, unless Fedor fights top HVY soon his ranking will drop quickly IMO.

Fedor v. Cro Cop was a war.

Hunt v. Cro Cop was much more onesided

So was Cro Cop v. Gonzaga for that matter.
cmill21
8/17/07 3:38:04AM
The only reason hunt won was obviously his chin. Anyways fedor doesn't absolutly dominate top fighters, but he does win convincingly.
three_days_of_grey
8/17/07 4:13:04AM
None of these "simulations" make sense. I'm not even going to try and explain why because it's making me more stoopider.
I agree with the Hippysmacker though.. if Fedor doesnt start fighting in the UFC, he should start sliding away from that coveted #1 ranking and end up as MMA's version of Joe Calzaghe.

-OUT-
TNunley
8/17/07 1:09:51PM

Posted by peachfuzzz1305

OOPS

Vera will be fighting Sylvia and the winner of that will probably fight Andrei

Why would the winner of Vera/Sylvia fight Andrei? I think AA is/was a great fighter, but I don't believe he is ranked above Vera or Sylvia. He has never fought Vera, and he lost his last fight with Sylvia. So for the winner to fight AA seems like a step backward. Maybe the loser could fight AA.
LR
8/17/07 1:58:50PM
How does Cheick Kongo suddenly get a title shot, but CroCop wouldn't? I fail to see the logic in half of those matchups.

Fedor did dominate the top fighters. They weren't really close fights. I mean, which fight was close? Hunt's fight was actually close, and Fujita's fight. But Big Nog was completely dominated, I mean, he couldn't defend against Fedor's GnP at all. CroCop's fight was the same way except Fedor outstruck the world class striker. The first round was the only round remotely close, and Fedor still landed more punches. The rest of the fight was CroCop scrambling and pretty much gassing out while Fedor either landed a ton of shots or got him on the ground and GnP'd him. Against the absolute top guys at the time, Fedor dominated.
peachfuzzz1305
8/17/07 6:41:58PM
Because Cro Cop lost 2 Gonzaga and it would not make sence 2 put him against Gonzaga again

DUHHHHHHHH

He would need more then 1 consecutive 2 get a title shot

Now Kongo has already beat a pretty good fighter in Assuerio Silva

And if he beats Cro Cop then thats 2 Straight wins

LR
8/17/07 7:02:24PM
Assuerio Silva is not a good fighter. He's mega-boring. He was 0-3 in the UFC.

Just because Gonzaga beat Crocop doesn't mean Kongo should get a shot. Kongo has done jack all. He only has 4 UFC fight, losing to Marrerro in one bout. He hasn't beat anyone convincingly. He's fought 2 no-names essentially, and Assuerio Silva, who people know of, but was horrible in the UFC.
matthughes23
8/17/07 9:51:16PM
i think maybe big nog might be champ in a year, but if big nog brings the game he brought to fight herring, he probably will lose in his title fight.