POLL: Where would you hit?
Chin 40% (21)
Temple 21% (11)
Ear 6% (3)
Nose 23% (12)
Other 11% (6)
kopower
7/24/08 12:30:00AM
So I'm a bit bored and got to wondering about when Demacio Page dropped his hands against Scott Jorgensen in the WEC giving him a free shot to his head. If you were given the opportunity in a fight to land a free shot to the head using fists or elbows, where would it be? Nose, temple, ear, chin or somewhere else.

I might have to go with a superman punch to the chin ala Sandman Irvin
Twenty20Dollars
7/24/08 12:34:48AM
im going to say temple cus that can really throw you off and rock you.
Mchubb316
7/24/08 12:36:30AM
I'd have to say right or left hook to the chin. Good night!
Jackelope
7/24/08 12:58:44AM
Mastoid process with a right hook
Basshandsome
7/24/08 12:59:53AM
I am going for the low blow
Twenty20Dollars
7/24/08 1:16:14AM

Posted by Basshandsome

I am going for the low blow

im not trying to be an ass, but you do realize this thread is about taking a free "head" shot. so low blow wouldnt be an answer.
telnights
7/24/08 2:07:09AM
This depends on a few things. Do they have there chin tucked. Which way the are moving or just standing there. If there chin is tucked the temple is a good shot. I prefer just behind and under the ear I have always found it to do the job. This really isn't the chin but also isn't the ear either its a little of both.
Mungooch
7/24/08 4:53:40AM
Thumb to the eye
king_katool
7/24/08 6:21:58AM
if he's just plain old standing there its gotta be a power right hook to the chin, if he's in a stance with his chin tucked i'd probly go with a straight jab to the nose, once the nose busts in a fights the clock starts clicking
Jackelope
7/24/08 9:19:42AM

Posted by telnights

This depends on a few things. Do they have there chin tucked. Which way the are moving or just standing there. If there chin is tucked the temple is a good shot. I prefer just behind and under the ear I have always found it to do the job. This really isn't the chin but also isn't the ear either its a little of both.

Yep, that's the mastoid process. Best place to hit someone to take away their balance. See Cote vs. Grove for an example
Aaronno9
7/24/08 9:24:28AM
Id go for the nose. I wouldnt really want to knock them out with a free shot becouse it would seem cheap, but i wouldn't mind breaking or blooding up their nose for being so cocky.
big_timmy
7/24/08 9:36:43AM
Straight right to the nose. Once you break the nose pretty badly, there breathing is thrown off, they start worrying about it, and the slightest jabs hurt a lot more on an already broken nose.

Of course the good ol' hook to the jaw, ala pretty much any knockout highlight video you wanna watch. But im looking to mess the bloke up a little. Make he remember me. And not to mention the twin shiners the next day.
jomatty
7/24/08 9:59:24AM
overhand right to the chin or temple depending on how they are standing. big old wild overhand...lotsa power and it doesnt matter that it is easy to avoid cause its a free shot...
Mattchoo
7/24/08 10:25:36AM
Id dish out a huge haymaker of a hook right in the corner of the jaw bone, if it doesnt knock them out itl be sure to rock them or put them into some sort of mess.

If someone was giving away a free shot though, I would go straight for the headkick, perfectly landed roundhouse to the jaw wouldnt go down too well on the recieving end!
Mastodon2
7/24/08 2:00:05PM
Roundhouse elbow straight on the temple, almost a surefire KO. That, or a downward slicing Muay Thai elbow (can't ever recall seeing one used in MMA!) to the brow, causes horrendous cuts very easily.
The_Ho_Bag
7/24/08 2:07:03PM
Roundhouse to head=KTFO
SpiderSilva
7/24/08 11:17:32PM
I go with a roundhouse followed by a spinning backfist this would really end it
murphy_16
7/26/08 12:40:33PM
like the anthony johnson fight nice open hand jab into the eyes then land a nice right haymaker to the chin
blkssncpt
7/27/08 12:15:20AM
i'd say right hook under the ear right at the end of the jaw.

-Rob
bls1919
7/27/08 12:34:59AM
Over-hand right ala chuck to the point of the chin, is devastating while a guy is moving let alone standing still letting you throw it
candynuts
7/27/08 4:42:21PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

im not trying to be an ass, but you do realize this thread is about taking a free "head" shot. so low blow wouldnt be an answer.

Couldnt you argue though that a low blow could potentially be a "head" shot? lol

Anyway, a left hook to the chin ala Derrick Jefferson/ Maurice Harris
casey64
7/27/08 6:01:31PM
Chin, end of thread.
Boo_Radley21
7/28/08 2:53:43PM
I'd go for the nose. Once it's broken it'll take away some of the other guys heart.
JBatch
7/28/08 3:51:45PM
I would go with BLS on this one. I'd be sendin a Chuck overhand right to the chin. Next the right hook to the chin and last the right uppercut to the chin. Watch Hunt let Sefo punch him in the face, Hunt is one scary dude.