Franklin's cornerman unorthodox?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Franklin's cornerman unorthodox?
moob
9/7/08 12:23:32PM
Anyone notice the weird crap that Franklin's cornerman put in his eye cut after Round 1? I'm guessing it was some kinda material that had a coagulant in it, as it seemed to stop the bleeding really well. When the ref stopped the fight for a time out, he must have noticed some of it falling out of his eye. It looked like breadcrumbs! The cornerman wasn't even wearing any gloves - I thought that was a requirement?

Hamill really needs to learn to check leg kicks if he's gonna stand a chance against good stand-up fighters, you can't block them by raising your guard! He looked really flat-footed after Round 1 and never really stood a chance when Franklin had taken his legs away.

He won't be doing much swinging after that kick to the pills!
jnjjacob
9/7/08 2:18:50PM
Yea, I noticed the wierd stuff too. My guess was that it was some sort of quick-clot.
I'm not familiar with the cornerman / cutman rules, so I don't know what is was for sure. Hopefully, someone will reply and educate me on this.
MFOTHER
9/7/08 2:22:48PM

Posted by jnjjacob

Yea, I noticed the wierd stuff too. My guess was that it was some sort of quick-clot.
I'm not familiar with the cornerman / cutman rules, so I don't know what is was for sure. Hopefully, someone will reply and educate me on this.

that was my guess as well, but i think they only put it in in round one.
JimiMak
9/7/08 3:03:40PM

Posted by moob

Anyone notice the weird crap that Franklin's cornerman put in his eye cut after Round 1? I'm guessing it was some kinda material that had an anti-coagulant in it, :

See I'd guess it was a coagulant. So that it would stop the blood.
moob
9/7/08 3:10:05PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by moob

Anyone notice the weird crap that Franklin's cornerman put in his eye cut after Round 1? I'm guessing it was some kinda material that had an anti-coagulant in it, :

See I'd guess it was a coagulant. So that it would stop the blood.

Indeed, yes - that was rather dumb of me.
Aether
9/7/08 3:38:02PM
yeah I was commenting on that to my friends as well. I figured it must've been some sort of coagulating agent because there was absolutely no blood coming out of that cut for the entire fight. Matt even tagged him right on the cut a couple of times in round 2.

It almost looked like coarse salt. I'm sure that it probably wasn't, putting salt into an open wound would be awful lol. It had the same kind of texture though, it was like thick white granules.
madchaodizzys
9/7/08 8:40:31PM
The Bacon wolves were watching, and our consensus was that it was COTTAGE CHEESE, (without chives).