UFC on FUEL TV 6's 'Fight of the Night'? Cung Le thinks it was Jon Tuck-Tiequan Zhang

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on FUEL TV 6's 'Fight of the Night'? Cung Le thinks it was Jon Tuck-Tiequan Zhang
prophecy033
11/11/12 8:02:13PM
Takanori Gomi and Mac Danzig each pocketed an extra $40,000 on Saturday night as "Fight of the Night" winners at UFC on FUEL TV 6. 

Gomi took home the win with a split decision, one of two split calls out of seven decisions on the card, which took place at CotaiArena in Venetian Macau Resort Hotel as the UFC's first event in China. But they had some competition. 

And main event "Knockout of the Night" winner Cung Le might have gone in a different direction had he been passing out bonus checks.

Link
Playground_Samurai
11/11/12 9:17:38PM
I agree. Sucks, cause Danzig/Gomi are probably already getting a much higher base salary than Zhang/Tuck anyhow. Hopefully DW hooked them up with a nice backstage bonus.
BuffaloDave
11/11/12 9:33:07PM
I agree with Le too.
kopower
11/11/12 9:54:58PM
I was just surprised Zhang made it all 3 rounds without getting finished.
Budgellism
11/11/12 10:10:11PM

Posted by kopower

Same here.

This was my FOTN.
infestructure
11/11/12 10:17:28PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by kopower

Same here.

This was my FOTN.

Hell yeah. I even picked Gomi/Danzig as FOTN before the event, so won on the side game, but fully believe Tuck/Zhang deserved it, great sportsmanship, and both guys tried their hardest to leave it all in the cage.

I like the Macau crowd, a few boos, but they quickly got drowned out by cheers. No drunken yobbos either
sparky
11/11/12 10:22:19PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by kopower

Same here.

This was my FOTN.

These two went to war Cung is right definitely FOTN in my opinion. Dana made a mistake giving it to Gomi and Danzig.
prozacnation1978
11/12/12 2:34:32PM
That was my first guess too