Franklin Hamill no way, Franklin should fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Franklin Hamill no way, Franklin should fight
POLL: Fight that makes more sense
Wandy vs. Franklin 43% (27)
Franklin vs. Hamill 57% (36)
MoJoy
7/2/08 5:06:26PM
Wanderlei Silva. Hamill fight makes no sense. First of all this guy is one of the most underated fighters. He really should be undeafted at this point, has improved striking, and is a huge LHW. Franklin was saying how he did not want to fight up and comers making their way towards a title shot, so this dont make sense. It's another division, but that is exactly what Hamill is.With Wanderlei he brings a guy who has instant fame and is still a top talent. I dont care which weightclass they fight in, LHW would be an interesting weightclass decision to watch, I just want to see them fight. Both are coming off wins, so if for the loser it will be alright cause he is fighting a top opponent. Whereas with Franklin Hamill ifl Franklin wins it sets Hamill back, and if Hamill wins, it makes Franklin look bad to the casual fan who is not on the correct level of assesing Hamills elite status. By the way I see a Franklin Matt fight going with Hamill taking a decision. What a awful pick, I hope they make another pick.
bullettdodger
7/2/08 5:14:04PM
After all the nonsense in the Rock Paper Scissors match I am itching for these two to have it out in the octagon! Rich V Wandy FTW!
Pookie
7/2/08 5:14:04PM

Posted by MoJoy

Wanderlei Silva. Hamill fight makes no sense. First of all this guy is one of the most underated fighters. He really should be undeafted at this point, has improved striking, and is a huge LHW. Franklin was saying how he did not want to fight up and comers making their way towards a title shot, so this dont make sense. It's another division, but that is exactly what Hamill is.With Wanderlei he brings a guy who has instant fame and is still a top talent. I dont care which weightclass they fight in, LHW would be an interesting weightclass decision to watch, I just want to see them fight. Both are coming off wins, so if for the loser it will be alright cause he is fighting a top opponent. Whereas with Franklin Hamill ifl Franklin wins it sets Hamill back, and if Hamill wins, it makes Franklin look bad to the casual fan who is not on the correct level of assesing Hamills elite status. By the way I see a Franklin Matt fight going with Hamill taking a decision. What a awful pick, I hope they make another pick.

He should really be undefeated at this point? Why? If you look at who he has beaten and who he has lost too theres a clear line that seperates him from the top level. Putting him against Wandy would be bloody murder btw, franklin doesnt make himself a hard target and comes straight forward, thats not what you want to do against wandy, at all.

I think the hammill match-up is a great one, it pits him against a strong wrestler... can he win a fight where he doesnt have the strength & size advantage? if not then it will show that hes going to have alot of problems at 205. I do see hammill taking this fight as well.
Figsak
7/2/08 5:33:28PM

Posted by Pookie

He should really be undefeated at this point? Why? If you look at who he has beaten and who he has lost too theres a clear line that seperates him from the top level.

And BINGO was his name-o.

I've been telling ppl this forever. In fact somewhere in this mess is a thread where I pointed out all the reasons why Silva beating Franklin wasn't much to boast about because Franklin has been overrated for years. Franklins a tough bastard, but he falters against the big dogs.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/2/08 11:21:10PM
wandy would literally kill franklin. i dont want to see asilva/rich3. I am interested to see him at 205 though. give him jason lambert.
mkiv9secsupra
7/2/08 11:31:24PM
why does Hamill deserve a top contender like wandy? He doesn't yet. Franklin isn't going to be a threat to the title so he should start off with b level fighters. Lets see how Hamill can do against a guy with the experience of Franklin(who is said to be the eqiuvilant of a brown belt in BJJ). Hamill is going to get submitted.....he end
Twenty20Dollars
7/2/08 11:43:31PM
he should fight neither of them. martin kampmann.
bigbubbano23
7/3/08 10:35:50AM
Figsak
7/3/08 1:41:26PM
I've been saying that since the first news of his WC change came out. Screaming it in fact.
coldchillin
7/3/08 2:08:46PM
Franklin-Hamill is a very marketable fight... I think Franklin loses this fight because Hamill will most likely be the stronger of the two and Franklin will just get taken down time and ground n' pounded for three rounds. I think they'll have some interesting exchanges on the feet with Franklin winning most of them forcing Hamill to take him down.

Wanderlai would annihilate Franklin.
Cdellorso
7/29/08 12:34:05AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

why does Hamill deserve a top contender like wandy? He doesn't yet. Franklin isn't going to be a threat to the title so he should start off with b level fighters. Lets see how Hamill can do against a guy with the experience of Franklin(who is said to be the eqiuvilant of a brown belt in BJJ). Hamill is going to get submitted.....he end

He is NOT a top contender.... but neither is Franklin...i dont see franklin winning much less submitting Hammil- at least not if Hammill fights a good game plan- Franklin cant take Hammil down an Hammil is bigger stronger younger and faster-

Hammil via unanimous dec, (IMO) of course
nickcuc547
7/29/08 5:41:53PM
the ufc will not throw rich to the wolves, hammil is a good gate keeper right now, young and inexperienced but with a lot of talent. rich will have his hands full with hammil but a fight with wandy could be embarrassing.
sparky
7/30/08 10:35:08AM
wanderlei would stream roll both rich franklin and matt hamill...........i think that rich and matt is a solid match up tho i think hamill is stronger but has less of a stand up game so he will take it to the ground not realizing rich franklin's jui jitsu game is top notch!!!

my pick is franklin / 3rd rd / submission

i believe hamill is gunna under estimate richs jui jitsu........and get caught!!!!!!
randompunter
7/30/08 1:57:57PM
No way Franklin should fight Wanderlei id say hes only getting used to his new nose.
Wolfenstein
7/30/08 2:53:09PM
It seems like a good matchup to me, because at this point I think the UFC is having a hard time figuring out what to do with Rich.

The problem is Rich can beat anyone at 185 aside from Silva. So you match him up against anyone at 185 and you're just going to be knocking down contenders that could fight Silva.

I'd like to see him fight Kampman as well, but I believe Kampman is injured, which seems to happen a lot or he'd be getting his shot at Silva.

Wanderlei is fighting guys like Jardine and Chuck Lidell, proven 205's. Rich hasn't fought at 205 in a while so it doesn't make a lot of sense for Silva.

Hamill is a wrestler that loves to bang, and he's in for a world of pain if he goes that route with Ace. Rich is one of those guys with heavy hands that doesn't look like he's throwing heavy leather, but next thing you know the guy's head snaps back and poof lights out, wake me up tommorow. Rich might get taken down, but he's going to scramble to his feet several times and bombard Hamill with unorthodox lefts--no question in my mind that Rich takes this one.
SociopathX
7/30/08 9:36:39PM
Wrong... Franklin would lose to Bisping.
Taylor8766
7/31/08 1:38:46PM

Posted by SociopathX

Wrong... Franklin would lose to Bisping.

Franklin would lose to Bisping? haha, Franklin would beat Bisping up bad, don't get me wrong Bisping is a great fighter, and one of my fav's but Rich has way more experiance, and would pick him apart on route to a decision, if he didn't TKO him before.