UFC on FUEL TV 1 bonuses: Miocic, Menjivar, Ellenberger, Sanchez get $50K awards

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on FUEL TV 1 bonuses: Miocic, Menjivar, Ellenberger, Sanchez get $50K awards
Budgellism
2/15/12 11:44:06PM
Stipe Miocic, Ivan Menjivar, Jake Ellenberger and Diego Sanchez each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Wednesday's UFC on FUEL TV 1 event.

Miocic earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Menjivar picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and Ellenberger and Sanchez earned "Fight of the Night" honours.

LINK
Budgellism
2/15/12 11:45:13PM
Brookins should have gotten KOTN imo
lohmann
2/15/12 11:57:04PM

Posted by Budgellism

I disagree. Violence and technique together is always the best type of knockout.

Did anybody else feel like it looked like Miocic was going to punch a hole through De Fries when the referee called it? That fight should have been called earlier.
FastKnockout
2/16/12 12:05:50AM

Posted by Budgellism

This.
tmas
2/16/12 12:17:00AM
eh both were good cant go wrong either way....
prozacnation1978
2/16/12 1:58:45AM
Main event was very good. Needed it after Ufc 143 main event
hashyandy4
2/16/12 2:52:26AM

Posted by Budgellism

I was thinkin the same thing
airkerma
2/16/12 7:55:53AM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Budgellism

I disagree. Violence and technique together is always the best type of knockout.

Did anybody else feel like it looked like Miocic was going to punch a hole through De Fries when the referee called it? That fight should have been called earlier.

The dude covered up and the ref stopped it. Rocha couldn't cover up because he was out cold. Budge is spot on, they gave it to Miocic because he was on the main card and possibly because he's in a heavier weight class imo.
cowcatcher
2/16/12 11:18:29AM
Diego deserves an extra bonus for helping keep the arena vampire free.

Bubbles
2/16/12 10:46:53PM
its more to keep the demons from entering his dreams to turn them to nightmares. We have Wesley Snipes to fend off vampires

Scott Jorgensen didnt win KOTN by KTFO Ken Stone from guard, and that was even more viscous than Brookins, so I am fine with Miocic getting the bonus. Im sure he got a locker room bonus anyways
airkerma
2/17/12 9:12:02AM

Posted by Bubbles
Scott Jorgensen didnt win KOTN by KTFO Ken Stone from guard, and that was even more viscous than Brookins, so I am fine with Miocic getting the bonus. Im sure he got a locker room bonus anyways

This is true, it is of note though that there were 4 kos the night Jorgensen scored that KO, and KOTN went to not only the main event, but also the winner of that season of TUF. I think it just demonstrates the UFC focusing on star power and size over what is deserving. Considering it is a subjective (or monetary view from the UFCs point) point of view, I suppose there isn't a correct answer. Just something about it sits a little off for me.