Franklin vs GSP. Who would win?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Franklin vs GSP. Who would win?
Next Page »
POLL: Franklin vs GSP
Franklin 42% (27)
GSP 58% (37)
kofranklin
8/18/07 12:34:50AM
Who would you pick to win between Rich Franklin and GSP?
Boo_Radley21
8/18/07 1:38:19AM
gsp
peachfuzzz1305
8/18/07 1:54:25AM
They are pretty much evenly matched but I think GSP has more ways to win
backalley101
8/18/07 2:21:31AM
GSP would win KO
matthughes23
8/18/07 3:02:37AM
Both of them are well-rounded but GSP can finish better than franklin
TOMMYAYO05
8/18/07 3:28:18AM
Are we talking about RICH???hahaha he would kill gsp,if a little midget serra did that to him i can imagine what rich would do.This is actually a stupid question.Maybe if they were the same size but rich is a huge middleweight.
Twenty20Dollars
8/18/07 12:07:56PM
I think I would take rich by decision because of the size factor
zephead
8/18/07 12:54:03PM
Rich. To big and strong for GSP.
ncordless
8/18/07 2:38:03PM
Rich is way too big for GSP.
Jackelope
8/18/07 3:06:47PM
I met Rich in person when he and Couture came out to Iraq. He is ******* enormous for 185. I've got Rich thanks to size and reach. Although athletically even though Rich is amazing, I'd say GSP is even more so.

Still, Rich by KO
gamez0932
8/18/07 8:33:53PM
rich is just to big of a fighter... franklin would win.
hardhitta513
8/19/07 3:26:36PM
RICH vs. gsp....are u serious ppl...Rich 100% i take and except all bets any amount if this ever happens...
SicJits
8/20/07 9:26:32AM
cmon gsp is great......a great ww andd rich is a HUGE mw, and as serra showed gsp doesn't have an iron chin for guys his own size. who cares anyways since it will never ever happen.
The_Grim_Reaper
8/20/07 10:21:49PM
and................... GSP is a HUGE welterweight........GSP is more well rounded, and has better striking and grappling and is also a good jui-jitsu guy, Franklin supossedly has a black-belt in BJJ but ive never seen him use it, i say GSP 1st round tko / ko
kofranklin
8/21/07 12:30:28PM

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

and................... GSP is a HUGE welterweight........GSP is more well rounded, and has better striking and grappling and is also a good jui-jitsu guy, Franklin supossedly has a black-belt in BJJ but ive never seen him use it, i say GSP 1st round tko / ko

that is the most rediculas statment i have ever heard. rich would crush GSP. I just asked the question so i could laugh at people like you. And as for Richs BJJ. He has several wins via sub.
cowcatcher
8/21/07 12:52:51PM

Posted by kofranklin

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

that is the most rediculas statment i have ever heard. rich would crush GSP. I just asked the question so i could laugh at people like you. And as for Richs BJJ. He has several wins via sub.

i wouldnt be too quick to count gsp out, hes talked about moving up in the past. obviously youre a rich fan so your judgement may be a little biased here, but gsp is a big boy too, and i think this one would be closer than you think probably 60/40 for rich.
Pitbull09
8/21/07 3:37:55PM
GSP though I would like to be able to see his match with silva before answering this. GSP is amazingly good at staying at stand up and I think he outmatches Franklin in standup. It would still be a good fight though.
crushedbacon
11/27/07 2:53:10PM
GSP would trash Franklin.......it would look similar to the beatings silva gave him. Now Silva vs GSp would be something else however. Then again I would love to see Franklin get his face smashed in again, just never gets old!
Pitbull09
11/27/07 4:30:54PM
A better question would be GSP vs Anderson Silva but if you must ask, GSP is on a way higher level than Franklin
jiujitsufreak74
11/27/07 4:57:08PM
i would have to say rich would win because gsp is not anderson silva...

i think that everyone is starting to forget how franklin has dominanted the other compettion in the ufc (although that is not saying much) and his only stumble(s) so far was against silva, who is just on a phenomenal run of late and his striking is becoming more cerebral and crisp everytime he steps foot in the octagon. if you are not anderson silva or dan henderson, then i will have to say rich would beat you due to his size and strength advantage not to mention his experience at 185. people underestimate rich right now, and to say gsp would win is a declaration i cannot make. rich by KO or decision.
SexPanther
11/27/07 5:11:08PM
gsp easily, he'd do fine striking with rich and if he had trouble he'd be able to pound rich with gnp and superior wrestling skills
Aaronno9
11/27/07 6:27:33PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i think that everyone is starting to forget how franklin has dominanted the other compettion in the ufc (although that is not saying much) and his only stumble(s) so far was against silva, who is just on a phenomenal run of late and his striking is becoming more cerebral and crisp everytime he steps foot in the octagon. if you are not anderson silva or dan henderson, then i will have to say rich would beat you due to his size and strength advantage not to mention his experience at 185. people underestimate rich right now, and to say gsp would win is a declaration i cannot make. rich by KO or decision.

My thoughts exacly. I think alot of people where just waiting for the chance to tell everybody how rich was never that good anyways as soon as he lost and since he got beat off anderson its like people dont take him seriusly anymore. I think hed k.o st. peirre, but itd be a good fight.
jiujitsufreak74
11/27/07 6:53:53PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

My thoughts exacly. I think alot of people where just waiting for the chance to tell everybody how rich was never that good anyways as soon as he lost and since he got beat off anderson its like people dont take him seriusly anymore. I think hed k.o st. peirre, but itd be a good fight.

thank you for getting that, i would give you props but i have to spread the love

franklin is too underrated and gsp a bit overrated imo, at least at MW anyway.
stickyhash421
11/28/07 12:43:19AM
id say GSP's chin is better so i'll go with gsp
KeNn
11/28/07 12:02:26PM
gsp
SexPanther
11/28/07 12:36:38PM
i think what would happen here is rich would win the standup exchanges but not dominate to badly.

Gsp would take rich down many times and elbow his face in for a decision win.

all in all i think gsp would win this fight clearly.
CactusBob
11/28/07 3:03:47PM
This is actually a very close fight, though I wouldnt hold my breath for it happening. Both are big, though undoubtly Franklin is bigger, we saw what the smaller Silva has done to him. I would say GSP's athleticism would carry him through to a decision. One thing we could all agree on is that this would be an entertaining fight.
MMAFightClothes
11/28/07 6:19:43PM
GSP is the better athlete, but Rich would win.
SexPanther
11/29/07 12:22:10PM
yeah rich would use his favorite technique to win.

He would headbutt the kneecaps.
ravine
12/1/07 5:44:07AM

Posted by zephead

Rich. To big and strong for GSP.

to big and too strong eh... thats what they said when couture fought sylvia...but look wat happened there
Pages: [1] 2