Freddie Roach set to work first MMA Event, Will Corner arlovski in Affliction Fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Freddie Roach set to work first MMA Event, Will Corner arlovski in Affliction Fight
juanez13
6/17/08 5:26:25PM
Legendary boxing guru Freddie Roach — who has trained a long list of superstars including Oscar De La Hoya, Mike Tyson, Bernard Hopkins, and James Toney, Manny Pacquiao — will enter the world of mixed martial arts on July 19th, when he’ll be working the corner of Andrei Arlovski at Affliction: Banned. According to Fighthype, Arlovski has been developing his hands at Roach’s Wild Card Gym in Los Angeles, in preparation for his bout against Miletich-trained bruiser Ben Rothwell.

LINK
SmileR
6/17/08 5:32:01PM
Dam! Andrei will tool Ben then..... no questions asked Arlovski second round highlight reel KO!!!
MMAcca
6/17/08 5:56:56PM
Arlovski now has a world class boxing coach = look out most HWs
juanez13
6/17/08 6:02:28PM

Posted by MMAcca

Arlovski now has a world class boxing coach = look out most HWs

yea, thats gonna help his game tremendously, his speed + great boxing, kicks etc....he could become one of the best strikers in mma, only question mark left is his chin + his confidence (has shown lack of confidence last few fights, unwillingness to trade etc...)
SmileR
6/17/08 6:08:05PM

Posted by juanez13
yea, thats gonna help his game tremendously, his speed + great boxing, kicks etc....he could become one of the best strikers in mma, only question mark left is his chin + his confidence (has shown lack of confidence last few fights, unwillingness to trade etc...)

YOU KNOW THE RULES MAN.... I will hunt you down regardless of if you're in my fight camp or not!!!

He'll be back... you mark my words.......... He'll be back with vengeance!!
Frost_777
6/17/08 6:28:24PM
I think this is great for arlovski and personaly i don't see this as a come back i see this as a start to an amazing career and with his sambo and improved boxing skills i think he will beat fedor one day you'll see
casketcoin
6/17/08 7:04:02PM
and just when i thought rothwells head couldnt get any fatter......