Franklin vs. Lutter

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Franklin vs. Lutter
POLL: Who will win?
Rich Franklin 85% (33)
Travis Lutter 15% (6)
chickmagnet
3/16/08 2:04:41PM
Interesting style match-up, everyone knows that Franklin wants to keep it on the feet and Lutter wants to take it down, overall i think Rich is more well rounded, but Lutter is a master on the ground, if this fight goes to the ground than Rich will lose, but i dont see that happening, I see Rich pressing Lutter on the feet and landing some shots, Lutter will have a few failed takedowns attempts but this fight will take place on the feet.

Franklin by U.D.
JimiMak
3/16/08 2:19:23PM
Tough call for me. I think Rich is a little more focused and experienced. It may come down to that. Travis took down AS, so he can prob'ly get Rich down... but can he finish him there? will it be stood back up? Their so evenly matched in opposite areas that it makes it hard to pick.

I like Travis and don't like Rich, but I have to go w/ Rich on this one.
bullettdodger
3/16/08 3:00:32PM
I picked Franklin but for argument's sake i will take Lutter, I think Lutter can weather punishment fairly decently, we know Franklin won't submit him if it does hit the mat. So the only real question here is can Lutter get it there... and i think the answer is yes. He got our current middle weight champ there as was stated above and that is not easy feat. We all know MMAth doesn't always work but he did last longer that Rich did if i'm not mistaken, in a triangle, taking elbow strikes to the crown area of his dome... so for me i think this will be a good fight that will hinge on one thing, who can keep it in their comfort zone. Personally i think Lutter will be able to take Rich down... but Rich will have to know that Lutter is going to try and take it to the mat so i hope he trains Take Down Defense, either way it should be a fairly short night for both fighters regardless of who wins.
Martin-666
3/16/08 3:16:49PM
Travis Lutter
casey64
3/16/08 3:19:08PM

Posted by Martin-666

Travis Lutter

Disagree I got Franklin U.D though
NatedawgThaM
3/16/08 3:22:50PM
Wow, if you want a reason not to buy this pay per view, this is it. This might be the most boringest fight ever. Either Lutter is going to lay on Franklin the ground and win the decision since he won't sub franklin or Franklin is going to LNP against the cage.

No exchanges in this folks. Rich might throw a nice combo but then Lutter will shoot and take him down to lay on him or Rich will stuff and hold him against the cage in the clinch to prevent the takedown.

So not looking forward to this fight. Rich by decision.
disturbed_fighter
3/17/08 10:11:44AM
tough to call but im picking lutter. he is way underestimated
JWils
3/17/08 10:55:23AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Wow, if you want a reason not to buy this pay per view, this is it. This might be the most boringest fight ever. Either Lutter is going to lay on Franklin the ground and win the decision since he won't sub franklin or Franklin is going to LNP against the cage.

Boringest? Is that even a word??

Is "Lay-n-Pray" against the cage even possible??

Anyway, I see this fight kind of going like Franklin vs. MacDonald. But, I think it will take Franklin 1 round longer to finish Lutter. I'm saying Franklin 3rd Round TKO.

Aaronno9
3/17/08 12:02:14PM
I think ace will get a 3rd tko. Im glad hes training with amc for this fight, training with barnett and hume should really help prepare him for lutter if the fight goes to the ground (im not sure if i think lutter will beable to take ace down in the first place though). I think rich will really beat lutter up in the clinch, and i guess it just depends how good lutters chin is and how much punishment he can take as to wether rich gets a tko or decision. Im not counting lutter out, everybody knows how dangerous he can be, i just cant see him being able to sub franklin.
NatedawgThaM
3/17/08 1:38:32PM

Posted by JWils

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Boringest? Is that even a word??

Is "Lay-n-Pray" against the cage even possible??

Anyway, I see this fight kind of going like Franklin vs. MacDonald. But, I think it will take Franklin 1 round longer to finish Lutter. I'm saying Franklin 3rd Round TKO.

Question 1= No, but it should be
Quesntion 2= Yes ask Randy and Big Tim, they do it most of the time
gsquat
3/17/08 2:18:33PM
Ya know, when I first saw this matchup I said, "Lutter will win it." But then I thought about it some more and really see Rich winning by decision. It'll be a pretty boring fight with lots of ground action. Travis will attempt several submissions but will fail with all. Believe it or not I'd like to see Silva v Franklin one more time, but I wish Rich would make it his sole intention to take the fight to the ground.

Conclusion: Franklin UD
whardin19
3/17/08 2:47:17PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

No exchanges in this folks. Rich might throw a nice combo but then Lutter will shoot and take him down to lay on him or Rich will stuff and hold him against the cage in the clinch to prevent the takedown.

So not looking forward to this fight. Rich by decision.

I have to disagree on that. I'm not sure Lutter will be able to take Franklin down and hold him there. Franklin is one of the strongest guys at MW. So I think he'll dictate where this fight will take place. Whether he wants it on the ground(which I don't think he does) or on his feet(where he'll probably want it).
pv3Hpv3p
3/17/08 2:50:43PM
I see this fight going down a lot like Rich vs J-Mac...

Franklin gets the TKO in this one, and proves that he's better than all the middle weights in the UFC, except the one that counts...
Gipper
3/17/08 8:36:58PM
rich is to strong. i see this fight going the same way as the macdonald fight.
Kpro
3/18/08 1:16:52AM
As an interesting side note; of course Matt Hume's AMC Pankration gym is in Kirkland, WA.

This recent weekend, Anderson Silva had a seminar in Seattle on Saturday & Sunday 1-4pm. I personally saw him Liquid Lime in Kirkland Thursday night. So he was in town for a minimum of 4 days.

I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson helped Rich a little bit for this fight.
bullettdodger
3/18/08 1:17:07AM

Posted by Gipper

rich is to strong. i see this fight going the same way as the macdonald fight.

I think Lutter is more experienced than MacDonald is, not trying to take anything away from MacDonald but I think Lutter will be able to take Rich down and submit him by the end of the 2nd round or midway through the 3rd.. but i think he needs to survive to get there. If Rich is fresh, unless it is particularly slick, i don't see him getting taken down.
joshjr
3/18/08 5:06:22AM
I was suprised how well Lutter did against Silva and I would not count him out against Franklin. That being said I still think Franklin is to well rounded. If Rich does lose again I am not sure who he would fight after that. I hope he returns to his winning ways.