UFC on FUEL TV 5 bonuses: Pickett, Wiman, Struve, Miocic earn $40K awards

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on FUEL TV 5 bonuses: Pickett, Wiman, Struve, Miocic earn $40K awards
prophecy033
9/30/12 1:36:13AM
Brad Pickett, Matt Wiman, Stefan Struve and Stipe Miocic each earned $40,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC on FUEL TV: Struve vs. Miocic" event.

Pickett earned the "Knockout of the Night" award, Wiman won "Submission of the Night" and Struve and Miocic picked up "Fight of the Night" honors.

UFC officials announced the winners and bonus amounts following the event, which took place at Capital FM Arena in Nottingham, England. The event's main card aired on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

Link
Sir_Karl
9/30/12 3:37:19AM
Personally I think Ogle vs. Corassani should have gotten fight of the night.
prozacnation1978
9/30/12 4:40:59AM
I had the same in all categories
pmoney
9/30/12 7:42:32AM
Pickett's KO was off the chain. Peralta's was great too, but Pickett's was just a little better. What an uppercut, that was about as clean a punch as I've seen in some time.
sparky
9/30/12 9:01:19AM

Posted by pmoney

Pickett's KO was off the chain. Peralta's was great too, but Pickett's was just a little better. What an uppercut, that was about as clean a punch as I've seen in some time.

It put itself up there for knockout of the year with a punch. That uppercut was EPIC
Bubbles
9/30/12 9:14:38AM
Manuwa may have had a chance at KOTN if he didn't dog it when Kingsbury was rocked...and could have given me 4 more points
pmoney
9/30/12 9:42:11AM

Posted by Bubbles

Manuwa may have had a chance at KOTN if he didn't dog it when Kingsbury was rocked...and could have given me 4 more points

True. The ref really should have stopped that fight in the first anyhow. Kingsbury has taken some bad beatings in his last few fights. Just because a fighter can take a beating doesn't mean the referee should let said fighter get a mudhole stomped in them.
JLS1980
9/30/12 10:58:40AM
I agree with the SOTN and KOTN.
FOTN not to sure about. It was pretty good. I thought from start to finish Tom Watson and Brad Tavares put on a good fight.
airkerma
9/30/12 11:24:47AM

Posted by sparky

Posted by pmoney

It put itself up there for knockout of the year with a punch. That uppercut was EPIC

Yeah I was all about that KO, that was fantastic. It's been a while since "One Punch" truly displayed his one punch abilities. This was a treat.
shaneTpain
9/30/12 12:17:20PM
I agree with all these.

Picketts uppercut was legendary! Fancy combos & crazy kicks are cool but sometimes we forget how effective one clean good old fashion uppercut to the chin can be. Thanks for the reminder One-Punch

Wiman subbing the sub master is a SOTN no brainer.

& altough Ogle/Akira was an epic war I think Struve & Stipe earned the FOTN because it was there first time as maineventers & they super delivered.
Bythar
10/1/12 10:34:33AM
My favourite fight of the night was Wiman/Sass by a lot. They should just give them FOTN and SOTN. It was short but it was superb.

Pickett's KO was fantastic.
BuffaloDave
10/1/12 10:37:24AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Definitely, their fight was way more exciting.
MMAcca
10/1/12 4:35:20PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Sir_Karl

Definitely, their fight was way more exciting.

But Pickett busted out the 'Gangnam style' dance and that clinched it for him imo