Rich (T)KO 2% (1)
Rich Sub 0% (0)
Rich Dec. 50% (28)
Vitor (T)KO 43% (24)
Vitor Sub 0% (0)
Vitor Dec. 5% (3)
Aaronno9
7/31/09 2:32:31PM
Just saw it announced during the press conference, thought Id get the ball rolling. Who takes it? Its at 205 which is a little dissapointing, I wanted to see Vitor vs Wand II at MW. This fight will still be awesome though. I got Ace with a TKO in the 3rd. Cant wait.

ThaAxeMurderer7
7/31/09 2:41:31PM
I think I'm gonna go with Rich UD. Rich needs to be careful though. We all know what Vitor is capable of.
chickmagnet
7/31/09 2:41:32PM
Vitor by tko, he is faster, has a better chin, and is more powerful.
Hendo67
7/31/09 2:42:21PM
Hopefully Vitor
joshryanshepherd
7/31/09 2:49:26PM
Love ya Rich, but this match-up is not in your favor...

Vitor rd 1 KO

gonna be great!
KaibaThedon
7/31/09 2:53:12PM
Gotta go with Ace's technical ability and wicked kickboxing.

He'll take a 29-28 Unanimous.
Irish_Pride
7/31/09 3:39:43PM
I think as long as Franklin fights carefully and takes his time. Avoid Vitor's big shots and I think he should be able to pull out a decision against Belfort.
chickmagnet
7/31/09 4:25:59PM
I have to add that Vitor has been re focused and much better than he used to be. He just knocked out Lindland who is very tough and durable. I dont see Rich being able to defend the onslaught that Vitor will inflict. Vitor is strong, fast and has never been KO'd. He has been in the wars that define a warrior, he has had many personal struggles, and hardships. Recently we have seen a new era of Vitor, and I can only expect him to time one of Rich's combinations and than rush him with that incredible speed.
prozacnation1978
7/31/09 7:13:17PM
i don't know if it was at 185 i would go with belfort but belfort has had alot of bad luck at 205 weight
i don't know yet
tepid55
7/31/09 7:37:52PM
I think Franklin will win a decision due to his size advantage.
sclasclemski
7/31/09 8:27:36PM
I chose Vitor UD but after reading some posts I think I have been swayed to TKO...I kinda forgot how bad the Lindland KO was and while Rich is the man I think Vitor has been looking Phenomenal lately while in my opinion Rich has showed alot of Fire out there
joshryanshepherd
7/31/09 10:06:37PM
poll is 14-14 at the moment....HOT BOUT!
deezyo
8/1/09 12:41:20AM
rich by dec.
ncordless
8/1/09 1:09:32AM
I think it's telling that the people who vote for Rich think he will pull off a close decision, whereas the people pulling for Vitor think he will KO Ace.
slapshot
8/1/09 1:27:16AM

Posted by chickmagnet

I have to add that Vitor has been re focused and much better than he used to be. He just knocked out Lindland who is very tough and durable. I dont see Rich being able to defend the onslaught that Vitor will inflict. Vitor is strong, fast and has never been KO'd. He has been in the wars that define a warrior, he has had many personal struggles, and hardships. Recently we have seen a new era of Vitor, and I can only expect him to time one of Rich's combinations and than rush him with that incredible speed.

Even if he beats Rich how is he going to get by all the fighters with a strong wrestling background?

Lindland is not the same fighter he was and is 100% past his prime, he is the worst example IMO.

The thing I look at is will Vitor be able to catch Rich in a rush? Id have to say no, Rich is too smart for that and has good footwork so I just dont see him moving straight backwards.

Even hurt Franklin is very hard to put away, my thought is that Vitor will rush and Rich will sidestep and counter, toss out some leg kicks and slow Belfort down. I would not be surprised to see Rich take a licking and keep on ticking in the first round and then give a licking in the last two.

Aaronno9
8/1/09 7:07:58AM
I think Rich might go back to using the clinch against Vitor. I think he'll be bigger come fight day, and he'll just wear Vitor down then finish him when hes gassed in the 3rd.
copcopps
8/1/09 11:49:05AM

Posted by chickmagnet

Vitor by tko, he is faster, has a better chin, and is more powerful.

ditto
gartface
8/1/09 12:37:20PM
I'm reading all of these replies and I'm getting the impression that people believe Rich Franklin to have a weak chin.

I think Rich will work his kickboxing using body kicks much like he did against Wanderlei and Matt Hamill and outpoint Vitor. I know that Vitor knocked out Matt Lindland but so did David Terell, in very similar fashion... Lindland doesn't have the chin of his Temecula teammate.

I'm not saying that Vitor isn't great, but I think people overlook Rich Franklin way too much in this stage of his career, and it kind of ticks me off. The guy has done nothing but win, with the exception to losing two fights to the world's best middleweight, a fight with the world's best light heavyweight, and a split decision with a true pound for pound warrior.
sclasclemski
8/1/09 2:26:06PM
Don't get too emotional over it...honestly I love RIch but I just feel its Vitors time once again...I wish this wasn't the fight that was happening because I really don't wish for either of these guys to lose right now...I think alot of people feel that way.
chickmagnet
8/5/09 1:23:28PM

Posted by gartface

I'm reading all of these replies and I'm getting the impression that people believe Rich Franklin to have a weak chin.

I think Rich will work his kickboxing using body kicks much like he did against Wanderlei and Matt Hamill and outpoint Vitor. I know that Vitor knocked out Matt Lindland but so did David Terell, in very similar fashion... Lindland doesn't have the chin of his Temecula teammate.

I'm not saying that Vitor isn't great, but I think people overlook Rich Franklin way too much in this stage of his career, and it kind of ticks me off. The guy has done nothing but win, with the exception to losing two fights to the world's best middleweight, a fight with the world's best light heavyweight, and a split decision with a true pound for pound warrior.

Im not over looking Rich Franklin at all. I saw the fight against Wanderlei, Wanderei caught him with a big shot and had him in some trouble but he was to wild and out of control to land precise strikes after that. Vitor is much more fast, crisp, and technically better than Wanderlei.

It confuses me when people make it sound like Vitor will stand in front of Franklin and get body kicked all night. Vitor has the fastest hands ive seen in MMA, and I think Rich will be in trouble trying to use his akward style of punching.

Vitor by tko