franklin vs okami

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » franklin vs okami
keith-hackney1
5/13/07 8:31:44AM
I gotta point this out guys, when franklin beat mcdonald, he looked shattered. He nelt down smiled in the camera and shook his head as if to say, he was pushed in that fight and expected to win quicker.
Okami on the other hand, patient, calm and collective with swick and pulled off the decision, which after seeing the whole fight again, i had him down 3-0 rounds therfor he won that fight.
Is Okami the underdog in this fight considering he's 4-0 in the ufc and franklin is 8-1. Im going for an upset, pm me for wagers. Okami has to finish in this fight, i dont see him winning a decision, dana wont allow franklin to loose a decision so i hope okami finishes him. Okami 3rd round win.
cheers
zephead
5/13/07 10:04:44AM
I wonder how much Okami's strength is going to bother Franklin?
FrankDukes
5/13/07 10:44:16AM
I would say that Franklin will have no problem with Yushin's strength. I think it will be a long night for Okami. I'm a huge Franklin fan though, so maybe I am biased.

I love how everyone is saying that he has a win over Anderson Silva. What a joke.
Damien6663
5/13/07 10:55:32AM
This is a real toss up fight for me, on one hand i think okami will be able to get him on the ground. On the other Okami was shakey in some exchanges with swick, and Ace when he is on has great hands.
skiba97
5/13/07 11:10:30AM
Rich did look tired after the macdonald fight, but i think his cardios better than okamis. Rich beat on the crow for 5 rounds and looked like he could of gone another, whereas okami hit swick abut 40 times in the third round of their fight and swick looked fine, okami was totally gassed. Also, he got rocked by swick twice, and i think rich hits alot harder than swick, just not as fast. imo, rich takes this without to much trouble.
methodman_90
5/13/07 12:30:07PM
I think Rich can stop Okami in the 3rd round if Okami gasses like he did against Swick
tepid55
5/13/07 12:37:40PM
I think Okami will win by unanimous decision.
goldenone
5/13/07 12:41:44PM
Much more interesting prospect than Franklin v Kampmann would have been. Still think 'Ace' will have too much for him but it's gonna be a close one.
DevMahon
5/13/07 2:54:18PM
I think one of the major factors playing into the Swick-Okami fight was that Okami could just muscle Swick around, which he certainly won't be able to do with Franklin. Also, as has already been mentioned, Okami did look a little tired going into that last round and Franklin is famous for his cardio so that should be another point for his side.

I think the main factor in this fight is where it takes place. If Franklin's TD defense is good enough to negate Okami's takedowns, then his superior striking should be able to garner him the win. If, however, Okami drags him down and gets on top of him, it'll be a long night for Franklin.

Having said that, Franklin by TKO.
JBatch
5/13/07 3:01:47PM

Posted by DevMahon

I think one of the major factors playing into the Swick-Okami fight was that Okami could just muscle Swick around, which he certainly won't be able to do with Franklin. Also, as has already been mentioned, Okami did look a little tired going into that last round and Franklin is famous for his cardio so that should be another point for his side.

I think the main factor in this fight is where it takes place. If Franklin's TD defense is good enough to negate Okami's takedowns, then his superior striking should be able to garner him the win. If, however, Okami drags him down and gets on top of him, it'll be a long night for Franklin.

Having said that, Franklin by TKO.

As for the overpowering comment you made it is in theory correct but in practice we have seen Franklin overpowered before and it could happen again. Okami could try to utilize the clinch to wear Franklin down and then drag him to the mat.

That being said I do not see Okami having a huge power advantage and he did get rocked once or twice by Swick's punches so Franklin's hands could present a huge problem.

I will stick with my previous statement and say this one is going to the judges scorecards and could go either way based on your comment of "who can dictate where the fight takes place."
the-james
5/13/07 5:08:03PM

Posted by methodman_90

I think Rich can stop Okami in the 3rd round if Okami gasses like he did against Swick

How did Okami gas against Swick? he took it to Swick in the third and pounded on his face for 3 minutes, the fight sould have been stopped

Mastodon2
5/13/07 7:03:40PM
I think Rich cannot afford to underestimate Okami. I think Okami is stronger than Rich, and will clinch with Ace and wear him down, then take him down and GnP him probably into a Unanimous verdict.

I know Rich is the favourite, and the fans love him, but I think Okami is a dark horse for the title here!
keith-hackney1
5/20/07 3:54:45PM
okami is favourite for the upset, Is it me or are all the big dogs are loosing this year ??
Ultimate_fighter
5/20/07 4:06:04PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

okami is favourite for the upset, Is it me or are all the big dogs are loosing this year ??

Franklin wont lose tho, he has such a big build. He will take it for sure.