UFC on Fuel TV 3 Scheduling Question

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC on Fuel TV 3 Scheduling Question
Poor_Franklin
5/6/12 1:02:23PM
1. it says May 15th, & May 15th is a Tuesday. Is that the correct fight date?

2. If it is on a Tuesday, does anyone know why they are doing an event on a Tuesday night? I'm not complaining if it is, bc it's one of the few nights i am off work. I just find it a little weird
Twenty20Dollars
5/6/12 1:14:14PM
It is the 15th on UFC website. Don't know why. They used to have fights on Wednesday, so odd to have it on a Tuesday with an open Saturday.
Budgellism
5/6/12 1:14:29PM
I don't know why, but yeah, it's on Tuesday
cowcatcher
5/6/12 1:24:21PM
They kept showing the commercial for it last night, and the first 20 or so times I assumed it was just for some preview show for the event until I paid attention and realized the fights were Tuesday. MMA on a Tuesday is weird, but it sounds just fine to me.
Chael_Sonnen
5/6/12 3:47:45PM
MMA on a Tuesday > MMA on a Friday
Twenty20Dollars
5/12/12 6:39:36PM
Well I know why it's not on Saturday, b/c SF is on Saturday 5/19. Forgot about that.

But again, usually they've done Fight Nights on Wednesdays. Lots of MMA this next week though. UFC/Bellator/TUF/SF
DancingDoll
5/13/12 1:35:29PM
I always wonder why they schedule these are such random days. The numbers can't possibly be the same for these. Most people wouldn't even remember it was on mid-week. I almost forgot myself!
prozacnation1978
5/14/12 10:40:45AM
Bad night to have fights. I usually rent red box on Tuesday. Feels weird.
KungFuMaster
5/14/12 1:57:39PM
Had it been scheduled on Wednesday, I may think about it. Thursdays and Fridays are iffy. Saturdays are good. Sundays are not too bad. Mondays tend to be slow but you are full of energy to get the work week started - so a ufc event would only keep your momentum going. Tuesdays, on the other hand, simply won't work. The day has a U after a T followed by an E. What kind of a day has a U after a T followed by an E?

On Wednesday, you have WED for wed or wedding. Makes sense.

On Thursdays, you have THU for thunder. Makes sense.

On Fridays, you have FRI for friend. Makes sense again.

On Saturdays, you have SAT for sat or satellite. Makes perfect sense.

On Sundays, you have SUN for sun or sunny. Genius.

On Mondays you have MON for money. Incredible.

But then you get to Tuesday and what do you have? TUE for .......for nothing. It doesn't make any sense. I'm not watching it.
Pookie
5/14/12 2:03:58PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

But then you get to Tuesday and what do you have? TUE for .......for nothing. It doesn't make any sense. I'm not watching it.

Therapeutic Use Exemption.
Bubbles
5/14/12 6:42:24PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by KungFuMaster

Therapeutic Use Exemption.

was just about to say this