Franklin vs Kampmann Sounds good...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Franklin vs Kampmann Sounds good...
POLL: Who wins?
Franklin 79% (23)
Kampmann 21% (6)
shackle
4/5/07 12:19:32PM
I think this will be a great fight.

Who do you see taking this fight.

I say franklin round 2 GNP or submission, But I could see it going either way.
hippysmacker
4/5/07 12:23:11PM
I would rather see the winner of Swick/okami vs Ace. I think they are kind of throwing Kamomann tot he wolves. He's good ,but really undersized in this fight, against a fighter of Franklin's caliber. He should move to 170 if doesn't show well. I saw an interview with him where he said he doesn't even cut to make 185. I predict he'll change his mind after this fight
shackle
4/5/07 12:25:35PM
Yeah thats a good idea, but I still think this will be a OK fight.

Hopefully a war.

winner of swick/okami would be better for setting up the contender IMO.

Posted by hippysmacker

I would rather see the winner of Swick/okami vs Ace. I think they are kind of throwing Kamomann tot he wolves. He's good ,but really undersized in this fight, against a fighter of Franklin's caliber. He should move to 170 if doesn't show well. I saw an interview with him where he said he doesn't even cut to make 185. I predict he'll change his mind after this fight

ffforgottenx
4/5/07 12:44:23PM
should've just added this to my thread here buddy

haha but yea.. i think it will be a good matchup, but i dont see kampmann coming out on top.. hes a good striker, but rich is more crisp and hits harder.. we have seen him on the ground a few times, and know he can finish a fight by submission, but rich isn't exactly a slouch on the ground.. i think it will be a good fight, but Franklin by 2nd round KO
shackle
4/5/07 1:01:13PM
Na I added a poll to this one.

Thats why I made a new post.

Posted by ffforgottenx

haha but yea.. i think it will be a good matchup, but i dont see kampmann coming out on top.. hes a good striker, but rich is more crisp and hits harder.. we have seen him on the ground a few times, and know he can finish a fight by submission, but rich isn't exactly a slouch on the ground.. i think it will be a good fight, but Franklin by 2nd round KO

pv3Hpv3p
4/5/07 1:19:08PM

Posted by hippysmacker

... maybe they didn't want to give Rich that much time off, but he should be fighting the winner of the Okami / Swick fight...

I was really hoping they would give Rich a better test, not taking anything away from Kampmann, but Rich should be fighting a more established fighter and Martin should be aloud to mature a little more slowly before taking on such a formidable challenge.
loller90278
4/5/07 1:23:15PM
im taking kampann by KO/TKO or SUB..

call me nuts. but i think rich stinks and the future belongs to kampmann
im open for wagers on this fight
skiba97
4/5/07 1:33:19PM
I havnt seen much in kampmanns game that says he could beat rich. I think rich will just prove to strong for him, not to take anything away from kampmann i think hes a great fighter, but he could be better at 170. Id probably say 2nd round tko for rich.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/5/07 1:35:58PM
Franklin has been looking spooked lately...being that scared while fighting is harsh to your conditioning...did you see how tired he was at the end of the 1st with Macdonald?...i think this fight will be closer than people think...but yea...Franklin has the edge....still voted for Kampmann though........ Meh!
hathcock32
4/5/07 2:01:51PM
Rich is a lot bigger 185 then Kampman. Kampman desperately better try to bring it to the ground. If he trys to slug with Rich, this one will end early.
hippysmacker
4/5/07 2:12:34PM

Posted by shackle

Na I added a poll to this one.

Thats why I made a new post.

Posted by ffforgottenx

Actually, if I had noticed the other thread I would have deleted this one, because it was 2nd. My bad. We really don't need 2 related threads on the same topic. It's been slow lately with no fight's, so we have been lenient ,or lax, depending on your perspective. Usually I delete the 2nd thread , but this one has usurped it. This once I will delete the first thread. I was tired when I spotted this , and didn't check the pages. Again my bad.
JBatch
4/5/07 2:35:24PM
Rich vs. Kampmann is a little weird to me. It seems they either really want Rich to fal in the rankings or know they have a lot of up and comming 185's so they have no problem throwing these rising fighters to a former champ. They definetly don;t get the protection the TUF alumni get.
hippysmacker
4/5/07 2:48:45PM

Posted by JBatch

Rich vs. Kampmann is a little weird to me. It seems they either really want Rich to fal in the rankings or know they have a lot of up and comming 185's so they have no problem throwing these rising fighters to a former champ. They definetly don;t get the protection the TUF alumni get.

Could be your right. I think it more likely they want to show people that have been impressive on TV or PPV lately. McDonald is an example to me. I know he's improved and all , but I've never seen him as even top 15. However, he had victory's in front of a lot of people over fighter's the more casual fan would notice. So they throw him to Ace , figuring he'll put Ace over. Just my opinion, but I'm sure they see a lot of money ahead for a Silva/Franklin rematch. Smart promoting, but I still would have liked to see him fight the winner of Swick/Okami.
loller90278
4/5/07 3:06:02PM
i'd rather see swick vs kampmann (maybe they'll fight for #1 contender) after rich loses in the re-match
hippysmacker
4/5/07 4:13:26PM

Posted by loller90278

As soon as it's up, I will send you a wager
Conebone69
4/5/07 4:37:43PM
I would rather see Kampmann fight someone like Jason MacDonald. Ace should be fighting the loser of Swick vs Okami.

Hopefully this will get Kampmann to drop to 170 sooner rather than later.
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/5/07 8:20:57PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by loller90278

As soon as it's up, I will send you a wager

Send me one too loller. Kampann was getting worked by Mcfedries untill he got caught with a sub. And remember Kampman's backround is kickboxing/muay thai, I really foresee Franklin destroying him.
FortySixBelow
4/6/07 3:54:12AM
So...goodness...here is the thing i am caught on maybe someone can help out...

McFedries hits like a dump truck...I don't even know if Franklin hits harder to be perfectly honest. Drew just had no ground game top speak of...

I actually think Kampmann will be either the same or better standing with Franklin...

Either way he prob wants to take this to ground, prob is it might be tough with Franklin being the heavier stronger 185er...

hmmmm.......
Svartorm
4/6/07 5:19:45AM
This is a tough one to call I think. On one hand, Kampmann has crisp stand-up, and a decent submission game, from what we've seen. Hes also apparently got a pretty good chin to go with it, as Drew tee'd off on his noggin and barely rocked him.

On the other hand, Franklin is primarily a stand-up fighter, but he looked like his timing was a bit off against MacDonald. Luckily, MacDonald doesn't have a stand-up game to speak of, so he couldn't capitalize.

If Franklin has ironed out his stand-up, I think he'll simply pick apart Kampmann and probably force a doctor stoppage in the 2nd via cut or swollen eye. I think Kampmanns real problem here is the size, and that he seems to lack KO power. I'll go with Franklin, but I'll probably wager a bit of cash on Kampmann, just incase.
randyleprechaun
4/6/07 12:58:25PM
I read in another thread that this fight is to happen at UFC 72 in Ireland! I dunno if anyone else knows anything about this?
fedorwins1
4/6/07 2:07:09PM
Kampmann is a great fighter, but it's too soon for Franklin, I also agree that he should go down to 170.