Franklin Wanderlei, who wins?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Franklin Wanderlei, who wins?
seanfu
5/2/09 1:51:40AM
This one is close, last I checked it was actually dead 50/50

I think it's very tough for Wanderlei, I don't give him much of a chance to win. Fighting at a lower weight I don't think will matter much. I see Franklin taking this one by physicality in the clinch and at a distance. I don't see Wanderlei posing a threat in the clinch.

HOWEVER, if Franklin decides to trade we all know you might as well flip a coin, I mean the Rampage fight was a literal flip of the coin, they were both rocked and almost knocked out due to punches.

But I have to take Franklin by a decisive enough decision.
Jackelope
5/2/09 2:00:27AM
Don't count Wandy out, Franklin has shown a weakness to knees from the clinch, so we'll see.

I had it broken down in my head, but then I started thinking about some other stuff. This fight has a lot of really interesting dynamics to it. I want to say that Franklin should take it pretty handily, but you never know.
Aaronno9
5/2/09 4:50:12AM
It depends how Franklin takes the fight imo. If he wants to stand and bang with Wand, theres a good chance hes going to get knocked out. But in the past Wandy has show some poor TDD, and ace has some pretty decent GnP, and good sub defence, so if I was part of his camp, id be thinking up a gameplan invlolving getting the fight to the mat.
Pookie
5/2/09 5:51:12AM
Wandy has faster hands and vicious power, and franklin has a tendency to move his whole body forward when he strikes, plus i dont think franklin has enough power to even keep wandy off of him.

I think wand is going to take this due to how the styles match-up
mkiv9secsupra
5/2/09 10:00:41AM
The hand speed and KO power advantage go to Wandy. That spells disaster for Franklin. Franklin doesnt have the reach to keep Wandy at bay either. Liddell just barely had the reach to keep Wandy from closing in so i doubt Rich will be able to keep Silva off of him.
Also Franklin has underrated BJJ but Wandy is just as underrated there and i would give a slight advantage to Wandy.

Please let the winner of this match fight the loser of Bisping/Henderson!!!
Franklinfan47
5/2/09 10:41:21AM
Both great strikers, great fighters, great guys, and both want a win desperately.

I think the difference here will be who has the superior power and who can land the first big shot first. I think their both pretty similar and even in their styles and strengths.

Im taking Franklin by KO in the 2nd just because I think he will pick wandy apart and put him down. Sorry wand
bsh162007
5/2/09 12:41:16PM
yeah this is a very close match up i still dont know who i am going to pick to win .. if it goes all 3 rounds i definitely give the advantage to franklin but wandy has the power to end his night with one punch
nickcuc547
5/2/09 2:22:34PM
very close fight but i think franklin wins with technique and footwork. but it doesn't get much tougher to predict.
TimW001
5/2/09 3:20:28PM
I think the smarter pick would be Franklin. But I love Wanderlei, and I'm putting all my support behind him.
BEATDOWNS
5/2/09 9:55:52PM
Franklin will win this one.
prozacnation1978
5/3/09 8:45:10PM
i like franklin alot but if wanderli was smart he would clinch him and throw knees silva styl e to him
i think it ends in decision right now i don't know
Wolfenstein
5/4/09 1:45:54AM
Something tells me Franklin is the safer pick, but I'm going with Wanderlei in this one. I think Franklin is more of a "pick you apart striker" as opposed to KO striker. That should open up the window for Wanderlei to press forward and dominate inside the clinch--without worrying about getting KO'd coming in recklessly.
cmill21
5/4/09 2:03:53AM
I've started to take a different approach to fights...I pick the guy who has more ways to win the fight. I thought Chuck would UD Shogun, but picked Shogun because he could win by sub, KO or UD. Just one example but I think Wand has more then one way to win where as I see Franklin with the UD only.
MMAcca
5/4/09 3:02:40AM

Posted by cmill21

I've started to take a different approach to fights...I pick the guy who has more ways to win the fight. I thought Chuck would UD Shogun, but picked Shogun because he could win by sub, KO or UD. Just one example but I think Wand has more then one way to win where as I see Franklin with the UD only.

This is something i've been looking at lately too and is the exact reason why i picked Shogun over Chuck, even though i thought he would gas after 45 seconds
Franklinfan47
5/4/09 12:52:40PM

Posted by cmill21

I can see Franklin getting a KO here also, very powerful striker.
Dragoslav
5/4/09 2:45:21PM
I'm calling Wandy on this one due to the one reason no one has brought up yet.... Rich Franklin's weak chin.