UFC on FUEL TV 5 draws a reported 7,241 attendance for $970K live gate

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on FUEL TV 5 draws a reported 7,241 attendance for $970K live gate
grappler0000
9/29/12 8:32:46PM
Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 5 card drew an announced attendance of 7,241 fans for a live gate of $970,000.

UFC officials announced the figures at the night's post-event news conference, which MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) attended.

"UFC on FUEL TV: Struve vs. Miocic" took place at Capital FM Arena in Nottingham, England, and was the UFC's debut in the city. The main card aired on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook...

Link
kopower
9/29/12 8:42:49PM
Wow. I know it wasn't a card with huge names, but that seems pretty low. Especially with the number of European fighters on the card.
Poor_Franklin
9/29/12 8:46:34PM

Posted by kopower

Wow. I know it wasn't a card with huge names, but that seems pretty low. Especially with the number of European fighters on the card.

Google told me the capacity is 10,000, so not bad, i wonder if the empty seats were noticeable
Cooler
9/29/12 11:03:36PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by kopower

Google told me the capacity is 10,000, so not bad, i wonder if the empty seats were noticeable

They did a good job of production not showing the empty seats, didn't even think it was that low, only 7k people showing up to a 10k max. For how loud they were for Pickett and Hardy you'd think there was 20,000 people
moob
9/30/12 10:49:51AM

Posted by kopower

I hope it was intentional- folk in Europe are fed up getting poor cards, especially the way its rubbed in your face 7 days later with a great card in the US.
Bubbles
9/30/12 11:22:55AM
Personally I thought this card was better on paper than UFC 152, minus the fact of title fights, and this main event > Jones/Belfort. And I paid $140 to go see 152
BuffaloDave
9/30/12 11:25:28AM

Posted by Bubbles

Personally I thought this card was better on paper than UFC 152, minus the fact of title fights, and this main event > Jones/Belfort. And I paid $140 to go see 152

Definitely a way better card on paper.