Fuel TV Re-Brands as Fox Sports 2, Launches Alongside Fox Sports 1; Will Still Feature UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fuel TV Re-Brands as Fox Sports 2, Launches Alongside Fox Sports 1; Will Still Feature UFC
FastKnockout
8/6/13 8:15:16PM
It’s been one of the worst kept secrets in TV land, but Fuel TV is officially going to get the re-branding treatment on Aug. 17.

Link
Webbie
8/6/13 8:20:56PM
As long as it still features the UFC I couldn't care less what the channels are called
pmoney
8/6/13 10:50:52PM
Glad to hear this! I was very worried about losing a significant amount of UFC content. FUEL TV may as well be UFC TV, and quite frankly I've grown accustomed to that. Old TUF, old Fight Nights, new Fight Nights, weigh ins, etc etc. Replays of Fox and FX prelims and main cards next day, I gotta have it!
prophecy033
8/6/13 11:54:00PM
Fuel came first so shouldn't that technically be Fox Sports 1?
TheShaman
8/7/13 12:17:51AM
Any word on if either channel will cost extra if you already receive SPEED (FS1) and FUEL (FS2)? Also, is there some contract issue between Fox and Directv over the new channels?

Since there's going to be FS2, that makes me worried that they will charge extra for FS1 after it is no longer SPEED (or the other way around). I'm particularly concerned about Directv since that's what I have. However this question is also relevant to all carriers.
FastKnockout
8/7/13 2:28:52AM

Posted by pmoney

Glad to hear this! I was very worried about losing a significant amount of UFC content. FUEL TV may as well be UFC TV, and quite frankly I've grown accustomed to that. Old TUF, old Fight Nights, new Fight Nights, weigh ins, etc etc. Replays of Fox and FX prelims and main cards next day, I gotta have it!

I love the channel when it comes to UFC Toight, Weigh-Ins, etc but honestly everything else isn't that great. They just keep showing replays of recent events/unleashed episodes and a select few old fight nights. I just wish they had more variety considering how much content they have locked inside their 'vault' from UFC, WEC, and Pride.
pmoney
8/7/13 3:17:05AM

Posted by FastKnockout

I love the channel when it comes to UFC Toight, Weigh-Ins, etc but honestly everything else isn't that great. They just keep showing replays of recent events/unleashed episodes and a select few old fight nights. I just wish they had more variety considering how much content they have locked inside their 'vault' from UFC, WEC, and Pride.

I feel that! They do play Pride, but not enough. WEC events (or WEC Wreckage) would be sweet. Also, Fox Deportes plays "UFC Classics", I've seen them play from UFC 1 to UFC 15. Id like to see those on Fuel, in english
BillsNewAccount
8/7/13 12:33:55PM

Posted by TheShaman

Any word on if either channel will cost extra if you already receive SPEED (FS1) and FUEL (FS2)? Also, is there some contract issue between Fox and Directv over the new channels?

Since there's going to be FS2, that makes me worried that they will charge extra for FS1 after it is no longer SPEED (or the other way around). I'm particularly concerned about Directv since that's what I have. However this question is also relevant to all carriers.

My cable providers says if you get Speed you'll get Fox Sports 1 but with just 1 transition day before the fights it makes me a little nervous too.
prozacnation1978
8/7/13 1:47:47PM
Fuel here is a paid program. None of my friends have it but me. Definetely they will come over