For the fun of it Pick the Winners of my fight matchups /

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » For the fun of it Pick the Winners of my fight matchups /
Next Page »
MoJoy
7/23/07 9:04:03PM
Some of these seem like cool back and forth battles in my head, others could actually happen. Either way it's all cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Energized"

Tim Sylvia vs. Alexander Emelianko
Chuck Liddel vs. Vanderlei Silva
Joe Stevenson vs. Roger Huerta
Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva
Karo Parysian vs. Matt Hughes
Tito Ortiz vs. Allistair Overeem
Mirko Crop Crop vs. Andrei Arlovski
Northrend
7/23/07 9:08:51PM
Tim Sylvia vs. Alexander Emelianko-Aleks KO
Chuck Liddel vs. Vanderlei Silva-Wandy TKO
Joe Stevenson vs. Roger Huerta-Joe Stevenson sub
Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva-Hendo by UD
Karo Parysian vs. Matt Hughes-Hughes by UD
Tito Ortiz vs. Allistair Overeem-Overeem by KO
Mirko Crop Crop vs. Andrei Arlovski-Crocop by KO
ocho-cinco
7/23/07 9:14:02PM
Emelianko
Silva
Huerta
Silva
Hughes
Ortiz
Crop Cop
Twenty20Dollars
7/23/07 9:42:03PM
Tim
Chuck
Joe
Anderson
Matt
Ortiz
Andrei
Copenhagen
7/23/07 9:46:47PM
Aleksander
Wanderlei
Joe
Dan
Karo
Overeem
Mirko

PS. You murdered the spelling of some of their names.
MoJoy
7/23/07 9:49:08PM
Aleks round 2 Ko
Liddell round 2 Ko
Huerta UD
Henderson UD
Karo UD
Overeem round 3 Tko
Arlovski round 2 Tko
babalu2720
7/23/07 10:46:12PM
Aleks
Wanderlei
Joe
Anderson
Matt
Alistair
Cro Cop
ufc88
7/23/07 11:41:35PM
alexander emelianko
wanderlei silva
joe stevenson
anderson silva
karo parisyian
tito ortiz
mirko cro cop
ncordless
7/23/07 11:53:32PM
Alex by- KO
Silva- KO
Stevenson- triangle
Hendo- UD
Hughes- SD
Ortiz- UD
Cro Cop- KTFO
MoJoy
7/24/07 1:05:05AM
Easily Allistair Overeem would destoy Tito Ortiz. Look at who Tito has beat, not fought but actually beat, besides Vitor Belfort who has he beat? Look at who Allistair has beat, that's what I thought. Look at the Allistair and Chuck fight. I can't believe so many of you think if they clashed Tito would win. He would not be able to get it to the ground, he would be covering up the whole time. Yeah.
Gkizi
7/24/07 1:16:22AM
Sylvia by UD
Wanderlei by KO
Stevenson by TKO
Anderson by UD
Karo by SD
Ortiz by UD
Cro Cop by KO
TOMMYAYO05
7/24/07 1:39:49AM

Easily Allistair Overeem would destoy Tito Ortiz. Look at who Tito has beat, not fought but actually beat, besides Vitor Belfort who has he beat? Look at who Allistair has beat, that's what I thought. Look at the Allistair and Chuck fight. I can't believe so many of you think if they clashed Tito would win. He would not be able to get it to the ground, he would be covering up the whole time. Yeah.
I needed a good laugh man thanks!!!
Ultimate_fighter
7/24/07 2:20:52AM
My Picks:

1) Sylvia vs Emelianko - Emelianko TKO 2nd Round
2) Liddell vs Silva - Silva KO 2nd Round
3) Stevenson vs Huerta - Stevenson Tapout 1st Round
4) Henderson vs Silva - Silva KO Second Round
5) Parysian vs Hughes - Parysian Unanimous Dec
6) Ortiz vs Overeem - Ortiz Unanimous Dec
7) Cro Cop vs Arlovski - Cro Cop KO 2nd Round
ncordless
7/24/07 2:28:50AM

Posted by MoJoy

Wanderlei Silva

And my reasoning behind picking Ortiz in a decision is that Overheem has gassed in every fight I've seen him in that lasted over 2 min. I think that ORtiz would survive the initial Overheem onslaught and grind out a win when Overheem once again gasses and is content in guard.

WAR Fight Iowa!!!
papercut
7/24/07 7:42:06AM
Sylvia/Emelianko===Emelianko
Liddell/Silva===Silva
Stevenson/Huerta===Stevenson
Henderson/Silva===Henderson
Parysian/Hughes===Hughes
Ortiz/Overeem===Overeem
Cro Cop/Arlovski===Cro Cop
Mastodon2
7/24/07 10:18:59AM

Tim Sylvia vs. Alexander Emelianko = Aleks Emelianenko KO rd1
Chuck Liddel vs. Wanderlei Silva = Silva KO round 2
Joe Stevenson vs. Roger Huerta = Joe Stevenson submission round 2
Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva = Silva by TKO round 3
Karo Parysian vs. Matt Hughes = Matt Hughes by split decision

Tito Ortiz vs. Allistair Overeem
A very interesting match. As long as Overeem avoided the takedown, and his sprawl was quite nifty back in the day, he would destroy Tito in the stand up. I know Tito likes to think he can strike but he isnt in Overeems league. Overeem by KO round 3

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Andrei Arlovski = Cro Cop by KO rd 2
Mastodon2
7/24/07 10:23:08AM
A lot of people underrate Overeem, but go back to the 2003 MW GP, when Alistair fought Chuck he was murdering him, Chuck landed that punch that rocked Overeem and he managed to come back and take the fight, but if that one punch had missed then it would have been Alistair winning by KO moments after, not Chuck.
Taylor8766
7/24/07 11:35:48AM
Emelianko-TKO(GNP)
Liddell-TKO
Huerta-UD
Silva-TKO
Hughes-TKO(GNP)
Ortiz-UD
Arlovski-UD
pv3Hpv3p
7/24/07 1:10:08PM
Tim Sylvia vs. Alexander Emelianenko - I'll take Aleks by heelhook... Rd1

Chuck Liddel vs. Wanderlei Silva - I gotta take my boy Wandy... TKO rd1

Joe Stevenson vs. Roger Huerta - Joe's too strong and's got too much exp... Joe Daddy, sub, rd2

Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva - Unless Dan can ride out a UD, which I think he couldn't, Anderson by ref stoppage... A.Silva is the most dominant champ in MMA now (since Fedor is "on the shelf")

Karo Parysian vs. Matt Hughes - I've wanted to see this fight for years... I got Karo by split

Tito Ortiz vs. Allistair Overeem - My only stipulation is that they fight at HeavyWeight... Tito's huge either way, and with Alistar not having to cut, I think he gets a Thai Clinch TKO in the late rounds

Mirko Crop Crop vs. Andrei Arlovski - The hardest fight for me to pick... Either could end it quickly... Depends who gets off first, and with two counterstrikers like this it might be neither of them.
masodd
7/24/07 2:47:40PM
Alex by sub.
chuck by tko
joe by sub.
silva by ud
karo by ud
tito by ud
arlovski by tko
BeerisGood
7/24/07 3:17:01PM
Tim Sylvia vs. Alexander Emelianko- Emelianko, GnP
Chuck Liddel vs. Vanderlei Silva- crap, silva?
Joe Stevenson vs. Roger Huerta-stevenson, sub
Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva-Dan the man, KO
Karo Parysian vs. Matt Hughes-Karo, throw out of cage
Tito Ortiz vs. Allistair Overeem-Overeem, tko
Mirko Crop Crop vs. Andrei Arlovski- Cro cop, tko
TOMMYAYO05
7/24/07 3:45:26PM
aleskander emilienanko over tim sylvia by tko
Wanderlei silva over chuck liddell by tko
huerta over joe stevenson by decision
anserson silva over dan henderson by tko
matt hughes over karo parysian decision or tko
tito ortiz over allistar overeem by decision
arloski over crocop by decision
MoJoy
7/24/07 8:35:54PM
Hey this is a fight forum so I will bring the intensity. To all those who said Tito Ortiz would win the Allistair Overeem fight. Take some pride in your MMA knowledge, breathe, and rethink this. Look at who Ortiz has BEAT, and look at who Overeem has fought in all his fights, and who he has beat. The guy Tito beat, Vitor, I actually think he lost, just got a decision he did not win in my or most people's books, and that's his bright moment. Overeem has beat that guy twice, and has a list of opponents he is victorious over that is very impressive. And he has shown a lot in fights that did not go his way. He's getting better at the gassing thing, and with all this MMA whose who that he has fought already, he is 27. Overeem would make Ortiz look so bad. Unless Tito right away could get Overeem to the ground, either he would get him to the ground late in the round after getting lit up, or he would not get him to the ground at all. If you have any respect to reply to this post regarding these two fighter take a look at the record. Who they have fought. Also, many of you look at Allistair as some past his prime fighter, or ho hum, he should be getting better in the next few years, if he won a world title I would not be surprised. Of course he has to get a lot better, but beating Tito Oritz, are you kidding me. Allistairs strength would be like Ortiz's but with his length and explosiveness Ortiz would have much trouble getting close. He would have to have a dive in attempts and pick his spots like Fabricio tried to do against Arlovski, and Allistair would be active the complete fight, with his knees, kicks, clinches, punches. Tito's great coverup defense would let him last till round 2. Das Ry.
MoJoy
7/24/07 10:03:44PM
Bump.
Boo_Radley21
7/24/07 10:32:32PM
Tim
Silva
Huerta
Henderson
Hughes
Overeem
Arlovski
MoJoy
7/25/07 12:42:09AM
Somebody actually picked Tim. I think Aleks with his fast hands for a man that overgrown is a terrible matchup for Tim as they both will strike with each other and other can land something but with Aleks being more polished he will get the better. Yeah cagwgwehn.
Focker101
7/25/07 10:10:56AM
Tim
Wanderlei
Joe
Anderson
Matt
Allistair
Andrei
the-james
7/25/07 6:59:11PM
Tim Sylvia vs. Alexander Emelianko = Aleks by KO
Chuck Liddel vs. Vanderlei Silva = Chuck by Late KO
Joe Stevenson vs. Roger Huerta = Joe by Sub
Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva = Anderson by KO after getting owned Early
Karo Parysian vs. Matt Hughes = Hughes by Decision
Tito Ortiz vs. Allistair Overeem = Ortiz by Allistar Gassing
Mirko Crop Crop vs. Andrei Arlovski = Whoever connects good first
the-james
7/25/07 7:04:07PM

Posted by MoJoy

Hey this is a fight forum so I will bring the intensity. To all those who said Tito Ortiz would win the Allistair Overeem fight. Take some pride in your MMA knowledge, breathe, and rethink this. Look at who Ortiz has BEAT, and look at who Overeem has fought in all his fights, and who he has beat. The guy Tito beat, Vitor, I actually think he lost, just got a decision he did not win in my or most people's books, and that's his bright moment. Overeem has beat that guy twice, and has a list of opponents he is victorious over that is very impressive. And he has shown a lot in fights that did not go his way. He's getting better at the gassing thing, and with all this MMA whose who that he has fought already, he is 27. Overeem would make Ortiz look so bad. Unless Tito right away could get Overeem to the ground, either he would get him to the ground late in the round after getting lit up, or he would not get him to the ground at all. If you have any respect to reply to this post regarding these two fighter take a look at the record. Who they have fought. Also, many of you look at Allistair as some past his prime fighter, or ho hum, he should be getting better in the next few years, if he won a world title I would not be surprised. Of course he has to get a lot better, but beating Tito Oritz, are you kidding me. Allistairs strength would be like Ortiz's but with his length and explosiveness Ortiz would have much trouble getting close.

Okay i said that Tito would win but in no way do i think Tito is more talented its just a good match up for him because despite what you say Alistar has not fixed his conditioning problem and by the second round Tito would be able to take him down and get a decision easy because Alistars TD defense isnt the greatest either. So in this matchup Tito takes it unless he gets caught early which doesnt seem to happen to tito much hes has a decent chin look at the knee Kondo caught him with.
xchickox
7/25/07 8:20:44PM
Alexander Emelianko
Vanderlei Silva
Joe Stevenson
Anderson Silva
Karo Parysian
Tito Ortiz
Andrei Arlovski
Pages: [1] 2