Funaki signs with K-1

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Funaki signs with K-1
richieb19
7/16/07 2:29:01PM
I posted this in the news section as well... this is incredible, the legend himself is returning to fight. I have to say I'm a little worried, as he looked to be passed his prime in '00, and it's been seven years since his last fight (w/ Rickson Gracie), but I wish him nothing but the best, and will be sure not to miss him!

I wonder why he didn't sign with Pancrase?
Northrend
7/16/07 3:30:16PM
I just remember him vs Bas!
Man, who is he gona fight?
richieb19
7/16/07 3:45:34PM

Posted by Northrend

I can't believe someone finally replied... It seems as though everyones forgotten him or simply doesn't know him. The initial rumors are that he might rematch with Rickson Gracie, or face Kazushi Sakuraba.

For those who don't know, he was the creator of the Pancrase organization in Japan, and easily one of the greatest submission artists of all time. He is one of the best fighters MMA has ever been graced with...

Which Bas / Funaki fight did you see, the one he won or the one he lost?
Northrend
7/16/07 6:37:05PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Northrend

I can't believe someone finally replied... It seems as though everyones forgotten him or simply doesn't know him. The initial rumors are that he might rematch with Rickson Gracie, or face Kazushi Sakuraba.

For those who don't know, he was the creator of the Pancrase organization in Japan, and easily one of the greatest submission artists of all time. He is one of the best fighters MMA has ever been graced with...

Which Bas / Funaki fight did you see, the one he won or the one he lost?

Both I believe..was a long time ago though. I should probably go re-watch em.
Northrend
7/16/07 6:45:46PM
I just posted a HL of both fights with Bas vs Funaki in the MMA Videos section if anyone is intrested.
Stickan
7/16/07 6:56:20PM
I'm really not that interested in the oldies that Hero´s bring back. I'm honestly not interested in seeing Funaki, K. Shamrock, Royce, Kimo or any of the old "legends" fight again. The game has passed them by.
Fanboy 1988
7/16/07 8:21:35PM
It's cool to hear the Funaki's coming back, he came the closet to beating Rickson IMO.
gutoo
7/17/07 2:20:17AM
funaki won great fighters like bas,mezger,ken shamrock,vernon white,semmy schild and others
Lets see if rickson will aceppt the rematch against funaki :D
bigblair
7/20/07 7:57:50AM
as much as i like the older guys, Funaki was a great subs guy, but great subs doesnt mean great at MMA, alot of fighters out of that era of Pancrase did really well, more didnt, im not sure Funaki will do all that well, but then again he isnt a stupid fighter so will have done his research and im sure he'l of cross trained for the modern day athlete