The 20 fundamental moves of Jiu-Jitsu – Part 1

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » The 20 fundamental moves of Jiu-Jitsu – Part 1
disorderlyvision
4/17/07 12:21:17PM
link

Experienced black-belts speak of the moves that every good fighter must master
Rush
4/17/07 2:54:07PM
These moves are basically what you'll learn at any Gracie seminar.
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/24/07 4:46:31AM

Posted by Rush

IRoyce Gracie puts on the worst seminars

Ultimate_fighter
4/30/07 7:01:18PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by Rush

IRoyce Gracie puts on the worst seminars

big time
wildtp45
5/8/07 12:50:33PM
i cant list 20 but one move that can be used to avoid a bad position is the elbow escape. I think it is arguably one of the best moves in all of bjj.
MethodMan
5/9/07 8:11:56AM
Shaolin is a quality fighter, and the article really informative. One thing I dont get is the focus of some BJJ guys on the uppa and teach it like its the only means of escape from a mounted position, when their are plenty of others. Sure it is an important skill which needs to be drilled but in a fight combining it with other escape attempts is you best chance of reversing position.
Rush
5/9/07 8:19:59AM

Posted by MethodMan

Shaolin is a quality fighter, and the article really informative. One thing I dont get is the focus of some BJJ guys on the uppa and teach it like its the only means of escape from a mounted position, when their are plenty of others. Sure it is an important skill which needs to be drilled but in a fight combining it with other escape attempts is you best chance of reversing position.

I guess the upa is important in the sense that it is the most basic and easy escape from the mount, more so when a non-experienced fighter has mounted you (like that's ever going to happen. lol)

I never understood the emphasis on it either.
MethodMan
5/11/07 4:03:36AM
hey Rush do you do a lot of ground work, what are your thoughts on the BJJ that we see in UFC or Pride at the moment compared to what is out their.
-Virus-
5/26/07 8:04:05PM
Seminars are usually a waist of money i find. repetition is the best way to build technique. You don't need someone famous in order to be good
-Virus-
5/26/07 8:06:29PM

Posted by wildtp45

i cant list 20 but one move that can be used to avoid a bad position is the elbow escape. I think it is arguably one of the best moves in all of bjj.

elbow escapes are one of my favorite escapes from mount but for mma the moving of the hands from your face can lead to free shots if the attempt fails, bucking or controlling an arm and trying to roll them over to the side there arm cant base with is the easiest attempt and it is safer, but for bjj i always use elbow escapes
jakeovgy
6/11/07 5:15:56PM
thanx for help, need all the grappling help i can get, at the moment i either slug it out on the feet with technique or take it down and pound, want to get better at submissions though, thanx again for link