Evans Ko/Tko 7% (4)
Evans Sub 0% (0)
Evans Dec 18% (10)
mrkennedy
9/9/08 12:08:24AM
Franklin Dec is my pick
DiabloFreak56
9/9/08 1:38:47AM
evans by KO once again. i think hell have the same gameplan he did vs chuck. wait and choose when to attack and eventually get that brutal KO once again
Khaos
9/9/08 3:41:43AM
Evans late TKO or UD.
Aaronno9
9/9/08 7:51:37AM
Franklin Decision. I dont think Rashad will beable to control him, and i think rich would just use his reach and kicks to ride out a UD. I really cant see rich getting caught like chuck did.
wiggum
9/9/08 10:26:56AM
one extremely impressive win doesnt mean evans is always gonna do it...i say franklin by decision....using striking and takedown defense to win
copcopps
9/9/08 11:36:44AM
Franklin by TKO, Franklin is younger and overall more defensive than Chuck. Plus when has Evans had a good clinch game which is Franklin's kryptonite?
bullettdodger
9/9/08 12:27:02PM
Thai Clinch is Franklin's weakness, he was pretty typically strong in the clinch until A. Silva came along...

Anyway I think Franklin takes this one, his hands won't even be nearly as low as Chuck likes to leave him
GrizzlyChadams
9/9/08 12:51:41PM
I think Franklin would actually end up getting a submission off his back. He's very underrated in that department and I think Evans would eventually get the takedown and leave himself open
mkiv9secsupra
9/9/08 1:56:39PM
Rashad isnt going to land the same punch he landed on Liddell on Franklin. Overall Franklin is a better striker than liddell just with less one punch KO power. Id say Franklin later round TKO or UD.
mk1630
9/9/08 2:44:05PM
Is this fight confirmed or just a rumor?
jiujitsufreak74
9/9/08 2:53:16PM

Posted by mk1630

Rashad is fighting Chuck for the title. this is just a dream match-up and really should be in the MMA Lounge to avoid such confusion.
RandyCouture
9/9/08 3:12:05PM
I think franklin take this one all the way. Unlike liddell counter striking style franklin would push the pace his jab and leg kicks would pick apart. Liddell looked bad chasing down rashad, unlike most other fighters liddell stays back and waits for them to come to him but rashad did not do that. It almost looked like chuck didnt know how to be aggressive and push the pace, his punches were sloppy and he left his hands down at points. Franklin's style of striking would pick apart rashad if he tried to do the same thing agaisnt him. And if rashad took down franklin I think he could easily pull off a sudmission from the bottom.

Franklin 2nd round sub or tko.
jocka
9/9/08 8:35:21PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by mk1630

Rashad is fighting Chuck for the title. this is just a dream match-up and really should be in the MMA Lounge to avoid such confusion.

You mean is he is figthing Griffin for the title right
Bumpy
9/9/08 9:19:15PM
Franklin by TKO
imanidiot777
9/9/08 9:24:38PM
I will not pick Rashad unless his opponent sucks, I'd still pick Chuck over him again.
Matimus
9/9/08 10:08:54PM
franklin TKO late second
jgtribbett
9/9/08 10:53:37PM
franklin 3rd ko/tko
ElatedMotion
9/9/08 11:55:14PM
Rashad UD But this can go to either fighter. Great matchup.
jiujitsufreak74
9/10/08 12:14:00AM

Posted by jocka

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by mk1630

You mean is he is figthing Griffin for the title right

WOW tlak about a slip up. yeah i mean Forrest...i need to get more sleep
gsquat
9/10/08 10:15:46AM

Posted by wiggum

one extremely impressive win doesnt mean evans is always gonna do it...i say franklin by decision....using striking and takedown defense to win

This is what I've been saying. Stop thinking fighters are their last fight. Evans isn't going to try to flash KO every opponent from now on. He did that with Chuck because thats how you beat him. Vs Franklin, expect him to go back to his wrestling and G&P. Thats where we differ though. i see Evans doing what he's done against many. Grinding out a hard fought decision.
cj_striker
9/11/08 12:17:22AM
I would love to see this fight, so Franklin can TKFO Rashad and all these Rashad lovers can shut their mouths. Rashad's wrestling is good, but not better than Hammill's and you see how Rich handled Matt. And people can speculate and say, "oh well Matt wasn't himself, he didn't stick to the game plan and tried to strike with Rich", so forth and so on. But the bottom line is Hammill tried for the take downs, but just couldn't get them. Rich is one of if not the smartest mixed martial artists in the game and he trains harder than anyone while preparing a strategic game plan for his opponent, so he worked really hard at stopping Hammill from taking the fight to the ground and he was successful. Bottomline Rich would most definitely win IMO, either by TKO or decision, hell maybe even sub if Rashad is able to take him down. Rich's underrated ground game is just dying to show itself.
gsquat
9/11/08 9:30:26AM

Posted by cj_striker

I would love to see this fight, so Franklin can TKFO Rashad and all these Rashad lovers can shut their mouths. Rashad's wrestling is good, but not better than Hammill's and you see how Rich handled Matt. And people can speculate and say, "oh well Matt wasn't himself, he didn't stick to the game plan and tried to strike with Rich", so forth and so on. But the bottom line is Hammill tried for the take downs, but just couldn't get them. Rich is one of if not the smartest mixed martial artists in the game and he trains harder than anyone while preparing a strategic game plan for his opponent, so he worked really hard at stopping Hammill from taking the fight to the ground and he was successful. Bottomline Rich would most definitely win IMO, either by TKO or decision, hell maybe even sub if Rashad is able to take him down. Rich's underrated ground game is just dying to show itself.

Your hate for Rashad and his fans is too apparent. Its obvious your predictions of Rashad's fights will be clouded by your disdain for him, eliminating any unbiased, solid argument for why he may win or lose a fight. You are like too many around here. No matter what Rashad does, he still isn't impressive. He's still not that good. He'll still lose his next fight. Oh, he beat Chuck because Chuck's out of his prime and has his hands down. Chuck always has his hands down and just before this fight everyone was talking about how Chuck was possibly at his best against Wanderlei Silva. Rashad and other TUF cast and winners are the future of the sport.
fonduktoe
9/12/08 3:36:44AM
wow
1 win and franklin is ready to hypothetically beat the #1 contender at lhw
i know "sugar" isn't a popular fighter but i think people are getting waaaay to "ace" crazy
rich is a good fighter but i don't see him at the top of the most (imo) stacked division in the ufc
i think both of the aforementioned fighters (rashad and franklin) are overrated in popular opinion when this weight class has fighters like silva, wandy, machida, rampage, shogun, vera, sokoudjou, jardine, etc. sitting on deck
haggiswashere
9/12/08 11:54:35AM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by cj_striker

Your hate for Rashad and his fans is too apparent. Its obvious your predictions of Rashad's fights will be clouded by your disdain for him, eliminating any unbiased, solid argument for why he may win or lose a fight. You are like too many around here. No matter what Rashad does, he still isn't impressive. He's still not that good. He'll still lose his next fight. Oh, he beat Chuck because Chuck's out of his prime and has his hands down. Chuck always has his hands down and just before this fight everyone was talking about how Chuck was possibly at his best against Wanderlei Silva. Rashad and other TUF cast and winners are the future of the sport.

AND YOUR OBSESSION WITH RASHAD IS APPARANT AS WELL!!!
gsquat
9/12/08 1:28:52PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Yes, you are a funny person. I've always liked Rashad. Ever since the show I've been behind him and knew he'd be the champ some day. Few are fans of my caliber.
haggiswashere
9/12/08 1:45:23PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by haggiswashere

Yes, you are a funny person. I've always liked Rashad. Ever since the show I've been behind him and knew he'd be the champ some day. Few are fans of my caliber.

wow a first in these forums. a self nuthugger... do you think maybe someday i can be as good of fan as you?
Bowen50
9/12/08 2:36:27PM
Franklin UD or late TKO. he has much better striking than Rashad and he doesn't fight with his hands at his waist like Liddell. Franklin takes the late TKO or UD by battering Rashad on the feet using more technical striking and leg kicks.
gsquat
9/12/08 4:00:17PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by gsquat

Posted by haggiswashere

wow a first in these forums. a self nuthugger... do you think maybe someday i can be as good of fan as you?

They made a thread about people like you. They were trying to figure out what the opposite of a nut-hugger is. You know... someone who refuses to acknowledge a fighter's ability or status. But you just keep thinking the way you do. Looking at your stats this season it looks like its going real well for you.
pv3Hpv3p
9/12/08 4:08:30PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by haggiswashere

Woah... Chill with the patting yourself on the back... There's nothing wrong with cheering for your homtown boy but you can't expect people to love him just the same... He's starting to pile up the impressice victories, but has a bundle of uninspired decisions that made fans shy away from him... It's just a personal preference...

......"fan of your caliber".... LOL
haggiswashere
9/13/08 2:21:58PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by gsquat

Posted by haggiswashere

They made a thread about people like you. They were trying to figure out what the opposite of a nut-hugger is. You know... someone who refuses to acknowledge a fighter's ability or status. But you just keep thinking the way you do. Looking at your stats this season it looks like its going real well for you.

i never said i didn't like rashad. i just think people like you are ridiculous. you picked an underdog and got it right and you never let anyone forget it. honest props to you for sticking with someone this long but your ridiculous. your obviously in love with yourself and you decide everyone who doesn't think exactly like you is wrong. go to search and look up a post i did called LHW title. look who i picked as who i want to be champ. granted i did it after the fight but what i am saying is you have to make everyone an enemy to discuss anything. and look at your career stats your the same as i am. your on a streak get over yourself. and they were looking for a name for me? haha we ALL have a name for you!
Pages: [1] 2