Funny Interview w/ Chuck Lidell falling asleep or wasted???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Funny Interview w/ Chuck Lidell falling asleep or wasted???
www-WeLoan-us
3/1/07 6:54:38PM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=125084&catId=104

This morning UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell appeared on “Good Morning Texas” to promote “300? — a new Warner Brothers film that premieres nationwide next Friday, March 9.

It is without question one of the most interesting — and hilarious — interviews the champ has ever conducted.

Barely awake and unintelligible, Liddell revealed that he wants to fight Tommie Morrison in his next bout. Yes, the washed-up professional boxer — not Quinton Rampage Jackson, Mirko Cro Cop Filipovic, Wanderlei Silva or any of the other studs he’s mentioned during interviews recently.

Tommie Morrison.

That is about the only thing that I understood during the segment — and even it didn’t make sense.

It seems as though “The Iceman” is certainly enjoying himself — perhaps a little too much — while he prepares for his next fight.

He’s either on some heavy shit, drank way too much, both, or developed a serious case of Parkinson’s overnight.

Check out the clip here in the sidebar. And, listen to the post-interview report from Gary Cogill here about the debacle.

Stickan
3/1/07 7:10:11PM
OMFG was that a serious interview?!?

I laughed my ass off. He sounds and looks like a freakin drunk. He can't even speak properly. Maybe not a good way to promote the sport but what the hell. That shit was just hilarious. He must had a maaaajor hang-over there or he was still drunk.

Good find. Thanks!
www-WeLoan-us
3/1/07 7:19:41PM
I definitly agree...must of been wasted or real bad hangover LOL...That might be the only way Tito can beat Chuck is in that condition...
Northrend
3/1/07 7:40:36PM
lmao that was preety funny, almost didn't understand what he was saying.
MartyMorgy
3/1/07 8:31:17PM
Wow, nice find. I couldn't even finish watching the video it was too embarrassing. He was either really hungover or on some kind of downer.
loller90278
3/1/07 8:33:16PM
i still believe chuck is in love with lady white
www-WeLoan-us
3/1/07 10:30:26PM
riding the white pony ..LOL or is he talking to his buddy DeWhite. He was to a sleep to be on the white pony
Dadaman
3/1/07 10:59:39PM
Chuck Lidell is the man but he's obviously on something. Either alcohol or narcotics. I don't think Chuck's under the effects of coke there (he could be comming down from a long night of coking it up though) but he's definatly not himself.

Him and Jerry Millen should get together and throw sweet drug parties.
gspfan31
3/1/07 11:00:42PM
he told sherdog that he had too much nyquil
Ydoc
3/1/07 11:04:02PM
From UFCjunkie

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell’s incoherent appearance on the AM TV Talk Show “Good Morning Texas,” was attributed to illness commented both Liddell and his longtime trainer John Hackleman to The Fight Network this afternoon.

He sounds hoarse and sleepy to me, so I buy it. Whatever you believe, I just hope people don't think this is how you sound if you fight in MMA, because someone not familiar with the sport can think Chuck in that state is par for the course. A scary thought.
ButterBalls
3/1/07 11:08:46PM
he sounds completely wasted, its hilarious
Reignofterror
3/2/07 12:14:07AM
LMFAO!!!
fartinggrappler
3/2/07 3:43:01AM
he will lose his next title defense.........the opponent does not matter
mmadb
3/2/07 7:34:29AM
"Are you OK Chuck?"

LOL
ReproMan
3/2/07 9:52:07AM
That's too funny. No doubt he was out partying all night, I just want to know what kept him up long enough to get that wasted....
roman
3/2/07 10:33:01AM
LOL, sounds fine to me.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/2/07 11:24:15AM
this is only AUDIO right?..im not getting video...
Ydoc
3/2/07 12:12:59PM
Nope... video too. Maybe try a different browser or wait longer depending on your internet speed.

The real gold here though is the audio.
Stickan
3/2/07 1:29:26PM

Posted by Ydoc

Nope... video too. Maybe try a different browser or wait longer depending on your internet speed.

The real gold here though is the audio.

Nah you can't really experience it without the video. Chuck leaning on his arm, slowly falling asleep.... it's just instant classic.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/2/07 2:17:19PM
the video didnt work for me here,but i found the video on Youtube.

i dont think it was funny....more sad than anything
jdubs
3/2/07 8:49:23PM

Posted by gspfan31

ha, hes my second fav. fighter but i have to admit he was on something other than nyquil. its time for him to retire before he ends up like ali or tyson, those shots to the head are catching up with him and its a sad way to see someone end their career
Stickan
3/2/07 8:57:01PM

Posted by jdubs

Posted by gspfan31

ha, hes my second fav. fighter but i have to admit he was on something other than nyquil. its time for him to retire before he ends up like ali or tyson, those shots to the head are catching up with him and its a sad way to see someone end their career

It's not that and I can't believe an MMA fan would say something like that. He's been on numerous talk-shows and done fine and he probably had been stressed out recently with all the promoting and stuff. That and he might've been out partying a little too much or had something in him but it's not that he's taking too many shots that's for sure. He's no Ali and probably won't ever be.
hippysmacker
3/2/07 9:11:32PM
Had to find it on youtube also, maybe it's because I have a Mac. Whether Chuck was drunk, tired, sedated, hungover , stressed or any combination thereof: This bums me out. He's not punchy in anyway in my mind. Still, I think he has a responsablity as one of the foremost personalities in MMA, to put on a better appearance. Probably a one time thing. Hope it doesn't happen again. I don't want people new to the sport thinking he is some puncy boxer-type.
hippysmacker
3/2/07 9:58:32PM
I just found this from the fight network.

The Fight Network contacted Lideell prior to the interview. Liddell told them “I am sick and rundown and need to get back to training.”

Liddell’s management commented that he had a sinus infection hence the stuffy voice, and had taken medication for insomnia only a few hours before the interview.

Makes sense
Stickan
3/2/07 10:02:19PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I just found this from the fight network.

The Fight Network contacted Lideell prior to the interview. Liddell told them “I am sick and rundown and need to get back to training.”

Liddell’s management commented that he had a sinus infection hence the stuffy voice, and had taken medication for insomnia only a few hours before the interview.

Makes sense

seems to be 3-4 threads about this spread out on these forums