Franklin "Ive heard the ufc pulled my fight off the website for 103"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Franklin "Ive heard the ufc pulled my fight off the website for 103"
Playground_Samurai
7/25/09 1:28:35PM
"Ive heard the ufc pulled my fight off the website for 103. I dont kno y. They hvnt spoken to me @ this, n i assume the fight is still on."

Link to Rich's Twitter

Personally, i'm hoping they go in another direction with both of these guys. Maybe Tito or some of the Affliction guys can make for better match ups at this point.

prozacnation1978
7/25/09 1:38:34PM
my guess is either tito vs rich or hendo vs belfort
but i now highly doubt it will be hendo vs franklin now
Bowen50
7/25/09 2:02:42PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i'd absolutely love to see either one of those match ups.
Twenty20Dollars
7/25/09 2:07:14PM
This fight didnt make any sense anyway. Maybe this will all get cleared up after the press conf. on the 31st
SpiderSilva
7/25/09 2:26:10PM

Those matchups would be sweet but
Hendo vs tito
Franklin vs belfort
Would seem better stiker vs stiker and 2 GnP guys
ChokeUout
7/25/09 2:53:46PM
First off, SpiderSilva, you need to change that "Soon to be 30-2" Barnett theme you got going, lol..j/k

And I bet you it'll be RIch/Tito. That would be by far the biggest Draw of the possibilities that are being discussed in this thread. That being said, i'd LOVE to see Hendo/Vitor as well. Hell, Throw them both on there and save Miller/Escudero for a fight night, where it probably belongs anyway.
Biggz
7/25/09 2:59:22PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Hendo vs tito
Franklin vs belfort

that would be nice, HOWEVER Hendo vs Belfort makes more sense becuase it is a great match up and it keeps Hendo at 185 and Tito vs Franklin is also a great fight and keeps Franklin at 205. that way its a win, win for everybody.
Irish_Pride
7/25/09 3:09:26PM
I hope it's Franklin vs Tito. I really want to see this matchup, I think it's would be a great fight and it's a pretty good test for Rich at 205. Hopefully, Dana White makes an announcement about this on July 31st. Man, I can't wait for that day he said "big things are coming".
mkiv9secsupra
7/25/09 3:09:31PM
personally id rather see Hendo obliterate Tito and Franklin go all out against Belfort, if possible.....
Violence108
7/25/09 3:25:54PM
i didnt know that there was a website for UFC's anymore, if he means the Webpage on UFC.com, i never even saw Him on the card for 103 , they said it in a article, but i looked every day for on the Card to see Rich vs Dan , but it was never on there, they dont ever have Cro Cop on there, i dont know mabye my computers is f'ing up, but i hope they change it, dont get me wrong i would love for them to fight again but not right now
maybe Rich vs. Tito or Dan vs. Vitor , haha or both!!! have a 7 fight main card!!!!
KaibaThedon
7/25/09 3:27:02PM
This is great news! Nobody wanted that match up anyways!

Nightmare27
7/25/09 4:05:52PM
I hope they keep Hendo at MW. Any of the mentioned match ups sound good.

Spidersilva should change that avatar to Josh "The Affliction Assasin" Barnett
Pskinner_mma314
7/25/09 5:19:40PM
I would love for them to put Tito in against somebody he would get abslolutely crushed by, especially at 103 cuz i'm goin. What better for my first live UFC than to see Tito get beat.
joshryanshepherd
7/25/09 5:25:48PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Hendo vs tito
Franklin vs belfort

i agree, Hendo V Tito and Frank V Vitor would be more fun.
SpiderSilva
7/25/09 6:45:41PM
Geeez guys I haven't been home to change it all posts are from my G1 well I guess I have tomorrow off the call will be answered tonight! RIP to the 30-2 and josh barnett av
State_Champ
7/25/09 7:29:33PM
Is anybody else drooling about the possible matches the UFC could put together if they acquire some of Affliction's fighters?
hippysmacker
7/25/09 9:25:26PM
I would like Mousassi/Franklin- Babalu/Tito, and Hendo /Belfort myself. Add 2 of these fights to the card and its great to me.
prozacnation1978
7/25/09 11:41:19PM
grab santiago also
mk1630
7/26/09 1:54:51AM
Hopefully they sign Gerard and have him and Franklin fight instead
the_01
7/26/09 5:54:51AM
Maybe I missed something, but did Ttio come back to the UFC ???
I would like to see Franklin get a title shot at Machida, if not now, very soon.
Pskinner_mma314
7/26/09 4:46:44PM

Posted by the_01

Maybe I missed something, but did Ttio come back to the UFC ???
I would like to see Franklin get a title shot at Machida, if not now, very soon.

Just to make sure, u do know that Machida handed Franklin his very 1st loss, and destroyed him the entire fight?
emfleek
7/27/09 8:11:13AM
Off-topic...but Franklin's a teacher...it pains me to read this headline...even if it *is* a Twitter post.
Wolfenstein
7/27/09 8:26:31AM
Yeah, but he taught home economics so I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it. While he can't use a proper contraction; he can bake a brownie like a mother F'r.
emfleek
7/27/09 8:46:33AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Yeah, but he taught home economics so I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it. While he can't use a proper contraction; he can bake a brownie like a mother F'r.

I'm picturing the apron, oven mitts and the whole nine...
Irish_Pride
7/27/09 2:32:07PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I thought he was a math teacher?
Aaronno9
7/27/09 2:42:38PM

Posted by Irish_Pride

Posted by Wolfenstein

I thought he was a math teacher?

He was.....
JimiMak
7/27/09 10:07:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Off-topic...but Franklin's a teacher...it pains me to read this headline...even if it *is* a Twitter post.

I'm so glad that I wasn't the only one that thought this. I had to check the link because I expected Mr Teacher to at least use some form of grammar or spelling or... something. Really sad (meant in a relative way, obviously it isn't a huge dis on him or as sad as murder etc, just that at teacher of any kind would write like this)

Fortunately some of the matches we've wanted to see at LHW and MW might happen because of this.