Franklin By SUB 4% (2)
Franklin By Decision 22% (11)
Hamill By KO/TKO 0% (0)
Hamill By Sub 0% (0)
Hamill By Decision 37% (18)
mrkennedy
7/3/08 5:42:53PM
give me your thoughts

QUESTION:Tath fight it is a light heavyweight or a middleweight Fight ?
Twenty20Dollars
7/3/08 6:07:21PM
fight would be a LHW, hamill is too big to make MW.

My thoughts, this is another bad fight. Franklin doesnt need to be fighting a guy with little MMA experience. Think about it, if franklin wins what does that say? He beat matt hamill who doesnt have the many fights and that would make hamill fall down the ladder.

If hamill wins that is really big for him and bad for rich, because i dont think rich would be the #2 guy at MW anymore.

Franklin should face someone like martin kampmann(that fight was suppose to happen) or thales leites

Hamill should face someone like jason lambert, james lee, or antonio mendes.
mrkennedy
7/3/08 6:26:56PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

My thoughts, this is another bad fight. Franklin doesnt need to be fighting a guy with little MMA experience. Think about it, if franklin wins what does that say? He beat matt hamill who doesnt have the many fights and that would make hamill fall down the ladder.

If hamill wins that is really big for him and bad for rich, because i dont think rich would be the #2 guy at MW anymore.

Franklin should face someone like martin kampmann(that fight was suppose to happen) or thales leites

thanks forthe answer and im agree with you
fedorwins1
7/3/08 6:26:59PM
This is a horrible style match up for Franklin IMO. Hamill as we all know has amazing wrestling and a really good chin and he can last three rounds. Franklin has good hands and can out strike Hamill, but Hamill is going to be a lot more thicker than Franklin and WILL be able to take Franklin down.

Hamill UD
NatedawgThaM
7/3/08 6:32:55PM
If Hamil had some KO power, their's no doubt in my mind I'd pick Hamil 1st round KO since I've never really respected Franklin's chin that much. But Hamil isn't a KO artist, he just has great speed and cardio so he just keeps throwing until you give up or the ref steps in.

Hamil has a sick chin that not even Tim Boetch who IMO hits harder then Franklin couldn't put in trouble. I just think Hamil will control the pace of all 3 rounds with superior wrestling, good cardio, and the strength advantage while being able to take anything Franklin throws at him. Hamil by Unanimous Decision which would put him at #10 for Light Heavyweight with me. he's earned it.
GrizzlyChadams
7/3/08 6:41:35PM
Alot of people are thinking Hamill will be able to keep Rich on the ground and pull out a decision but i think he'll have enough takedown defence to keep it on the feet and pick Hamill apart leading to a knockout late in rd 2.
MMA_Alex
7/3/08 8:34:31PM
I'm thinking Franklin will stuff takedowns and just win the striking war, picking Hamill apart for a UD.
holt8081
7/3/08 8:40:53PM

Posted by MMA_Alex

I'm thinking Franklin will stuff takedowns and just win the striking war, picking Hamill apart for a UD.

I agree with you bro his stand up is the differance here
holt8081
7/3/08 8:42:53PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I dont think you are giving Hamill enough credit.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/3/08 9:09:53PM
I am one of those people who believe Hamill will take Franklin down at will and win by decision. With Anderson moving up to LHW you would think Franklin would stay and try to rule the Middle weights again.
jae_1833
7/3/08 9:38:19PM
Stylistically this is a rematch of Franklin v Shamrock......I see Franklin KOing Matt late in the second or early in the third and then gaining nothing for it but a paycheck. Rich should stay at MW as Anderson is going to stretch himself thin in a year or so if he keeps trying the two belts thing.
Franklinfan47
7/3/08 9:55:14PM
Should be a hell of a fight if it happens. I give striking and subs to Franklin and strength and wrestling to Hamill obviously. I'm saying franklin by UD after an all out war.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/3/08 11:02:22PM
matt hamill would tko franklin in the first round. hamill will be a future lhw champ.
Scott_Revels
7/3/08 11:34:30PM
I think Rich wants this fight just because everyone thinks it's bad for him. He's been beaten by Anderson both times they fought, and now he's looking for a fight that will show him where his weaknesses are. His fights with Silva don't last long enough for him to figure anything out (plus Silva is dominating him the whole time so it looks like he needs to work on everything, which he does). Fights like Lutter only make Rich look like Anderson does compared to Rich.

This fight will give Rich a chance to see where exactly he needs to work. I don't think this hurts Rich at all. This isn't MW, and as stated Hamill is bigger. Rich has nothing to worry about at MW, because as soon as he goes back there (and if he's not fighting Silva) then he's most likely going to go on another win streak. He's the next to the top of the ladder at MW, so no one below him would show him where he needs to improve. This way he gets to see where his problems are against a guy who is legitimately a threat to him.

Franklin by UD.
prozacnation1978
7/3/08 11:35:43PM
this match should not happen hamill should be fighting bonner or even lambert
and franklin should be fighting marquadt or even kampman he still is one of the best top 3 middlweights in the ufc,
joshryanshepherd
7/4/08 4:08:23AM
well i know "MMAth" doesn't work but i think Franklin is a much much better striker and all around fighter than Bisping and he was able to get up off the ground in the Hamill fight and he was able to handle the size of Hamill and he is a middle weight as well soooo.... i think it goes like this...

RD 1.
-Franklin comes in, circles with his hand out, and the Hamill slaps it. franklin throws a leg kick, lands but Matt almost got a take down from it so rich decides leg kicks are a bad idea. now they're in a clinch and franklin lands some good shots on his way out. Matt comes in throwing his jab repeatedly and franklin backs up while throwing a left straight, dazzing Hamil, rich thinks he smells blood, tries to throw more punches but Hamill gets the clinch again and now a sweep. while in Rich's guard Matt tries to throw shots but franklin's guard is to well maintained...wait it looks like rich is securing a triangle! oh and time is almost up! " CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!" only 10 seconds left and matt slips out throwing hammer fist after hammer fist! and time is up....

RD 2
-both fighters come out breathing hard and touch gloves. they start circling and Hamill throws a jab and goes in for a double franklin sprawls and lands a nice one two on Hamil's ears rich backs up allowing Matt to get on his feet. Rich throws a body kick that lands and Hamil throws a big right after catching Rich's kick knocking franklin to the ground matt tries to go after rich and land shots but he scrambles back to his feet... rich takes a deep breath and throws a soft jab and a hard left dropping Hamil. rich capitalizes and starts landing punches after punches and knees to the body. finally the ref has to step in and call it a night!!!
Aaronno9
7/4/08 5:33:26AM
I think rich takes it by sub. I think Hammil will think he can knock rich out and stand with him, but he'll just make rich look like machida and wont be able to land anything becouse of how well rich moves and works the angles. After eating jabs and a a few knees on the clinch, hammil will come out in round 2 looking for the takedown, and after being stuffed once or twice he'll get it. Then rich uses his totally underrated jits to sink in a triangle or armbar. If he cant find the sub, i think he'll beable to hold Matt at bay in his guard until the end of the round or the ref stands them up, Matt will gas, and ace will take the third round without to much trouble.

Take this with a pinch of salt if you will, im openly a rich franklin nuthugger, but this is really how i think the fight will go down.
JBatch
7/4/08 10:43:11AM
Franklin is a great fighter but Hamill has repeatedly shown he is no joke. I woud like to be able to say Franklin takes this one easy by picking apart Hamill but all you have to watch is the Hamill Bisping fight and that is dispelld.

I think Hamill takes this one by UD barring its not in Ohio with Ohioian lol judges equivilant to those in England during his fight vs. Bisping.
Figsak
7/4/08 1:04:53PM
I say as long as Franklin can get over the stigma of beating up a deaf kid... He'll take it to Hamill and put him away.
Scott_Revels
7/4/08 1:58:27PM
Lol. I don't think Franklin would care about Hamill being deaf. He didn't care that Anderson can't speak English, and that's like the same thing, just one deals with hearing, the other deals with speaking.
MMAFREAK89
7/4/08 11:35:10PM
Rich is good no doubt about that. And matt hamil should have won the decsion on his last fight with micheal bisping fight. So it should be and ok fight but not blockbuster...
MuSh
7/5/08 12:27:05AM
franklin takes this one
RNC
7/5/08 2:07:38AM
I think their fight will go all 3.

Franklin will win most of the exchanges, but Hamill will do a good job taking him down. It all depends on whether Franklin gets it back to the feet and how fast.

Overall, good fight for sure.

I might just go with the upset and say Hamill by decision.