UFC on FUEL: How do you feel?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC on FUEL: How do you feel?
pmoney
11/11/11 12:36:53PM
I upgraded my TV package back in August to get MTV 2 and FUEL. I got some other channels thrown in to sweeten the pot. At the time though, I pretty much just got MTV2 for Bellator, and FUEL for Shark Fights and all the other promotions they occasionally have. That, and the general extreme sports content that fits the "So Cal" stereotype so well

With the announcement of the Fox deal, and the more recent announcement of how FUEL is going to be programmed, I couldn't be more excited. I almost always miss the weigh ins, and I couldn't always find the full videos of them on-line. Today, I have the UFC on Fox weigh ins set to record on my DVR

I got this channel expecting (and loving) regional MMA, and I ended up with the new UFC channel! I just wish they had put the FB fights on there this weekend, as that is what the ultimate plan is. I don't know why they are holding a two hour "pre-fight" special when the Facebook streams are going on... Ah well!

How do you feel about this new development? Anyone watching FUEL today? Anyone screaming at the heavens, staring at a rain filled sky and cursing their cable or satellite provider? Indifferent?
emfleek
11/11/11 1:06:29PM
Good move but I hate it because I don't have FUEL.
Chael_Sonnen
11/11/11 1:15:26PM

Posted by emfleek

I have it, but I wish it was in HD.
emfleek
11/11/11 1:17:17PM
I guess nothing changes from my end, though. I'll still be streaming it.

pmoney
11/11/11 1:37:39PM
I had heard that FUEL is only in about 30 million homes, which sucks. I am sure that most people who want it could get it though. It was $7 to get the next tier on my cable bill that included FUEL, which, considering all that will be on that channel, I am more than willing to pay for. UFC Primetime at three, weigh ins at four.... Hell to the yeah!
FastKnockout
11/11/11 2:43:12PM
I'm lucky enough to have Fuel, so of course I'm happy about it. I could care less about programs like Unleashed but I'm VERY thankful for the weigh ins. The video streams were always a hassle.
Chael_Sonnen
11/11/11 3:30:12PM
At the end of the day, FUEL is a blessing compared to the one hit wonder ION tv.
scoozna
11/11/11 3:35:54PM
I hate it - because Verizon FiOS in my area has it on the next tier up. Translation: another $10/month for me. Not planning on doing it. I may cave before long.

It sounded like a big deal to say the UFC was on "Fox". But if it's only on Fuel and it's only in 30M homes, I'm struggling to figure out how that's such a great thing.
emfleek
11/11/11 3:39:19PM

Posted by scoozna

I hate it - because Verizon FiOS in my area has it on the next tier up. Translation: another $10/month for me. Not planning on doing it. I may cave before long.

It sounded like a big deal to say the UFC was on "Fox". But if it's only on Fuel and it's only in 30M homes, I'm struggling to figure out how that's such a great thing.

4 events on FOX.

6 events on FX.

Prelims/pre and post-fight stuff/weigh-ins are on FUEL.

I can swing 2 of the 3 and I'm guessing most people are the same way. I haven't checked yet, but I'm hoping FUEL or FOX will offer a stream to the FUEL broadcast(s).
casketcoin
11/11/11 8:30:51PM
fuel was choppy as hell when i watched the weigh ins . reply if it happened to you?
kopower
11/11/11 9:08:50PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by emfleek

Maybe that's why I couldn't find it. I'll have to search the regular channels.
Chael_Sonnen
11/11/11 9:36:53PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by emfleek

Maybe that's why I couldn't find it. I'll have to search the regular channels.

Mine was in the 200's for the regular channels.
KungFuMaster
11/11/11 10:45:43PM
I want to upgrade but it's just not cost effective for me to do so. I have two little ones. I can limit my oldest daughter on her television viewing but my little one - that is another story.
tcunningham
11/12/11 3:12:30AM
didnt know i had fuel till ufc started on it. guess ill see if theres anything else worth watching on it.
prozacnation1978
11/12/11 8:28:29PM
I did a swap on thur as well
Cut out mtv 2 with bellator cause I have epix hd channel shows as well bellator
And added fuel channel.

Thank god I have fox deportes channel. I am watching the prelims right now
LateCold
11/12/11 11:04:57PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by emfleek

This.Its a good home for mma just like MTV2 I wish I had it in high definition so it would look better and be more appealing.Always nice to see more mma content though.